• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

US Amateur Doubles in Charlotte

No one should ever be forced to play professionally in any sport.

you shouldnt be forced to move up, but if all the other divisions are seperated by a rating then why not pro? you should be able to play open any time you want , but once you hit a certain rating (975-980) and can hold that rating for couple months, you should move up. simple as that. at the least you shouldnt be playing c teirs in am...

you shouldnt be forced to move up, but if all the other divisions are seperated by a rating then why not pro? you should be able to play open any time you want , but once you hit a certain rating (975-980) and can hold that rating for couple months, you should move up. simple as that. at the least you shouldnt be playing c teirs in am...

Once again, no one is ever going to be forced to play pro.

And you can play open anytime you want.

Someone of that level should play open, however, they are not forced too.

No they shouldn't. but I think Trohpy only for AMs will help this situation. (lower entry with nice Players pack) Baggers are winning big stacks of plastic or baskets then just selling them here or ebay.. No incentive to move up.

Either way to each their own. Good luck to all my Hickraw players playN and crush those baggers

^^ TROPHY only!! Baggers will be BAGGERS. Skeeerd lil puppy dogs. Good Luck to all the kats for the 828.

No one should ever be forced to play professionally in any sport.

This is kind of a preposterous statement when you think about it. "No one" and "any" are pretty broad statements. Tiger Woods shouldn't be teeing it up at a local event on the weekends, you shouldn't be allowed to show up for a big money amateur softball tourney with a roster comprised of MLB stars, etc etc. I get that they have already gone pro so the point is a bit different, I'm just saying. I'm not overly arguing the point you are making or anything, I just think that's a bit obtuse.

^^ TROPHY only!! Baggers will be BAGGERS. Skeeerd lil puppy dogs. Good Luck to all the kats for the 828.

some people want/need as much experience as they can get before the move to pro. some people feel they have things to work on with their games. doesn't make them scared. makes them aware of their abilities and what may be lacking. but yeah...bagger, like ratings numbers, is subjective and all depends on who is talking.

This is kind of a preposterous statement when you think about it. "No one" and "any" are pretty broad statements. Tiger Woods shouldn't be teeing it up at a local event on the weekends, you shouldn't be allowed to show up for a big money amateur softball tourney with a roster comprised of MLB stars, etc etc. I get that they have already gone pro so the point is a bit different, I'm just saying. I'm not overly arguing the point you are making or anything, I just think that's a bit obtuse.

It's 100% different, so I don't get what you are saying. If Climo was playing US Doubles, this would be a valid point.

Just deal with it

For those who choose to stay in a division based on their mental readiness i guess I understand. What goes on the scorecard and what goes on in your head are two seperate things. Who is to say who is ready to move up and who is not? For myself if I ever wanted to move up then I would have to have time to practice the fundamentals every day. So those of you who have 40 (or in my case more) hour a week jobs and still play pro I commend your efforts.

That being said though if you are blasting through quality am tourney fields regardless of how your mental game is, wouldn't it be better to learn from the pros on how to handle the mental struggles?

For those who choose to stay in a division based on their mental readiness i guess I understand. What goes on the scorecard and what goes on in your head are two seperate things. Who is to say who is ready to move up and who is not? For myself if I ever wanted to move up then I would have to have time to practice the fundamentals every day. So those of you who have 40 (or in my case more) hour a week jobs and still play pro I commend your efforts.

That being said though if you are blasting through quality am tourney fields regardless of how your mental game is, wouldn't it be better to learn from the pros on how to handle the mental struggles?

:thmbup:

It's 100% different, so I don't get what you are saying. If Climo was playing US Doubles, this would be a valid point.

What I'm saying is, it's kind of preposterous to say that "no one" should "ever" be forced to play professionally in "any sport." There are plenty of valid points to make in regards to this topic without jumping to such a claim is all. It's another logical jump. That claim is just too close to saying 'no one should ever be forced to move up a level in any sport.' It may even be true as it relates to disc golf, perhaps no one should ever be forced to play open, that's arguable, I can see that. But to extrapolate that in such a way, seems a bit extreme.

some people want/need as much experience as they can get before the move to pro. some people feel they have things to work on with their games. doesn't make them scared. makes them aware of their abilities and what may be lacking. but yeah...bagger, like ratings numbers, is subjective and all depends on who is talking.
Also true. Still Trophy only! You Ball Digital I dont wanna hear it! (Pats his chest aggressively twice) :popcorn:

992 rated ams totally help the sport grow. i may have 2-3 pdga rounds rated that high. to shoot 1000 rated rounds 1/3 of your rounds.....you should do yourself and other ams a favor and move up. the last tourney mark played as a am he beat the top pro spot by 10+ strokes...IMO 975 should be the cut-off for ams

This team was on my card the last round and was leading until hole 18.

Glad my 992 rating didnt scare you away. I would have missed the great golf that you all played. Robbie and his partner killed it all day long.

Why are half the teams only showing one partner name, including yours?

We all played lonewolf.

Because, the PDGA can't figure it out, even though they have been "getting software for that" for 6 months...and they have done it 100's of times. I guess when there are different pools of the same division on different courses, fire alarms go off at the IDGC and everyone has to leave the building.

To be fair, if players don't sign in correctly using both players names and PDGA #'s (using team names for example) it takes the TD's recording the correct information and turning it in. Maybe that hasnt happened yet. The sign up page should be clear, type your name, pdga # and your partners, or you can't register for the event. Make that a requirement of anyone that does registration for PDGA tournaments.

Also, answer this, how come a PDGA run event, World's Mixed Doubles, hasn't shown on the update for 2 ratings cycles? You think that they would want to be the model of turning in reports on time. Of course when you mention any of this, you are the jerk.

You, my home boys, should not go pro till you can beat me four rounds in a row. That will make you a pro.

This team was on my card the last round and was leading until hole 18.

Glad my 992 rating didnt scare you away. I would have missed the great golf that you all played. Robbie and his partner killed it all day long.

It was a good day of golf...you guys definetly pushed us to play well...glad i got to see next years new crop of pro players in action.

Latest posts