• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Using a Cheetah?

Sethster

So I came across a new DX Cheetah, after my brother didn't want it.

What can I expect to use it for, as I wait to throw it this weekend?

Is it even in your bag?

I've used one, while waiting for a Gazelle to beat in.

Think Leopard with more fade, makes nice s-shots out of the box.

My son uses an 11X kc pro cheetah for straight shots but thats about all I can tell you.

I used a Cheetah when I first started playing, I remember it being straight and finesse-able.. Once I figured out my power arm, I had no use for the Cheetah. I used to have 2 in my truck, but they were sacrificed off a damn.

The Cheetah is very similar to the Leopard and Gazelle.

I love my dx cheetah for straight or turnover fairway shots. It hyzer flips beautifully and is very controllable. For me it does anything a leopard does, with less chance of finishing with a roll as the cheetah likes to flatten out a little at the end of gentle anny shots.

The Cheetah is really close to a Leopard, just a tad bit more stable. It is a very good control driver, it is just overlooked becasue it is only sold in DX and the Leopard comes in Champ/Star/Pro. The Cheetah is good for straight to anhyzer control drives. It doesn't like a lot of torque, but with a clean release you can get good distance from a hyzer flip. It's a sold driver.

The more stable Leopard is accurate to me. I keep one in my bag for water holes, or shots where my more loved discs may go missing. It has been pretty good for me considering that I don't use it often. It is finally starting to break in a little. I think it is a good utility disc.

My extremely broken in Cheetah is my favorite roller disc. Having been rolling for too long, but it works best for me currently.

It's required that all Cheetahs be paired with Aviars, especially if you are naturally athletic. Wait, which forum am I on again?

I've always wanted to throw one of these, have they ever come out in Pro?

It's required that all Cheetahs be paired with Aviars, especially if you are naturally athletic. Wait, which forum am I on again?

006-1.jpg

For sure.... I have a 10X KC-Pro Cheetah that I found last year. They just dont make 'em in Pro anymore.

Oh yeah, the fancy KC Pro, forgot about that stuff. Nice disc 3P, is that from your disc cellar?

Yeah, I threw KC Cheetahs for a bit. They were good for me, just a tad beefier than a DX Cheetah. The KC Gazelles were too overstable for me, the KC Cheetahs were just right. I went back to Cyclones at some point and ended up with one that never got thrown.

The other one still hanging around is this:
005-1.jpg

It's a Cheetah X or an SE Cheetah, depending on who you talk to. It was slightly modified to be more stable, but it really didn't work. They flew just about the same as any other KC Cheetah. It's not worth anything, but they are rare. Evey old discer need some mysterious "rare" disc hanging around the basement.

IMO, the DX Cheetah is one of the best drivers for anyone throwing them less than 320'. It will be both easy to control and force good habits.

I haven't thrown one in Champ plastic but I'd imagine they'd be great. It's pretty much what pepole want when they ask for a Champion Gazelle. I understand why they don't make them, though. The number of people who want a Champion Gazelle is much smaller than the number of people who want a Champion Teebird. From a manufacturing standpoint, it's a lot easier to push a smaller number of discs to get higher quantities than it is to manage inventory for a lot of different discs.

I'm getting off topic a bit, but my suggestion for anyone wanting a high end Cheetah or Gazelle is to get a ESP Cyclone.

IMO, the DX Cheetah is one of the best drivers for anyone throwing them less than 320'. It will be both easy to control and force good habits.

I haven't thrown one in Champ plastic but I'd imagine they'd be great. It's pretty much what pepole want when they ask for a Champion Gazelle. I understand why they don't make them, though. The number of people who want a Champion Gazelle is much smaller than the number of people who want a Champion Teebird. From a manufacturing standpoint, it's a lot easier to push a smaller number of discs to get higher quantities than it is to manage inventory for a lot of different discs.

I'm getting off topic a bit, but my suggestion for anyone wanting a high end Cheetah or Gazelle is to get a ESP Cyclone.

100% agreed with everything here.

Latest posts