• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

USWDGC 2022

Looking at the GK PRO R1 . . Eveliina and Henna are SOO good of the tee, far and straight every time. . not even a player like Paige is close, shes all over the place of the tee.

Looking at the GK PRO R1 . . Eveliina and Henna are SOO good of the tee, far and straight every time. . not even a player like Paige is close, shes all over the place of the tee.

I'd say that even if Eveliina can be 60% c1x for a tournament, she should almost always podium, if not win. She's the best thrower on tour, in terms of power+accuracy

I'd say that even if Eveliina can be 60% c1x for a tournament, she should almost always podium, if not win. She's the best thrower on tour, in terms of power+accuracy

Setting herself up for an opportunity to redeem her Waco and Champions Cup performances. Would be great to see but I can't say I'm optimistic she'll stay hot from C1X with Jomez etc popping around.

Setting herself up for an opportunity to redeem her Waco and Champions Cup performances. Would be great to see but I can't say I'm optimistic she'll stay hot from C1X with Jomez etc popping around.

she was on the GKPro card yesterday as well as live. I don't think it will make a difference for her today. It probably helped more that Henna was on a card with her, so she was probably more in a comfort zone due to that

Feels like every single one of the top 20 FPO players have at least one big weakness. . might be the reason that FPO is fun to watch. .

she was on the GKPro card yesterday as well as live. I don't think it will make a difference for her today. It probably helped more that Henna was on a card with her, so she was probably more in a comfort zone due to that

Misses her first tester (12'?) of the day on hole 2 with Henna off the card.

Backhand+forehand I agree. I think Henna is the best backhand player in FPO, overall, but she has almost no forehand and her putts are just bad.

This has to be one of the best courses I've seen FPO play. I like that it tests many skills: Accurate drives, finesse approaches, challenging greens, punishing rough, technical fairways. It's one of the few times I've seen players have to dig into a wide array of shots and disc choices. I've seen rollers, overhands, Sky Annies, FH Hyzers, all the shots are represented.

I've heard discussion in the past that FPO and MPO should be split on the DGPT, but I've always resisted this notion. This weekend may change my mind. It's just not entertaining to see the same skill set tested over and over with the same handful of players in the winner's circle.

This has to be one of the best courses I've seen FPO play. I like that it tests many skills: Accurate drives, finesse approaches, challenging greens, punishing rough, technical fairways. It's one of the few times I've seen players have to dig into a wide array of shots and disc choices. I've seen rollers, overhands, Sky Annies, FH Hyzers, all the shots are represented.

I've heard discussion in the past that FPO and MPO should be split on the DGPT, but I've always resisted this notion. This weekend may change my mind. It's just not entertaining to see the same skill set tested over and over with the same handful of players in the winner's circle.

I'm with you. At an average rating of 908, these players are essentially intermediate AM level players and it's much more fun to watch them on a course that tests at that level.

Current PDGA member and everything I try as per PDGA &DGN instructions I can't play. Any ideas?

If you just registered or renewed your PDGA membership while one of these events is in progress access will be granted the following day.

For me, as described in the instructions, it worked the next day.

Really enjoyed playing this Vallarta Ast at Token Creek. A bunch of holes that strike a nice balance between open and wooded, and really make you choose a line and execute. Beautifully manicured. Holes that feel so inviting to play just standing on the tee.

Erica Stinchcomb hit the nail on the head when she said, she wouldn't describe the course as easy, but the holes are very attackable. Really makes you think about what you want to do.

I'm with you. At an average rating of 908, these players are essentially intermediate AM level players and it's much more fun to watch them on a course that tests at that level.

Let's be real here, you're not likely to watch many women near that average (or median?) rating. You'll most likely only be watching women from the top 3 cards which currently have an average rating of 957 and median of 965, that's about 9 rating lower median than the top 12 in MA1 at AM World's this past weekend, the biggest MA1 tournament of the year.

So yeah, the middle to lower end of the field may be playing close to an ma2-4 level albeit with a different skillset, but the ones we're likely to see play will be closer to the best MA1 players with less power but a more consistent game.

Really enjoyed playing this Vallarta Ast at Token Creek. A bunch of holes that strike a nice balance between open and wooded, and really make you choose a line and execute. Beautifully manicured. Holes that feel so inviting to play just standing on the tee.

Erica Stinchcomb hit the nail on the head when she said, she wouldn't describe the course as easy, but the holes are very attackable. Really makes you think about what you want to do.

It translates well to video, looks meticulously cared for! Also, the rough seems to have purpose, not just to punish a poorly thrown shot but it gives each hole a real sense of independence. How lucky you are to have played there, what a gem!

Paige in the commentary. for R2F9.
"You need to make birdys Kona"

The comment was about Eveliina missing a birdy and Kona said "no worry she still got the par"

But i Wonder what Kona thought about that comment as Kona has less Birdys total in two rounds than Oliva had i R2. . and Kona is 17 throws behind

Paige in the commentary. for R2F9.
"You need to make birdys Kona"

The comment was about Eveliina missing a birdy and Kona said "no worry she still got the par"

But i Wonder what Kona thought about that comment as Kona has less Birdys total in two rounds than Oliva had i R2. . and Kona is 17 throws behind

Pretty descriptive of 2 things to me.

On one hand the difference between Paige and Kona, Paige being probably the most aggressive player in FPO, constantly hunting birdies and eagles, vs Kona who is the worst putter in FPO now that Evelina can pútt again and might look at a missed birdie putt and tap in par as not losing strokes.

On the other hand it shows the difference between this course and most courses they play on your. On most tour courses you'll do well by getting tons of pars and picking up a few birdies here and there, avoiding bogeys, on this course you need to get like 6-10 birdies just to stay in the mix.

How lucky you are to have played there, what a gem!

I thank Tim and DGCR.

20 years ago when I started playing, if you told me that I was gonna:
1) spend over $1K on plastic
2) plan vacations around where the best courses are.
3) write reviews about courses I've played (or that anyone would even care what I had to say about them).
4) play competitively in leagues/tournaments.
5) follow the game at a professional level.

... I'd have told you, "You're full of feces. No way any of that's gonna happen." Doubt I'd be doing that if not for DGCR, or at the very least, wouldn't have been doing it as early.

Happy to say, "I'd have been wrong."

Last edited: