• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

USWDGC 2022

In her presentation in Jomez R3F9 Hailey was NOT kind to Discraft. . "i feelt like no one had my back the last years"
i wonder what happend and why. . Paige did not make much comments

I saw that too. I just have take it at face value.
Can't imagine she'd have said that if she felt that they gave her the support she needed/wanted. Maybe they were just paying more attention to Paige and Missy. :confused:

Paige seemed to have a very similar take when she left Dynamic for Discraft. :\

Bottom line:
Some pairings of player/sponsor just click better than others. Players change sponsors for any number of reasons. Things that are important to some players, may not be as important to others. I can only hope players end up with the companies that support them the best, from each players perspective, because all of us watching benefit from that.

Last edited:
Performance Tracks.

attachment.php

Attachments

• USWDGC2022.jpg
    USWDGC2022.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 189
Congrats to HK...if this is her breakthrough in terms of mental game and dealing with pressure then the rest of the field is now on notice.

It might be. I have her as my pick for Worlds next year, both VT courses suit her game very well.

For Eveliina it ALL abot her putt. . everyting else works. .

But in R1-2 she only missed one C1x putt per round, , ,in R3 she missed 4 C1 putts. . and in round 4 she missed 14!!

In a way it strange that she can miss SO many putts and still be in the top 6. .

For Eveliina it ALL abot her putt. . everyting else works. .

But in R1-2 she only missed one C1x putt per round, , ,in R3 she missed 4 C1 putts. . and in round 4 she missed 14!!

In a way it strange that she can miss SO many putts and still be in the top 6. .

She was putting for birdie or eagle at 15 out of 18 holes yesterday. So the drives were magnificent! Too bad she didin't capitalize those opportunities.

She was putting for birdie or eagle at 15 out of 18 holes yesterday. So the drives were magnificent! Too bad she didin't capitalize those opportunities.

I hope Eveliina or Innova can find someone to help her. . if its the mental side or just start over with a new putt. . it cant get worse so why not try something new.
Most of her misses looks the same, she misses to the right with alot of hyzer angle on the disc.

Eveliina is not the first notable upper tier FPO (or MPO, for that matter) player to struggle with putting. I have faith she can and will work through it, and we'll all be better for it. I didn't watch all the coverage, but did tune in daily to some of the tournament, and it was the most compelling FPO major I can remember. Heck it was hard to root against anyone on the top 2 cards yesterday. Some great performances in my opinion, most notably from King, Scoggins, and V. Mandajuano. Excellent tournament.

Maybe time for a "putter coach" in discgolf? A player that makes +$100000 a year might afford a putter/mental coach?

Midway through last year's Throw Pink Paige was very vocal about crediting her mental coach for her -7 through two rounds. She proceeded to go +18 on her third round.

Lot´s of nerves in R4. .looks like both Ohn and Val lost momentum as they got the lead. . but i guess that having the lead in a mayor with only 9 to play WILL mess with your head

Lot´s of nerves in R4. .looks like both Ohn and Val lost momentum as they got the lead. . but i guess that having the lead in a mayor with only 9 to play WILL mess with your head

Val didn't have the lead, she was 1 stroke back, took a bogey to Haley's birdey and went 3 back. Then she clawed and nailed the 70 footer on 18 to put pressure back on Haley. Hole 18 is a fairly easy 3, so Haley did what she needed to do to seal the win.

All in all I found it to be a fun tourney to watch, very entertaining.

I hope Eveliina or Innova can find someone to help her. . if its the mental side or just start over with a new putt. . it cant get worse so why not try something new.
Most of her misses looks the same, she misses to the right with alot of hyzer angle on the disc.

With the success she had in the 1st 2 rounds putting and even good success still in round 3, I would not think it is any form issue. I think if someone like Paul was willing to share some of his mental procedures/tricks it could help a lot. I think she looks back at past tournaments too much, instead of focusing on that last great putt she just made. Also, being able to really focus and block out the moment is a tremendous skill. Not sure how to teach it, but some have it, some don't. Man if someone could teach that, they would make some nice coin...So many videos and even packages on the physical side of throwing, but none I know of on the mental side. The advice you do see is pretty basic--just block it out, don't worry about it, stuff like that, but that is different than actually doing it when there could be thousands or tens of thousands (think sponsorship stuff) on the line.

I still think the reality is when one is nervous or stressed, the body's muscles physically react, and do not respond as they normally do. So something that relies so much on muscle memory, like putting, gets fouled up because you think you are doing the same thing, but the results are different.

Val didn't have the lead, she was 1 stroke back, took a bogey to Haley's birdey and went 3 back. Then she clawed and nailed the 70 footer on 18 to put pressure back on Haley. Hole 18 is a fairly easy 3, so Haley did what she needed to do to seal the win.

All in all I found it to be a fun tourney to watch, very entertaining.

Are you sure?
i might be wrong but i think that after the F9 King, Val and Ohn were all tied in the lead. . so Val was in the lead, but it was chared

Edit looked it up

attachment.php

Attachments

• Skärmklipp.JPG
    Skärmklipp.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 164
Are you sure?
i might be wrong but i think that after the F9 King, Val and Ohn were all tied in the lead. . so Val was in the lead, but it was chared

Edit looked it up

attachment.php

Gotcha. Val was one hole ahead. I was just looking at the UDISC live scoreboard, but yes, at one point they were tied, with Val one hole ahead of King. When Haley birdied that hole, she pulled back in lead.

I think Uli's advice is sound. Practice your stroke thousands of times. Get your routine down. Then, when the moment arises, you're mind is occupied with focusing on the routine, not the moment.

Stop.
Focus on a link.
Take a breath.
Throw through the link.

Keeping your mind out of the moment, at least for that moment, is key to not defeating yourself.

Last edited:
Eveliina is my favorite to watch off the tee, but she doesn't have good putting sequence or motion. I think she knows it's not good mechanics and therefore can't trust her putt.

In long distance running, people refer to having "bonked". Basically, you run out of available blood sugar and all of a sudden, mid run, you are stuggling to keep pace.

Did anyone else think Maria Oliva basically bonked during the second half of round 3? She looked fatigued to me, all of a sudden. I'm not talking about blood sugar, so much as muscle fatigue. Her performance dropped precipitously, but it didn't really seem mental to me.

Given that disc golf is really the first athletic endeavor she has excelled at and really put time into, it wouldn't surprise me if a muscular endurance is something she needs to build. Can't help but think that getting into a regular lifting routine might see benefits. (see the discussions the group had with Holyn Handley during the practice round coverage).

Oliva had played perfect up to that point, everything was working, she was in a "flow"

Then a bad tee shot, and a few bad scrambles and i think she started to think. . But it could be that as long as everything worked she was doing fine and once the bad breakes started she just started to feel fatigued.

I do feel for my game that i can get in a flow and everyting working great. . and then ONE bad shot and everything falls apart

When Hannah McBeth and "The People's Champ" Kona Panis are carding -3's it's hard to see Salonen's final round +1 as anything more than an absolute choke job.

When Elver shows it's teeth it bites hard. It's a very technically demanding course, and if your drives are off it puts *a lot* of pressure on your putting...so it was sort of a perfect storm. I can shoot under 50 there long to blue on a perfect day, but way more often I'm close to 60 because of the reasons above. And that's not even at a major, just casual rounds.

If you're not on your game there, it's going to be a long and painful round.