• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

USWDGC 2023

Being that its almost that time of the year where players start looking to break bread for new contracts, what FPO player can benefit the most (besides Silva S) to impress would be sponsors this weekend with a breakout performance coming down the stretch?

Nice to see Cox in the top, her year has been terrible. . fun round so far, So many lead shifts

It was looking like a rough round for the lead card until Henna's strong finish.
Haily King +2 fell 5 spots, Missy Gannon +5 dropped 16 spots and Holly Finley +11 fell 35 places (ouch!).

Feels like you have alot of very thight short holes, if you hit the line you get the birdy....if you missm insta Bogey. . . hole 2 is a good example of that, in Jomez practice round Madison got super beat on that hole.

I do think it will be hard to have 4 clean rounds here, you WILL blow up on a few holes. .
It kind of depends on how aggressive you want to be. You can punt on the tough par 3s on the front and try to get your birdies on the back. Most of the bogeys were from getting bad kicks into unscramble-able rough and not taking your medicine or trying too hard to get eagles on the soft par 5s.
What does everyone think of The Regulator?

In case you didn't catch it, its one of 3 courses in Cedarock Park. Cedarock is a mostly open course, and Wellspring is heavily wooded, a huge contrast. The cool thing about those two, is that you can play the Figure 8, and jump from one course to the other, and back again, to play all 36.
It's an excellent course. Though it's playing tough on the ladies, this is a huge field with lots <900 rated women that are making it look way harder than it is. Part of that is the distances (hole 14 takes two good rips to birdie for example) and part of it is some holes on the front 9 being very Backhand unfriendly (hole 8 for sure). But the holes are fair and I think well designed for FPO.

Hole 5 is odd. . OB super close behind the basket. .and a DZ for OB from the tee . . .so a good shot that glides past the basket is OB. . and you have to throw from a DZ and again have OB directly behind the basket
It's a touchy backhand but definitely a flip up forehand hole. You have to have a drop zone because the OB is so close to the basket it's a tap in par if you ace run it. The DZ is like circle's edge. Between the elevated basket, the proximity to OB, and the tester range of the putt, I don't get the play to ace run it and settle for the DZ. It's way simpler to flick a putter and just let it die right too early and end up with a par worst case scenario that way.

Hard Course and BAD weather and high winds. . this is going to be a hard round

Weather is not the best, still a fun round to watch.

This is a very nice course.

Terry Millerisms:

Blomroos = Bloomros
Tattar = Tah-Tar

I am wondering why Henna didn't re-tee after her shank on hole 18. She would have been throwing 3 from the tee, but it still would have been better.

Just a tragic hole 18 for Henna... hopefully, she can pull it together and make tomorrow competitive.

When I saw the replay, it actually looked like she played the 3rd shot from the correct lie. Her second shot ended up leaning against something at a 45 degree angle, not flat to the ground.

When I saw the replay, it actually looked like she played the 3rd shot from the correct lie. Her second shot ended up leaning against something at a 45 degree angle, not flat to the ground.
The entire thing was just weird. The thing I noticed in replaying was the orange disc and just wasn't positive where that come from.

She immediately called it on herself (props to her for that), but I can't even remember the last time I saw a misplay like that.

Last edited:
The entire thing was just weird. The thing I noticed in replaying was the orange disc and just wasn't positive where that come from.

She immediately called it on herself (props to her for that), but I can't even remember the last time I saw a misplay like that.

My error, the misplay happened on her 4th shot, not her 3rd shot.

Yes, props to her for calling it. Tomorrow should be interesting. Kristin seems to be a different player from the lead. I don't care who wins, but I would love to see Henna give Kristin a run for her money.

Just a tragic hole 18 for Henna... hopefully, she can pull it together and make tomorrow competitive.
That hole has beat her up so far. 3 rounds for a total of 18 strokes. That's averaging double bogey. If not for that hole, she's leading this thing.

I have to give her props for immediately calling herself on the misplay. That only compounded what was already a bad hole for her.

But it's nice to see her putting well.

Last edited:
I think The Regulator looks pretty sick~ I have been wanting to hit up Wellspring/Cedarock for almost a decade now. Heard a lot about them when I was in Greensboro. Of course, once I saw your Flythrough video, it only strengthened my desire to play the courses at the park. Hopefully I will get to play them all soon.
Thanks, but you're giving me to much credit, the great video flythrough was posted, not mine.
When I added the course on here, I wasn't sure how to label it, so went with Moderately Hilly and Moderately Wooded. I'm thinking it should be at least Heavily Wooded, what's everyone think about the level of Hills?

Thanks, but you're giving me to much credit, the great video flythrough was posted, not mine.
When I added the course on here, I wasn't sure how to label it, so went with Moderately Hilly and Moderately Wooded. I'm thinking it should be at least Heavily Wooded, what's everyone think about the level of Hills?
Fair enough. Either way it definitely made me excited to play the course soon.

Hard to tell how the course feels without at least seeing it in person, but I think Heavily Wooded could be fair. Seems like only one hole has a fairway devoid of trees. Even most of the open holes have some portion of the fairway playing through the woods. Some of the gaps do like pretty tight too. At least the front nine.

I think it's even harder to tell elevation through coverage, but from what we've, and how much I've come to realize everything looks far flatter on coverage, I would venture a guess that "Very Hilly" wouldn't be a stretch.

That misplay was the first penalty stroke for Blomroos all tournament. Tattar is at 4 through 3 rounds and Salonen has 2 so far. Being the first time this course has been played by the touring FPO field I wonder if they had enough practice to fully understand all the risky areas to avoid. Surprised that some of the typical contenders have each had a couple struggle rounds/holes. Also interesting that 7 Europeans are among the top 15 after 3 rounds - does this course resemble more what they play in the European tour stops?

Course offers a lot of variation for tee shots and greens with elevation. Appropriate distances for FPO along with plenty of challenging control & power shots. Opportunities to take some risks to try and make it well up the fairways on par 4 & 5s. Potential for eagle on the par 5s with 2 great shots and a putt. Seems to suit the precise FH and power BH FPO golfers pretty well for different holes.

I like the way holes that are fairly open off the tee (or even the 2nd shot), have baskets buried well back into the woods. Does a great job of rewarding distance if it's well placed.

The closer to you get to the window where the approach starts, the more important it is to be lined up well. Being 30 ft further down the fairway can really cut off your angle if you don't end up in the sweet spot.

And some of the tree kicks here are brutal. This course is all about placement.

So given that track record... how much do you think Henna would need to lead by come final round final hole, to NOT give it away... hopefully it doesnt come to that but itd be a tough situation for sure

Can someone talk me through the misplay?

Edit Nevermind they have the hole here at 11:30

Where DID that orange disc come from? I mean after her 3rd shot it was her time to throw again, she walked up to her lie and a orange disc appered on the ground. .did she drop it? I dont get why she would place it on the wet ground if that was the disc she was going to throw. . just wierd

Latest posts