• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

UV flashlight and glow discs

Glow tape works good for baskets too. Put some glow tape on the center pole of the baskets and use a uv laser pointer from the tees to charge up them up.

how much does that duct tape affect flight? And how so (more OS/US)?

I had four strips on my Roadrunner, so take it with a grain of salt. I still could easily flip and or turn the disc even with the tape on, but it did not seem more or less stable. Granted I was throwing it on holes that were 240-330 at most, so I was not going full power to begin with.

I would have no problems using my Gazelle next time. I just used the Roadrunner this time because it was the disc I would less likely miss if the tape experiment failed.

Canadian Tire carries a Rayovac 9 LED UV flashlight for $9.99 for all the Canucks out there.
I found the glow duct tape at Walmart for $7.49. It's a pretty thin little roll though, about half as much on it as a standard roll of duct tape.

How are people applying the tape? The image of the disc in the basket in this thread has a lot of tape on it. Anyone cutting it into thinner strips to make a roll go little further?

Zendragon, you put the tape around the rim, kinda like MVP Eclipse style? Does that mess with your grip at all?

I put a lot of tape on mine because I knew it would not affect my Roadrunner too much, but I was not going to lose my disc. Yes, the tape is on the more expensive side, so next time when I am not rushing at the last second to give it a try, I probably cut the strips the long way but I am definitely taping it up all over the top to maintain balance.

I just got back from Walmart. It's $5.97 for 10ft which is expensive compared to $3 for 30ft of all other Duck Brand Designer tapes. However they had a sign that said 3 for $9 all designer tape so I asked if they would discount the Glow and they did it for me. I may go back and stock up on the everything they have if they will continue to match $3 a roll.

I also bought the only UV Led light they had. It was only $9 and works great with my glow plastic and glow tape but I think the Amazon light above may be better for the money due to being 21 LEDs for only $7.50 with free shipping.

How are people applying the tape? The image of the disc in the basket in this thread has a lot of tape on it. Anyone cutting it into thinner strips to make a roll go little further?

I took the minimalist approach, just cut one piece about twice as long as the width of the tape and stuck it on top the disc. The duct tape is so bright I figure I could easily spot it with just one strip. I also cut a square piece for the bottom side just in case it hits a tree and lands upside down.

I wanted less in hopes of having less affect on the flight characteristics and avoided getting it anywhere near the rim so I won't touch it when gripping and throwing.

Also, eBay has some pretty solid deals on UV LED flashlights if stores nearby aren't stocking them. I grabbed 2 small ones for $11.00 shipped total, easily fit one in my pocket and keep another stocked in my bag. So if batteries die out I can just swap out flashlights, but usually somebody forgets a light and I use it as loaner. :D

Does the tape leave the usual duct tape goop on the disc?

Going to have let somebody else answer this one, just taped up my first disc the other night. I kind of assumed so, so I put it on one of my back-up discs of the same make. Curious myself before I muck up my favorite G-star Leopard.

Glow tape works good for baskets too. Put some glow tape on the center pole of the baskets and use a uv laser pointer from the tees to charge up them up.

Great idea. I didn't know they had uv laser pointers. A once a month application of tape instead of walking to every basket before every round is genius.

Canadian Tire carries a Rayovac 9 LED UV flashlight for $9.99 for all the Canucks out there.
I found the glow duct tape at Walmart for $7.49. It's a pretty thin little roll though, about half as much on it as a standard roll of duct tape.

Zendragon, you put the tape around the rim, kinda like MVP Eclipse style? Does that mess with your grip at all?

Doesn't mess with the grip at all. I cut the strips pretty thin, they don't wrap quite all the way down to the bottom of the rim and I put my thumb just past the tape on top usually.

Latest posts