• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vamp vs Trak

Alan_C

Interested in hearing opinions in the differences between the Vamp and the Trak. Is the
Vamp a better Trak? or is it a completely different??

my first post :)

For me, there is a huge difference. The Vamp is far more understable than the Trak and is also much more comfortable in the hand. If you are looking for a 2nd generation equivalent to the Trak, the Arch flies the most similarly for me, followed by the Valley, which is my favorite of the newer fairway drivers. I like the Vamp, but even with my noodle arm it is pretty understable, and basically useless in the wind.

My whole bag is Vibram. Own and thrown all their molds. I always really loved the trak...one of my favorites of their original lineup. Great glide...a little turn...with a slight fade as it slows down. To me the arch is more stable than the trak by a noticeable margin. Out of the new fairways I think the valley is closest IMO. It seems like a slightly faster trak to me. Vamp is more understable.

I think the Valley fades less than the Trak. The Trak will always want to fight back after turning to the right. Having said that, I trust the Valley a lot more than the Trak in cross-winds. I like the Trak for anhyzer s-curve shots and for long hyzer-lines.

The biggest difference between the two is the improved wing design of the Valley. As advertised, the Valley has a thinner flight-plate with more mass distributed to the wing of the disc. Hold the Trak and Valley in the hands to compare.

To me, the Valley is more comfortable in the hands than the Trak.

I've tried the Valley and the Arch, and ironically I like Trak better than either of them: it's always been a sneaky long disc for me, and easy to control.

I quit carrying a Trak because it worked only as a frisky mid for me, not offering much more than an Ibex. The Arch, Valley, and Vamp all fly like fairways for me. I wouldn't recommend a Trak because the Ibex and Arch cover all the shots I would have used a Trak for.

Because I don't currently own the Valley, I am opting for a frisky mid-range Trak, because what I found is that a lot of Valley-shots I just throw an Arch or Notch, even throwing forehand shots.

I have a mostly Vibram bag. All my mid's and fairway drivers a Vibram. Here is my list of discs I currently bag.

Midrange: 2 Ibex

Fairway drivers:

2- Vamps
2- Valley
1- Ascent
1-Arch
1-Onyx

My Vamps fly straight with a slight turn at the end
Valleys fly straight with a slight turn at the end
My Ascent flies straight as an arrow
My Arch flies straight with a medium turn at the end
My Onyx is my money disc. I get very good distance with medium turn at the end.
Vamps and Valley are great for tunnel shots that I need to turn slightly at the end
My Onyx I use when I need a FD to go when I'm in open area.
My Ascent I use when I'm within 250' from the basket
My Arch when I'm out 200-250 and need a slight turn.
I really love these new discs and have improved my game quite a bit.
I'm 64yrs old and don't have a tremendous amount of power but these discs are great tools.

I have a mostly Vibram bag. All my mid's and fairway drivers a Vibram. Here is my list of discs I currently bag.

Midrange: 2 Ibex

Fairway drivers:

2- Vamps
2- Valley
1- Ascent
1-Arch
1-Onyx

My Vamps fly straight with a slight turn at the end
Valleys fly straight with a slight turn at the end
My Ascent flies straight as an arrow
My Arch flies straight with a medium turn at the end
My Onyx is my money disc. I get very good distance with medium turn at the end.
Vamps and Valley are great for tunnel shots that I need to turn slightly at the end
My Onyx I use when I need a FD to go when I'm in open area.
My Ascent I use when I'm within 250' from the basket
My Arch when I'm out 200-250 and need a slight turn.
I really love these new discs and have improved my game quite a bit.
I'm 64yrs old and don't have a tremendous amount of power but these discs are great tools.

Turbine, I'm 63. Old guys rule!! :thmbup:

Since I already had experience with the Trak I decided to pick up another one.. a couple of
weeks of breaking it in will bring out its best. I am carrying a Arch and Valley and have to say
I've been very happy with them, definitely do have more glide that the Ascent or the Trak.

Also picked up a Obex.. Wow, what a great mid! :clap:

^ And the US and OS mids are supposed to be sent to testers soon (in Dodge's world soon could be weeks or months lol).

I've used a Ibex on and off for the past 3 years and really liked it.. but the Obex just seems
to be faster, further flying and more predictable.. me likey. :D

For me, there is a huge difference. The Vamp is far more understable than the Trak .
I concur, having thrown the Trak for a while it was a favorite until the Valley was introduced, I find the Vamp is much more understable and has proven to be a great tailwind disc both backhand and forehand. IMO both the Valley and Vamp are more consistent than the Trak.