• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] ViBrAm 5-Finger SHOES!!

Frank-Flyer

Birdie Member
I am super interested in knowing if anyone has these/runs in them/discs in them??

I have been thinking abouth getting a pair, but really gotta know if they're practicle first... THANKS :thmbup:

I'm a toe dragger, so theres no way I could play in these(I love them for general usage tho). That said, I know a guy who does.

I have a friend i play with that wears them. He says your feet can end up pretty sore at times. The little stumps on some of our courses here can be hell for him if he doesnt see them.

My son is a personal trainer in California and he loves these. He works out in them and runs on the beach. Has not played dg in them, however.

My wife plays in the New Balanace Minimus and swears they are like going barefoot. Toes are not separate in them as in the Vibram.

I have a friend i play with that wears them. He says your feet can end up pretty sore at times. The little stumps on some of our courses here can be hell for him if he doesnt see them.

:thmbup: this is quite true. I play in my kso ones occasionally. They are fun to play in but there a few downers about it. If the grass is a little wet, my traction on the tee isn't always great, but some of the different five fingers with more grip may be better. Also walking thru semi tall grass, you will get stuff caught between your toes, which you just have to pick out every now and then.

They do come in handy though when you have to get into the water to fetch a disc.

I have a friend that has played in them, he likes them on dry, better manicured courses. He also runs in them on soccer fields and such.

That being said, he played in river shoes (sandals with full toe cover) today.

ok those New Balance ones look totally legit tho!! also merrill makes a pretty sweet looking shoe... the tail glove (however i've heard that the midsole is really narrow :()

i have a pair of vibram kso. i dont disc in them bc i have had bad ankle problems in the past 2 years, but i love running/walking/hanging out/swimming/anything else in them. i love being barefoot and this gives me the added protection of vibram rubber. i wear them all the time, esp when i go diving in lakes and ponds at disc golf courses and i get the grip of my bare feet w/o having to feel the gross crap on the bottom of the water. i absolutely love these and recommend them to everyone. warning though: they take a couple weeks/months to get used to. if you run in them, take it easy, it is a totally different style of running (fore foot landing vs heel-toe running). but other than that they are AMAZING

i wear my five fingers everytime i play. the grip on em is awesome, i have no problem climbing trees to get discs out or just walkin straight into water and still feeling under my feet and having some protection from rocks, sticks, snakes, etc. i do get sharp twigs and stuff poking between my toes from time to time and stub my toe on random roots. if i could play barefoot i would but the terrain on most the courses i play is too rough so five fingers are the next best thing ;)

also, quick add on. i work at a new balance warehouse and also my friend has a pair of NB minimus and got to try his on. unbelievable feeling. feels just like my vibrams but better ankle support and not as extreme a transition. but still must be careful when transitioning running styles.

I've just tooled around in them, but they are just a bit to funky for me. I opted for the Merrell Barefoots. Although they don't mold to your foot like the Fivefingers. I like the feel of them much better. Though there is no way I'd play disc golf in either. They would be toast in a day! As for running, that would be a no, but both were fine for some light hiking.

Latest posts