• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] ViBrAm 5-Finger SHOES!!

I use the bikila- their trail running model.
I like the bikila's traction (mid level with multi rubber construction) and the strap provides better mid support.

those goddam things piss me off. if i see anyone wearing those around me i spit.

I wear them only when Im disc golfing.. The only bad parts for me is getting stuff stuck between your toes (in high grass) and the smell.. but I usually just drop them in the sink or take a shower with them on.

I dont really understand the hate for these things.. I mean I know they look stupid but they feel great!

I picked up a pair of the Komodo Sports a few months back and love them. I wear them every time I play (outside of the winter) and have had zero complaints.

They might be comfortable but I just can't stand how those things look. My friends would hate on me so hard if they ever saw me wearing a pair.

Just got some Bikalas to go with my KSO's. Loving them so far but I haven't disced in them (Bikala) yet. I don't see why I couldn't disc in them just as well as the KSOs, though. But I prefer them just form kicking around and chilling rather than discing.

Why you should wear these: Millions of years of hominid evolution involved walking barefoot, all of our ancestors that were bipedal were slowly having their feet perfectly adapted for this form of locomotion through evolution. Our feet and bodies were made to go barefoot, not wear large soled shoes. Ignoring how you're supposed to be walking by wearing shoes leads to a myriad of joint and health problems, especially weak feet. I can personally attest to the fact that my back pain is completely gone after I started wearing these.

So basically, wearing shoes all the time is analogous to wearing oven mitts on your hands all the time.

Embrace the barefoot lifestyle, DO IT! (Be careful if you do, your weak-ass feet can't take too much at one time, you have to ease into it.)

see i've heard those ones are too thin

Do you mean on the sole or vamp (top) ?
The top is like smooth mesh. The sole isn't quite as thick but I find it more flexible and better designed with the multi rubber construction- especially through the arch.

Most zero balance running shoes should be a lil snug through the mid because that's how they're approaching arch support.

If durability is a concern- I haven't had any issues in the few rounds I've played in em. But tbh, durability is skewed anyway- the more you use your legs to throw, the faster you'll wear your shoes. No pair of shoes can truly hold up to the rotation we put on them. I doubt I will need another pair within a year, but I plan to use my rei yearly dividend and coupon towards a pair of zero balance shoes every year. I. Always promote the rotation of shoes.