• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vibram Birdie Bash (VBB) - 2014 Edition

Hey! loking forward to throwing a VBB in Port Orchard in March. Mould love to see you guys there! Send me a message for details!

It's At Van Zee Memorial park in Port Orchard, later part of March.

Washington :thmbup:

I did a reverse CTP race. Players tallied the CTP on each hole for both rounds. Players then got to pick from my prize stash, lowest total first. The player with the highest total at my event won a dog chewed 150g Roc :D

I like it. Definitely a unique, interesting idea. I have never been a TD before so don't have a huge stash of plastic to give out. I was thinking maybe ring of fire, or something along those lines. I would like to do something unique, that people that have maybe have played a lot of tournaments have never done. I played in a tournament earlier this year that gave a beat up mystery dx disc in everyones players pack. Then there was a CTP contest before the start of the first round where everyone through their disc at the same time and the winner won like $75.

Steve Dodge, can you give us a little more details about the Vibram Backpack? My locals are really interested in it, and it will be a HUGE selling point for the birdie bash.

I like it. Definitely a unique, interesting idea. I have never been a TD before so don't have a huge stash of plastic to give out. I was thinking maybe ring of fire, or something along those lines. I would like to do something unique, that people that have maybe have played a lot of tournaments have never done. I played in a tournament earlier this year that gave a beat up mystery dx disc in everyones players pack. Then there was a CTP contest before the start of the first round where everyone through their disc at the same time and the winner won like $75.

Luckily (for prize purposes) I only had 21 people.

Steve Dodge, can you give us a little more details about the Vibram Backpack? My locals are really interested in it, and it will be a HUGE selling point for the birdie bash.

The backpack is a very simple and small sling bag which can hold four to six discs. This is NOT a Vibram Disc Golf bag.

Remind me where I posted the words Vibram Backpack so I can set expectations properly.

I think on the webpage it says VBB Sling Bag. I thought it was a Vibram bag from that.

The backpack is a very simple and small sling bag which can hold four to six discs. This is NOT a Vibram Disc Golf bag.

Remind me where I posted the words Vibram Backpack so I can set expectations properly.
There's a reference to a backpack in the vbbtdinstructions.pdf

"f. Turning in the card
i. In each round, the card winner is responsible for turning the card in to ________.
ii. In the 2nd round, the card winner will win a prize - hold up the Vibram backpack."

The sling bag is still cool, but I'd throw money at you for a backpack!

Love the new td interactive page. I got asked by players to push it back one week was so easy to get in and change. Already a big improvement with options.

As long as I publicly say it is a sling backpack, that is all good.

And yes, the new TD admin section is awesome!

Holy cow! 79 events so far! We had 90 TOTAL last year! Yes, I'm excited and ending every sentence in an exclamation point! Does that make my sentences into exclamations?!?!?! Was that a questamation?!?!?!

Can we hit 100 before the New Year?

excited for another VBB this year.

2 things
1) Love that we can switch up what we want via the link now. What kind of a time frame before the event will we have to change it?

2) Is there anyway there can be an option for regular tshirt over a drifit? I personally hate the dri fit material.

excited for another VBB this year.

2 things
1) Love that we can switch up what we want via the link now. What kind of a time frame before the event will we have to change it?

2) Is there anyway there can be an option for regular tshirt over a drifit? I personally hate the dri fit material.

After January 1st, any changes to the event will need to be emailed to any players that have registered, so I would recommend not changing it after that point.

Sorry, they are all dryfits this year. Perhaps this will be an improvement for next year.

I can't believe how much better and easier a VBB is to run than any other event I've ever supervised in my life. Seriously. If you have any motivation or interest in running one, do it. It's WELL worth your time and energy. I wholeheartedly believe anyone can run one of these. It pretty much runs itself.

I also can't believe how much easier this year looks than last year. And more/better prizes = more/better FUN!

I'm definitely signing up for the VBB at Deerfield Park in Mt. Pleasant this year. And if you're reading this and are anywhere near the area, so should you. It's an amazing place. I just hope they do one round at Deerfield and one round at Wildwood. That would be sweet...

Latest posts