• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Chunk Museum

Has anyone thought about these discs being super inconistent? I mean if the are using different chunks of different plastics including different dyes for the different colors, don't you think the weighting will be very difficult to duplicate from disc to disc within a mold.

At least with normal discs they are simply pouring a consistent plastic into a mold and making the disc, but if I understand the process of making these chunk discs, it seems like there is a huge possibility for variations in weighting and flight. Sure the shape is the same, but I assume there will be pockets of inconsistent density etc etc etc

Here ya go, real world experience.
These two Vibram VP's fly exactly the same.
4559524862_b53b433041_m.jpg
5415430118_cf8fcd4768_m.jpg

I kind of stumbled into keeping these discs, I think hanging frisbees on a wall is ghetto. Right up there with old cable reel coffee tables.

I bought my first Chunk disc to throw. It looked good, and it felt really comfortable in my hand, so I got it.
I was very comfortable with the big bead JK Aviar-X I threw previous to the VP, and it's very similar in the hand.

It's a superb disc, not wobbly or unbalanced, its flies exactly as it is supposed to.
My first throw ever with it was the first hole at a local course, and I sank a 40 footer with it immediately. No warmups, no practice, just CHING. It continued to perform well for a few months.
It was only when I found out how rare they were that I decided to retire it.

Both discs pictured above are Vibram X Link rubber, and both are scale weighed at 172 grams, but they are made using two different process's with the same material.

My 2 color chunk.........

Throws like SH*T !! :doh:

Attachments

• 44.jpeg
    44.jpeg
    108.4 KB · Views: 79
sry guys had to have a reason to take a pick of my new kicks. Never spent this much on a shoe

sry guys had to have a reason to take a pick of my new kicks. Never spent this much on a shoe

you'll have those shoes for a loooooong time. My first pair I had for 3 years and was mean to them (mountain climbing, hiking, DG, general exercise, martial arts, biking) and used them for everything but a winter boot. Now they are just retired to my workout shoes and STILL kickin. Picked a second pair just because.

Ditto with my Merrells. They are 2+ years old and still kicking. I bought a second pair a few months ago to wear to work.

Ditto with my Merrells. They are 2+ years old and still kicking. I bought a second pair a few months ago to wear to work.

Merrells are a sweet brand. Quick question (hope it's not a threadjack), but is there a term for the production run discs that look like gas giant planets, with the wispy marbled streaks, almost like the disc dyers' "shaving cream" technique? I've got a few that I like the looks of better than most of the chunk discs, but I don't have a name for them.

Latest posts