• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see a mid similar to the stingray. I go through at least one per year and would love to have a comparable disc to the stingray in a great rubber

I will second this. I throw star Stingrays so they don't wear out so fast, but as soon as they get too understable, they just aren't right. That awesome glide will be tough to duplicate, but if you can do it... it will be bought.

Yeah, thats sort of what I hoped for when I first tried Vibram, but the regular X-link was a little harder than I hoped and the soft was wayyy too floppy, but al in all; I like the regular X link.

I have a Ridge that's softer than x-link but not floppy at all. I bought it used from PIAS... so I have no idea where the disc originated. It's downright tacky. It has an arrow on the underside. Definitely a "tweener". Having a Summit like this would be perfect.

So how are people liking the sole for driving? I should be getting mine today and cant wait to throw them

I should be getting one tomorrow, and an Ibex on Monday-ish, thanks for putting these out to a few retailers, Steve. Ibex won't make it here for Friday league but I plan on being the only one with a Sole. (There's a joke there somewhere)

Ibex Profile: Release Date: 10/20

1229175_orig.jpg

Ibex Webpage: http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/ibex.html

----------

Sole Profile: Release Date: 9/30

4404338_orig.jpg

Sole Webpage: http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/sole.html

I would like to know if Dawn or some sort of citrus based cleaner helps. Mitch Sonderfan rubs his in the dirt for a while. I'd like to know if that works because if so, it should have been caught before it left the factory.

I tried dawn and it lightened it barely but its still slick. Looks like it wasnt wiped all the way..atleast thats how the streaks are. Ill try rubbing it in dirt as well as an industrial degreaser i use on plastisol inks at wrk. Its not caustic but it removes oils from inks in silkscreening

Last edited:
I tried dawn and it lightened it barely but its still slick. Looks like it wasnt wiped all the way..atleast thats how the streaks are. Ill try rubbing it in dirt as well as an industrial degreaser i use on plastisol inks at wrk. Its not caustic but it removes oils from inks in silkscreening
My old firm Ridge also has similar streaks. A light touch with a sanding paper (or gravel if you think sanding it is illegal) makes it nice and matte.

The degreaser worked some,its not slick much but could be better.

So whats the general consensus on xlink firm...does it wear in faster than xlink and xlink soft?

So far im liking my xlink soles.i love how they dont shoot off 30feet left or right after hitting an object.surprisingly...my two soles were more stable than I anticipated. Thrown flat in a light headwind,they sailed straight as can be'in a tail...they hooked up a little faster. I used it for some flick approaches,flick annys and it worked amazing.never turned and burned at any point. Ive only got one round with it but I can see potential. I took my yetis out to give the sole a fair trial pn everything.

Putting is a diff story..thats what my omegas are for :)

2 rounds in and so far I love the sole for putting. Comes out of my hand clean and doesn't drop too fast. As far as driving goes I don't quite have it dialed in yet. I'm so used to the feel of a wizard that it's taking some time getting used to the sole. I will say it's nice and stable and can handle some power. I guess it just feels foreign in the hand because I've drove with the wizard for almost 2 years now. It's seriously killing it as a putter for me though, so I'm gonna give the driving some more work.

2 rounds in and so far I love the sole for putting. Comes out of my hand clean and doesn't drop too fast. As far as driving goes I don't quite have it dialed in yet. I'm so used to the feel of a wizard that it's taking some time getting used to the sole. I will say it's nice and stable and can handle some power. I guess it just feels foreign in the hand because I've drove with the wizard for almost 2 years now. It's seriously killing it as a putter for me though, so I'm gonna give the driving some more work.

So far my personal experience with the Sole has been the opposite. I really have it dialed in for driving and approach but I am still working on the putting. Yesterday I tackled Elm Creek. Most holes here are 400 feet, meaning that you have a long drive and either you are in for 2 because you parked it, or you missed it so badly that you need to approach but the approach is usually wide open so you can put it in under the basket for a three (or four if you botched the approach). There is very little putting at Elm Creek. I took out a Sword, Ibex, and Sole. My average is 55-57, so scoring a 54 felt really good because of the limited discs I carried with me, but I would not call my disc selection game changing either.

I was very impressed with how the Ibex handled itself. The Sole for putting, however, was hit or miss, but I could blame that more on me than the disc. I made two really nice putts that I could have just as easily missed if I had used a different putter. I also missed two easy putts, one because of me and the other because the Sole has a slower drop rate than my Wizards. Eitherway, it was a solid round at 2 under par and with only two or three shots I would like to have back.

i just got in another sole today and this one is a little stiffer than the other xlinks. i love the way this one feels as its not too stiff but just enough to dig my thumb in. its also super flat which i love. slightly noticeable lower shoulder height compared to the others that had a slightly high shoulder because of the tiny dome .gonna try this one today to see how it compares to the others. im not gonna bother trying to putt with these as my omegas are my bread and butter and nothing will change that. however ,these soles make awesome driving putters,ironically since these were made to be a more "traditional" putter design

also i will say this sir dodge. this sole i got in today did NOT have any slick streaks on it like the others did. this one is all uniform in grip and feels sweet.

So far my personal experience with the Sole has been the opposite. I really have it dialed in for driving and approach but I am still working on the putting. Yesterday I tackled Elm Creek. Most holes here are 400 feet, meaning that you have a long drive and either you are in for 2 because you parked it, or you missed it so badly that you need to approach but the approach is usually wide open so you can put it in under the basket for a three (or four if you botched the approach). There is very little putting at Elm Creek. I took out a Sword, Ibex, and Sole. My average is 55-57, so scoring a 54 felt really good because of the limited discs I carried with me, but I would not call my disc selection game changing either.

I was very impressed with how the Ibex handled itself. The Sole for putting, however, was hit or miss, but I could blame that more on me than the disc. I made two really nice putts that I could have just as easily missed if I had used a different putter. I also missed two easy putts, one because of me and the other because the Sole has a slower drop rate than my Wizards. Eitherway, it was a solid round at 2 under par and with only two or three shots I would like to have back.

Status
Not open for further replies.