• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotta give a quick shoutout to the VP. I may not throw it every round, but when the wind gets howling, it is my go to approach disc. I've been throwing the same one for 2 seasons and it is still super beefy. I leaned on it at Winthrop quite a bit. I didn't miss 1 upshot with the VP (this includes laying up on 17 all 4 rounds) during the "usdgc".

They do beat in but even then they are beefy. I have used the VP as my main putter and I love it. But the new ones just aren't as straight as my original now. Different grip too even in the same material as the chains have made the one much slicker. At least that is my theory. Great disc though.

I gotta give a quick shoutout to the VP. I may not throw it every round, but when the wind gets howling, it is my go to approach disc. I've been throwing the same one for 2 seasons and it is still super beefy. I leaned on it at Winthrop quite a bit. I didn't miss 1 upshot with the VP (this includes laying up on 17 all 4 rounds) during the "usdgc".

Nice playing out there Dana!

Alright! I finally putted with my Soles last night. (I didn't want to start throwing new discs right before a tournament.) So far I am a fan. More glide than the other Vibram putters. Good release. Very forgiving in the chains.

Field work for the Soles and Ibexi to commence at lunch today.

Yea i saw but i hav 7 already...i dont evenneed 7
you can never have too many:)
Alright! I finally putted with my Soles last night. (I didn't want to start throwing new discs right before a tournament.) So far I am a fan. More glide than the other Vibram putters. Good release. Very forgiving in the chains.

Field work for the Soles and Ibexi to commence at lunch today.

i love the ibex. the lighter ones seem to fly a little bit straighter than the heavies though

We play a Sunday morning Skins league and for the first time ever we had a real (New England real) pro card. I grabbed seven skins playing with just my Ibex and a borrowed Ridge.

On hole 3 (the first wooded hole), the Ibex holds a beautiful anny.
On hole 4, the Ibex holds it dead nuts straight.
On hole 6, it again holds an amazing anny.
On hole 7, it holds a power hyzer, flying straight for 90% and then fading left a bit.

The fellas were looking at me as if I had a secret stash of different discs, thinking one disc does all those shots? WTF? Happy days are here again!

Note: I think it was a 174g.

We play a Sunday morning Skins league and for the first time ever we had a real (New England real) pro card. I grabbed seven skins playing with just my Ibex and a borrowed Ridge.

On hole 3 (the first wooded hole), the Ibex holds a beautiful anny.
On hole 4, the Ibex holds it dead nuts straight.
On hole 6, it again holds an amazing anny.
On hole 7, it holds a power hyzer, flying straight for 90% and then fading left a bit.

The fellas were looking at me as if I had a secret stash of different discs, thinking one disc does all those shots? WTF? Happy days are here again!

Note: I think it was a 174g.

Maple hill I am assuming? What layout and who did you play with?

played against timmay, whitey and streeter. yes, whites. the only real problem i had with the ibex all round was hole 11 into a pretty stiff wind. it rode up quite a ways and flew much less far than a driver that would knife through the air, although it did stay straight, i just lost a lot of distance into the wind.

Huge fan of the Sole I got a few weeks back. Great color scheme too! It reminds me of a cross between a Dart and an Aviar with a touch more stability. I parked a 200 foot hole on a tight anny line with it the other day it really holds lines off the tee. It's definitely my new go-to putter!

10/20 is here!

The Ibex release day has finally come, but only a few of the pinnacle retailers are selling them. And none of those retailers let me see what I'm buying. I suppose I'll have to wait a little longer. :(

Is anyone else out there trying the Ibex as a putter?

I am trying to figure out what my new putter for next year is going to be. I threw the Ibex in there to compete and it has been good at the longer putts but I must admit that the Summit is kicking butt right now. Funny that the Summit also feels the funniest in my hand. It is all a big change from putting with VPs which are doing just as well as my Ibex in testing.

I was wondering with having 4 puters, 2 fairway drivers and now the ibex mid-range, is is fair to say "us vibram fans" will soon get a distance driver!

this is in no way saying that innova or discraft, etc etc doesn't have good distance drivers, but.....i just prefer the feel of vibram disc, they are grippy in the extreme hot or cold, and I was hoping for something valkerie or Pd Freak like (rim style).

I'd like to see some overstable discs made. Firebird-esque and detroyer-esque. I could be converted to all Vibram if that happens.

I'd like to see some overstable discs made. Firebird-esque and detroyer-esque. I could be converted to all Vibram if that happens.

The black-eyed Traks were very stable, not necessarily overstable like a Firebird, but they were close to Predators. After numerous rounds and a better feel of what they can do, they are more like far longer eagles. Very consistent HSS to keep from flipping, but not crazy so it should hold your line before a solid but not abusive fade.

On clean throws I can get them out to 370-380 in straight forward distance, although they do drop off considerably if you have to hyzer bomb them as they do not glide as well as other distance drivers. On hyzer bombs I get better distance with a Predator or Northman.

Last Saturday I played Plymouth Creek with just a black-eyed Trak, an Ibex, and a Sole. I scored a 34, 35, and 35. Par there is 38 and I normally average a 36 with an average range of 34 to 39. My lowest ever score is a 31 followed by a 33. So what I was doing with just that Trak as a driver was everything and better than what I would accomplish with my normal bag. Of course in my big bag I have seven drivers to pick from and some times I make bad decisions when I attempt ace runs.

The black-eyed Traks were very stable, not necessarily overstable like a Firebird, but they were close to Predators. After numerous rounds and a better feel of what they can do, they are more like far longer eagles. Very consistent HSS to keep from flipping, but not crazy so it should hold your line before a solid but not abusive fade.

On clean throws I can get them out to 370-380 in straight forward distance, although they do drop off considerably if you have to hyzer bomb them as they do not glide as well as other distance drivers. On hyzer bombs I get better distance with a Predator or Northman.

Last Saturday I played Plymouth Creek with just a black-eyed Trak, an Ibex, and a Sole. I scored a 34, 35, and 35. Par there is 38 and I normally average a 36 with an average range of 34 to 39. My lowest ever score is a 31 followed by a 33. So what I was doing with just that Trak as a driver was everything and better than what I would accomplish with my normal bag. Of course in my big bag I have seven drivers to pick from and some times I make bad decisions when I attempt ace runs.
isnt this the definition of disc golf?

Status
Not open for further replies.