• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucas, I think you just got a freakishly flippy Ascent. I haven't seen any that fly like that. This is the first time I've ever heard of it which is pretty good considering I've seen plenty of Innova discs that didn't fly like they were supposed to. Interested in selling it?

It all depends on your throwing style. I hear people talk about the wasp. When I use it, it never leaves my hand right and barley sails 100 foot for me. Yet I turn to ascent for forehand shots and it holds a pretty straight line. Every disc has potential as long as you figure it out. Except a groove. Well it does work well as a plate on the course.

Vibram DG Mix Tape

Hey everyone, I threw together a video today featuring me playing some local courses over the last week or two with my Vibram discs. I figured I'd share it with the Vibram thread. Keep in mind that I'm not a very good discer, or video editor/maker for that matter. Enjoy!

yeah, i've got a few molds in soft. there are a few courses around here with several holes on really slanted greens so i really like carrying a soft summit and vp for when my shots need to stick. picked up a few others to try out, figured for the price why not.

Did you even read my post. My ascent is super flippy. My trak is actually unthrowable. Back hand it hits the ground at about 150 and then skids to about 175. I'm not joking when I say unthrowable.

Whoa take it easy. I meant nothing by it. Regardless of the disc the concepts still apply! Like someone else already said, you might just have a bad disc. There are still a ton of throws you can do with a flippy disc. Personal experience.

Did you even read my post. My ascent is super flippy. My trak is actually unthrowable. Back hand it hits the ground at about 150 and then skids to about 175. I'm not joking when I say unthrowable.

Holy crap man, cool your jets. Nothing is unthrowable, people just are too stubborn to learn them enough to know how to throw them, and from the hostility in your posts, I'm sure that's your problem.

Whoa take it easy. I meant nothing by it. Regardless of the disc the concepts still apply! Like someone else already said, you might just have a bad disc. There are still a ton of throws you can do with a flippy disc. Personal experience.

That did come off bad. I apologize. But it really is unthrowable. I do feild work 3 days a week. I love to throw the vibrams just to try and get them to fly. That's how I found out my trak is wicked awesome at thumbers. They were the first two vibrams I ordered back in July. I've had a ton of patience with them. Idk if it was something in shipping or just a couple random bad discs. They in no way affect how I feel about vibram. Love the lace and sole.

Lucas, I think you just got a freakishly flippy Ascent. I haven't seen any that fly like that. This is the first time I've ever heard of it which is pretty good considering I've seen plenty of Innova discs that didn't fly like they were supposed to. Interested in selling it?

I'm going to try and use the ascent to bridge the gap I currently have in Leo's while I break in a new dx. Shoot me a pm and ill send it to you if it doesn't work out for me.

To join in on the Vibram Fairway Drivers being flippy, I actually think my Ascent flips more than my Trak at high speeds. Of course it also fades harder at the end as well.

I normally play at altitude here in Colorado and for the most part they fly as advertised. I played Worlds in Charlotte last year and noticed that my Trak flew on more of an anny line than straight.

There will be differences. I still love most of the Vibram discs. The only one I haven't found a use for is the Sole. But I rather enjoy the unique feel of the other putters so going to something more traditional did not pan out well for me when I tested it.

There will be differences. I still love most of the Vibram discs. The only one I haven't found a use for is the Sole. But I rather enjoy the unique feel of the other putters so going to something more traditional did not pan out well for me when I tested it.

Yeah I've never much cared for the Sole, not that it's not a good disc. I like how the other three feel in my hand and like that they aren't super glidey (although a seasoned Summit has a very nice glide). So I'm glad there's a more traditional style Vibram putter for those who want it, but what attracts me to the other Vibram putters is the fact that they aren't traditional.

Yeah I've never much cared for the Sole, not that it's not a good disc. I like how the other three feel in my hand and like that they aren't super glidey (although a seasoned Summit has a very nice glide). So I'm glad there's a more traditional style Vibram putter for those who want it, but what attracts me to the other Vibram putters is the fact that they aren't traditional.

Agreed. Although I do find that my older Summit was less glidy than my newer one while practicing tonight. Odd, probably just a mental thing. But if my putting keeps improving like it has this offseason I smell good things coming. This in spite of one of the local pros around here saying that someone putting with Vibram will never do well. Although his arguement is not too far off since Vibram does not currently have a world champion on their team.

Although his arguement is not too far off since Vibram does not currently have a world champion on their team.

Vibram is more worried about quality of character than quality of play in the people they sponsor. Not that Dana or any of the sponsored Vibram players are bad by any stretch of the imagination! They just also happen to be awesome people!

Vibram is more worried about quality of character than quality of play in the people they sponsor. Not that Dana or any of the sponsored Vibram players are bad by any stretch of the imagination! They just also happen to be awesome people!

I can second this! I was lucky enough to be able to play in the illinois state doubles tournament that dana put on last fall and the dude is legit. Very awesome to spend time with and puts on a killer tourney.

Appreciate the kind words!

As for the comment about using Vibram and not doing well, Bradley Williams putted with the Sole last year and won more tournaments in one year than anyone in the history of the sport...

And I'll be doing my best to change the fact that we so don't have a world champ on the team.

Appreciate the kind words!

As for the comment about using Vibram and not doing well, Bradley Williams putted with the Sole last year and won more tournaments in one year than anyone in the history of the sport...

And I'll be doing my best to change the fact that we so don't have a world champ on the team.
dana good luck and do it!! world champ from ottawa illinois!! yes please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts