• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
just got back from FL to see this is my mailbox:D

IMG-20110316-00198.jpg

Yeah, I'd love the opportunity to be a tester too. Heck, I'd probably pay Steve for the privilege of being able to be one of the first to test out their new discs. I've just started throwing Vibrams over the last couple of months, and love my Summits, Ridges, and VP (plus my Vibram mini). I've not thrown an Ascent yet, and am not sure if it would find a place in my bag, but I'm super excited about the Trek and Ibex.

Just got to throw a round with the proto Trek. My thoughts so far:

Suuuuuper straight for 95% of the flight with a nice, relatively small fade at the end.
The grip is really good. I wasn't sure how X-Link material would feel coming out of the hand on a full rip, but I gotta say I'm a believer.
Hit a hardwood at full speed. No evidence on the disc. Plus it didn't shoot off in another direction, just kind of dropped and landed 5' from the tree.

It seems promising, so I'm keeping it in the bag to get more familiar with the thing.

Keep in mind I don't have the biggest gun in the world. I'm still cleaning up my form (close to no OAT left), and the 175 is a little heavier than I'm used to in drivers. I'm sure it will be a little understable for better players, but for me it serves its purpose. I'll most likely pick up lighter one when it goes into production.

Thanks again, Steve.

Steve, if it makes any difference on being able to be a tester, I haven't thrown any Vibram yet. I'd love to be able to, though!

got my first vibram disc in the mail last week.....going to give them a try .....got a ridge....well see how i like it....it has a flat top on it and looks really nice......seems like the symbol on the front would create some resistance for the wind going over the top....but hey what do i know....

moose you will like that disc, you can really rip a Ridge and it will go straight as an arrow with some fade at the end. I havent putted with it though but I know several people that do and love them

moose you will like that disc, you can really rip a Ridge and it will go straight as an arrow with some fade at the end. I havent putted with it though but I know several people that do and love them

:clap:......sweet i have been only innova for 5 years now......i just got to figure out there different plastics.....how do they compare to the innova.....? do they have a DX...pro...star....????

Look at what was waiting for me today!
picture.php

Proto Trek. I really like the feel of the rounded edge. I can't wait to get it out to the field.

Thanks again, Steve.

Got an email that Vibram donated a bunch of chunk Summits and Ascents to be in the player's pack at Bowling Green. First runs (as chunks) for the Ascents, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.