• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ascent and Trak similar?? Do you have the proto traks that say Ascent on them?? Those were every bit as stable (if not more) as an Ascent, but the new mold Trak that says Trek on it is wayyyyyy more understable than the Ascent. Not even close in stabillity. As for the lift, I have not experienced this nor have I seen any of the people that I have let throw it have that issue? Sure you are throwing correctly?

The first couple of times out I really backed off the power so I did not do something incredibly stupid. This is likely the case. I definitely saw more lateral movement out of the Trak and a smoother and longer glide, but I did not find it understable by any means. The plan is the next time to video tape my production run Ascents, proto Trak marked Ascent, and proto Traks marked Trek.

Hey thanks for the quick response! I misspoke when I said Firm.. In my head I was thinking that there were only firm and soft.. I am looking at Medium/Reg on both discs just to get a good feel of the plastic.. Anything I should have the guys at GGGT look for in terms of dome/flat?

Nope. All of the putters are pretty darn flat topped.

Ridge works pretty well for everything but the longest approaches. I haven't tried the VP yet, but I am looking forward to it. I can't wait for the Ibex, though. Between Ibex and Trak, I should be able to throw together a solid Vibram-only bag. Any chance of getting a Vibram bag to throw all those beauties in?

No plans to make a Vibram bag.

I would not go so far as to say annoyed, but I wish that the name change did not have to happen. We have put systems in place to assure it will not happen again, and luckily there are only 100 or so of each of the protos out there.

Why are you annoyed by this? These are prototype discs that are not available to the public for sale. The name change was because of another Vibram product with the name Trek already and they did not want any confusion. Therefore the name has been changed to Trak. When the disc is finally available to the public it will be called the Trak and will be made the same way every time.

Seem like Vibram could easily team up with somebody that already makes bags, and just stick a rubber vibram bottom sole on an already cool bag.

Phenix is already making bags with a rubber bottom. I just think it would be way cooler with a Vibram bottom. Not to mention one of the Vibram team players is already a Phenix sponsored player as well. Hmm.

Why are you annoyed by this? These are prototype discs that are not available to the public for sale. The name change was because of another Vibram product with the name Trek already and they did not want any confusion. Therefore the name has been changed to Trak. When the disc is finally available to the public it will be called the Trak and will be made the same way every time.
Well said. All the prototype discs and pre-production names aren't "real". They'll never be for sale or mass produced so other than collecting them (or centering your game around a product you can't replace) then it's such a non-issue.

Had a disc gone into mass production and for sale before changing the name or shape then yes, that would suck.

Pic for reference
ridge.jpg

Yeah, not sure what the issue is, but the dome on the "V" side is higher than on the "m" side.
Would throw it to see how it flies, but the return policy from the place I bought it is that it cannot be thrown, and I'm guessing I'm going to be returning it.
The top on my First Run Ridge is like a pancake, as are my VPs.
Sucks payin' return shipping...
Woulda bought local, but my local guy has no 150 class in Vibram whatsoever.
At least I got another sweet VP with the "Kansas City ghost stamp" along with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts