• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been trying to beat in a med ibex for 5 months with no luck =) I just added a firm about a month ago In hopes it beats in alittle faster.

This is spot on. And from my experience, the Firm drivers do beat in quicker than the Mediums, so this would probably hold true for the mids, although I've never had an Ibex beat in yet.

Loving my Ibex I received at the Birdie Bash. That disc has become a bit of a game changer for me. I can get it to hold most lines and can really attack a few holes in my local area I wasn't able to before.

Ditto.

It will be a glorious day when this hapens but at the current rate of new discs from Vibram it is a long ways away for me. At the same time I really appreciate the time Vibram takes to test their discs and make sure they have exactly what they want before they release it. Any chance with all the testers they seemt o add with the Bridie events that they process will speed up for new discs from Vibram?

The number of testers does not have an impact on the speed of new discs. Basically we have a plan of attack for the Vibram flight guide and we will fill in two or three holes each year. It lets us concentrate on the discs and get them right before we concentrate on the next one. (Although we have been working on the long range driver for several years and are getting to the point where I am now comfortable telling people we are working on it.)

Discgolfcenter just restocked some killer Vibram mold color combos... Just sayin'.

Our new colors are hitting shelves and looking awesome. I am quite proud of the work that Aaron and Andy did developing these bright colors. If you like the earth tone Vibrams, you better buy them now! :-D

Woohoo. I've been waiting to buy a medium Ibex to compliment my firm and would love something brighter.

Our new colors are hitting shelves and looking awesome. I am quite proud of the work that Aaron and Andy did developing these bright colors. If you like the earth tone Vibrams, you better buy them now! :-D

Heh, little late on that one. I already cleared them out of the good colors :D

I have more Ibex's now than I know what to do with.

The number of testers does not have an impact on the speed of new discs. Basically we have a plan of attack for the Vibram flight guide and we will fill in two or three holes each year. It lets us concentrate on the discs and get them right before we concentrate on the next one. (Although we have been working on the long range driver for several years and are getting to the point where I am now comfortable telling people we are working on it.)

Oh Mr. Dodge, I am quite happy with Vibram. I think the process you go through for new discs is awesome. I am just anxious to see if an all Vibram bag could be possible and how soon it might be possible. At the current rate the First Open World Champion using an all Vibram bag should happen in about 2020. Now that the prediction is out there, we'll just have to wait and see.

Oh, and is there any chance you can get some Obex's to the Birdie Bash in Colorado in a couple of weeks? Preferably in Medium around 170g.

I will have a proto Obex for the winner of the Birdie Bashes in Colorado. We will be conducting two events.

Thursday at 6 PM at Jax Mercantile: 950 E. Eisenhower Blvd • Loveland, CO 80537
Friday at 10 AM at the 303 by Phenix: at the temp Camenish Park course (Badlands)

I'll take the under on the 2020 prediction, but I also think the Celtics are going to crush the Heat tonight.

As I've said before I never thought about the bead on the Ridge until I saw the video. Now when I throw it along with the Ibex I really notice the difference. I'm waiting to see if the Obex kicks my Vector out of my bag.

Mr. Dodge,

I want an Obex. I want it now. Rush these things to your distributors so I can purchase one.

Disc Golf Station or Disc Nation would be nice... since they're the closest to my home.

Thanks!

Mr. Dodge,

I want an Obex. I want it now. Rush these things to your distributors so I can purchase one.

Disc Golf Station or Disc Nation would be nice... since they're the closest to my home.

Thanks!

Whoa! Sounded a lot bossy there... Sorry about that.

To Steve, or anyone who can answer this questions,

I seemed to have misplaced the information and or link I need to submit my review for the Obex. I do not want to miss the boat for throwing in my two cents worth of thoughts on this disc. Can I get this link PMed or emailed to me?

Scott

[email protected]

I will have a proto Obex for the winner of the Birdie Bashes in Colorado. We will be conducting two events.

Thursday at 6 PM at Jax Mercantile: 950 E. Eisenhower Blvd • Loveland, CO 80537
Friday at 10 AM at the 303 by Phenix: at the temp Camenish Park course (Badlands)

I'll take the under on the 2020 prediction, but I also think the Celtics are going to crush the Heat tonight.

Ooo, up in Loveland as well? You mean I can play in 2 birdie baskes within a couple of days? What course are you planning on holding the event at near Loveland?

Based on your prediction of the Celtics crushing the Heat, I am sticking with 2020. I figure by that point in time I might be good enough to do it. Ha!

Just curious why there was no Vibram love at the Beaver State Fling. I was really hoping to see Vibram discs for sale at the event since Vibram is a major sponsor of the tour. Was hoping to maybe see an Obex demo and just some Vibram goodness in general :confused:

My name is Scott, too.
I'll test Vibrams and would never lose your contact info.
j/k
I'm totally getting an Obex, though.

My middle name is Scott. I also wouldn't lose your contact info... and... would purchase the proto discs.

I'm getting one (or more)... I wish I already had one.

(this is all in fun... but, I'm serious)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts