• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I flick all of their putters and the ibex quite frequently and they all fly the same as my backhand(opposite flight of course) but with much less effort. Yesterday I was in my backyard with the practice basket flicking ridges from about 30 out. It likes a good amount of power but man does it fly straight at it and slam the chains. The summit makes some really sweet sweeping left turns, very useful in the woods for me.

Anyone else out there using their Ridge for sidearm/forehand shots?

Not the Ridge, but I do forehand a VP as well as a Summit depending on the situation.

There is a chance that at some point in the past I did forehand a Ridge I just can't remember it amidst all the throws of a Vibram disc I have had.

I will flick with my VP sometimes when I need a shorter hyzer shot. I don't flick with the Summit or Ridge at all though. My favorite disc to flick are my Soles actually. I use a quick ultimate flick with my Soles for approaches sometimes and get good chains many times.

Anyone else out there using their Ridge for sidearm/forehand shots?

I am. The HSS of the ridge is perfect for FH drives. And just like a BH, the Ridge rides super straight, with some bite at the end. And I love throwing the VP for flick approaches and FH hyzers. Plus, they both feel better in my hand than a traditionally shaped putter.

hi im new to this thread as i just picked up a lace but has anyone ever thought that vibram could make a glow rubber? any thoughts on if this could work?or if they would do it?

hi im new to this thread as i just picked up a lace but has anyone ever thought that vibram could make a glow rubber? any thoughts on if this could work?or if they would do it?

They tried at some point in the past and it did not work very well. I think glow has all but been abandonded. There are many other things to be looking forward to from Vibram though. I am personally looking forward to Fusion in full production as well as a Vibram Footprint Bag.

Glow discs are a gimmick (for visibility) in my mind, playing at the dark or low light the brightly colored neon discs are the way to go but i somehow feel like we wont see those at vibram either :/

X link is just not translucent enough to work with a glow additive.
At least not within the limits of acceptable radioactivity.
Maybe you could talk some Ruskies into making something up with thier illegal stashes of tritium, but , are you willing to give up ever having children for a glow Ridge ?

X link is just not translucent enough to work with a glow additive.
At least not within the limits of acceptable radioactivity.
Maybe you could talk some Ruskies into making something up with thier illegal stashes of tritium, but , are you willing to give up ever having children for a glow Ridge ?

Ha. Thanks for making me laugh.

Dana, you are starting to sound more and more like Mr. Dodge with your comments to our requests. Is that like a manditory training when you are on Team Vibram? I love the comments and how they keep us guessing and off the path that is most likely right, well at least until Mr. Dodge posts a contest on Facebook. I rather enjoy keeping us all guessing in the dark.

Ok played today in 25+ mph winds. The vp earned a spot if only for windy days. Love the ridge but the vp saved the day. Best round I've ever played

Vibram Ace!!!!!

Today while playing a game of Wolf at Jackson Park in Rapid City, SD I let loose an Ibex into a 5-10mph headwind and watched it float right into the basket for my second career ace and first Vibram Ace!!!!

542579_477353105647792_1851493409_n.jpg

488096_477353298981106_1145533276_n.jpg

580631_477353455647757_2017714201_n.jpg

Ok played today in 25+ mph winds. The vp earned a spot if only for windy days. Love the ridge but the vp saved the day. Best round I've ever played

Playing in Texas, where we frequently have windy days has made the VP the Vibram putter of choice for me. I carry a Summit for downwind and powered down shots too. I seldom use the Ridge anymore, but it is a "happy medium" if you only want to carry one putter.

I have 2 ridges a puddle top and a flat one that's more stable. The puddle top doesn't have the same glide but is more shallow I am putting well with it.

I'm pretty sure my love for the VP is well known, so I'm glad to see someone else enjoying it. I started using it the same way, for headwind situations. But then I fell in love with it's predictability and now I putt with VPs, drive with VPs (BH and FH), and approach with them... Easily the best approach disc on the market; slow, overstable, sticks to the ground, and the definition of predictable no matter what the wind is doing (VP/Chuck Norris: The VP doesn't beat the wind, the wind surrenders).

Today while playing a game of Wolf at Jackson Park in Rapid City, SD I let loose an Ibex into a 5-10mph headwind and watched it float right into the basket for my second career ace and first Vibram Ace!!!!
Congratulations! An ace is always sweet, but it's even cooler (well at least in my mind), when it happens with rubber! I hit my second Vibram ace with an Ibex, a 164g soft to be exact.

Playing in Texas, where we frequently have windy days has made the VP the Vibram putter of choice for me. I carry a Summit for downwind and powered down shots too. I seldom use the Ridge anymore, but it is a "happy medium" if you only want to carry one putter.
I really believe in pairing discs in couplets and, by far, my favorite couplet is VP/Summit. As you said, they cover all wind situations. Plus, I can make them both go straight different ways (flex a VP, flip a summit), and they cover all sorts of good utility/recovery shots between them (VP: Hyzer spikes, flicks, upside down skip shots, flick rollers, thumbers/ Summit: Sky annys, BH rollers, no reachback approaches).

That being said, I still bag one Ridge for putter drives that I need to really crank on and go straight, it's HSS is just as good as the VPs and if you beat a firm up it just loses LSS, making it a laser beam.

The vibrams I'm talking about throwing came from your sale thread Bro-d. Lie the summit just not the grip on that one. Wish I could trade for an obex or light firm ridge.

Just picked up a 166g x-link Lace. Played a round with it yesterday and did some field practice with it today.

Holy cow! This thing rips. My first vibram disc, but I'm in love. The grip, the durability (hulk smashed into several trees yesterday, not even a nick) and the flight...it goes and goes. Going to keep throwing it alongside my cannon and destroyers, I foresee it replacing the destroyers in my bag

I love my Lace. I'm a little guy and the grip is great for my smaller hands. Definitely the easiest Long Distance driver I've thrown. I just played a pretty 4 and 5 par course this weekend and got to let the Lace rip several times. Love it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.