• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Ibex vs Vibram Launch Video

Chaser0909

Par Member
I made a comparison video using only the Ibex and Launch in a head to head battle on my local course.

Ibex has been a staple in my bag for years, and the Launch is Vibram's latest midrange released on Black Friday.

In addition to the shot for shot comparison, I went back and recorded some commentary over it to give thoughts about what was going on, disc flights, etc. Would love some feedback on what I can do better for next time. Thanks!

https://youtu.be/Tfta9aMd7AE

https://youtu.be/Tfta9aMd7AE

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I don't find the Launch listed on the sites I usually buy from, nor did I find it on the Vibram site. What are it's flight characteristic ratings?

thank you for this. my firm Launch exhibits the same characteristics as the one you tested.
Glad to see that other people are getting the same results, and it was not a fluke attempt at comparing the two. (Even if it may not be the flight people want/were expecting)

Well that's disappointing.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk
Ya, not the disc for me, but i know some people on the Vibram Facebook page that were not Ibex fans were happy for the alternative. Still anxiously awaiting a Comet in x-link rubber :)

I don't find the Launch listed on the sites I usually buy from, nor did I find it on the Vibram site. What are it's flight characteristic ratings?
I believe you can only get it from the vibram site, as it was not on the retailer order form last i checked. They officially released it on black friday. I have not seen official ratings yet, but the Ibex is commonly listed as 5/4/-1/1 (Infinite Discs) and I would put the Launch in the same category.

Ya, not the disc for me, but i know some people on the Vibram Facebook page that were not Ibex fans were happy for the alternative. Still anxiously awaiting a Comet in x-link rubber :)

Have you done any distance testing yet?

Have you done any distance testing yet?

I can get 290' pretty easily so far, but i have not tried pure distance yet. I imagine it will be pretty similar to the ibex where 320' is about as far as i can comfortably go.

How do they compare into a headwind?
Undecided so far. In the video linked in the OP, i was in the woods the whole time so wind was not a factor.

I then brought it with me on vacation and played 36 more holes at La Mirada with only the Launch again. My control was better with more use, abs there was some wind, though not a lot. I can only think of 1 hole where the disc really turned on me, and there was a headwind, (#14 on the back 18 i think). Long winded answer to say, i need to test it more in windy conditions...

Latest posts