• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram is back?

TheOtherBill

* Ace Member *
Heard some chatter and this pic was on Reddit today. I did like the Ridge for a while, but dumped it once they got out of disc golf so I wouldnt have to replace it.

Their rubber blends are fantastic, but I wonder who their 'DG Guy' will be, last time it was Steve Dodge.

OItkWh3.jpg

The chatter I hear is that they have a run out to testers right now.

Later on they probably plan on doing a market test on their own sales system. Depending on how that goes it could go full tilt.

I hope it happens, I could use more ridges. (and end my 3 year quest to find one putter to do all the jobs my Ridge did)

I'd sure welcome them back. Hanging on to my UnLace, Ibex, and Ascent.

yes. i'm down to my last 3 ibex backups

They got out at just the wrong time, here's hoping they didn't get back in at just the wrong time…

They got out at just the wrong time, here's hoping they didn't get back in at just the wrong time…

Yeah, unfortunately for all the Covid boom new players they probably know Vibram from jokes or memes.

The ridge and summit were legit, and I liked the ibex and ibex also. Trak and ascent were cool too, I didn't really throw any of the newer releases that came after the lace.

Sweet! They were gone before I started in disc golf, but I have a couple of friends who threw Vibram discs and still have some. I got to try one and wouldn't mind getting a few to see if they would work for me. Of course....depends on the cost.

Always wanted to try an Unlace - maybe I'll get to.

The unlace flew for me like an anti-tilt. I could throw skymohawks with them at 10,000'. I've thrown rollers with them that landed vertically 100' out from the tee with almost 90 degrees of hyzer at release. I never threw one below an elevation of 5,500' and never understood how that disc was useable. At the time I had one I maxed out at 350' of distance (even at that high elevation) and it was so flippy it was only good for a laugh.

I would love to bag the o-lace, ascent, obex, and ridge again though!

I have 4 Vibram discs, my Sole has a beautiful color pattern. They are the most durable disc I have ever owned, but I don't bag any of them. I would still check them out if they are in it for real.

I have 4 Vibram discs, my Sole has a beautiful color pattern. They are the most durable disc I have ever owned, but I don't bag any of them. I would still check them out if they are in it for real.

They are weird that way. The drivers are some of the least durable discs i have ever thrown and the putters are basically indestructible.

I returned a vibram I found on the course. In winter. Hard as a rock. I'd buy one but leave it home in winter.

the soft would bend over in your hand while holding it

soft ended up firming up like a gstarr does in the winter

i wouldnt throw soft in the summer

this is great news. I've been using a Med Sole and a Firm Summit (summer) as my main putters for years. i just added a 2nd new Med Sole to my bag as the daily use one finally started flipping up a little on 150' or longer approaches . the cool thing about their putters to me is i can use them for approaches and on rocky courses and they almost never changed.

Good, Good, Good... Good Vibrams!!!

I have two tour bags full of vibrams. Yes, even own a 420.

Even though I absolutely love Vibram discs, and thrilled that they may return. I learned a valuable lesson from them.

Never lean to much toward one brand. Meaning, I threw them 99.7 percent of the time. Then when they vanished from. The market, I was challenged to find discs of other brands that I could throw equally well, or in some cases, even better.

Yes, I will buy more Vibrams when they return. I will also buy other discs from other brands as well, and throw them all.