• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vibram Is Done

I always thought Vibram should have been a supplier to the disc manufacturers of the Vibram licensed rubber, and not a manufacturer themselves. Kind of like how they supply the sole of the shoe but don't make the shoe itself.

Like, imagine a Vibram Buzzz.

I always thought Vibram should have been a supplier to the disc manufacturers of the Vibram licensed rubber, and not a manufacturer themselves. Kind of like how they supply the sole of the shoe but don't make the shoe itself.

Like, imagine a Vibram Buzzz.

This could not have been done, as Vibram material must be compression molded, not injection molded.

Get a Vibram Launch. Its is a Buzzz with a little more turn.

This could not have been done, as Vibram material must be compression molded, not injection molded.

Get a Vibram Launch. Its is a Buzzz with a little more turn.

I think that he means selling the x-link material to others, possibly along with the compression molding. But I don't think it would ever work simply because of all the work that has to be done to the rubber before it's ready to mold. Not as simple as filling the hopper with pellets and knocking out a disc.