• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vibram Is Done

giphy.gif

Wow, that sucks. Not surprising for the brand, but they had a unique take on discs that will likely not be replicated. Sad to see it all come to an end.

Very underappreciated brand, IMO. I'm sorry to see them go. When they gave up the Vibram Open, I figured they were going to cut back to bare bones, but I didn't think they would shut down completely.

Well, I guess I'll have to buy a complete backup set for my tournament rain bag.

An unfortunate turn of events, but almost inevitable once Steve Dodge left the company. Disc golf is still at a point where all our businesses need to be run by disc golfers to maintain the enthusiasm and momentum needed to survive. If there's no passion for the game, then as soon as the bottom line is threatened, the plug gets pulled.

They had come okay discs. The Lace was my second longest BH disc.

Bummer, but I guess without Steve Dodge they lost direction?

way too early for april fools.

maybe gggt will pick 'em up like they did lightning, but the rubber process is probably more complex.

Just throw your regular discs in the rain man. It works. Just fine.

Of course, if your regular bag is all Champ or contains ANY MVP/Axiom, forget the above.

It's not my first rodeo. Nothing works like Vibram discs in the rain. I don't even bother to dry my hands or the discs when I throw them. I will dip them in water before the throw if they have dirt/mud on them though.

It's not my first rodeo. Nothing works like Vibram discs in the rain. I don't even bother to dry my hands or the discs when I throw them. I will dip them in water before the throw if they have dirt/mud on them though.

Just trying to get you prepared for some February in Portland golf.

i thought they went out of business years ago

i never see anyone throwing vibram

I was really excited about Vibram, but then they named a disc connecting disc golf to something that isn't even allowed for discussion on these forums. That ended my interest. It's been a few years since then, so I'm not sure of the impact of that disc. I'm simply a survey of one.

I was into Vibram for a while. At one point carried like 5 or 6 sometimes. But eventually they all came out. I still putt with Soles, and even though I have 3 or 4 that I would bag, this still kind of makes me wanna find a new putter...

On a happy note, this probably makes my Vibram collection worth more, right? A little?
20 yrs from now they'll b rare. I have a few unthrown 1st run glows that already kinda are rare.

I was really excited about Vibram, but then they named a disc connecting disc golf to something that isn't even allowed for discussion on these forums. That ended my interest. It's been a few years since then, so I'm not sure of the impact of that disc. I'm simply a survey of one.

Bruh, how do you even frolf if weed references offend you so hard? That disc had 0 part in this.

Last edited:
For anyone wondering what the posters are referring to, Vibram has a disc called the Four20, which has connotations associated with smoking marijuana. I had to look up the full list of Vibram discs to learn of this disc myself, since I have never seen it at any of the established retailers. It does seem a silly name to me, but I cannot say that I would turn away from the company completely for this.

For anyone wondering, Vibram has a disc called the Four20, which has connotations associated with smoking marijuana. I had to look up the full list of Vibram discs to learn of this disc myself, since I have never seen it at any of the established retailers. It does seem a silly name to me, but I cannot say that I would turn away from the company completely for this.

Its name was changed (pretty sure it is now the SoLace) because of the insane amounts of garbage that followed after they unveiled the name.

Coincidentally, it was named that way because it was the 420th project Vibram worked on. It had zero to do with the sticky icky.