• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Lace Official Announcement

I read a review that noted how well the Lace could skip. At first the reviewer thought it was a fluke given the non-skipping reputation of rubber discs. However, it continued to skip thereafter.

I just picked up two 175 gram X-Link Medium Laces from GottaGoGottaThrow here in Minny. It just snowed here yesterday and is freezing and windy but I still got out there to toss them. The Lace is FAST. Really fast. I would say not quite as stable as my max weight Star Destroyers but that is fine with me because the Lace has much more glide. I was throwing them between 400 and 450 ft. This was in the cold and without a teepad because they were iced over. Huge success for Vibram! Go get a couple people.

I'd love to hear about others who have picked them up and given them a try this first weekend. Go Lace them! And have a great Thanksgiving weekend.

20121123_192438.jpg

got these beauties from dn. i am liking the lace so far. its like a broken in nuke that feels better and flies better. not much skip in this baby,some,but not much.

Am I wasting my time with a Lace as a 275' +/- guy? Truthfully, I've recently disced down to throwing mids and putters only with an occasional fairway driver, but have to ask. The Lace seems to be somewhat forgiving for lower power guys like myself from what I've read. Someone talk me in or out of picking up one.

Am I wasting my time with a Lace as a 275' +/- guy? Truthfully, I've recently disced down to throwing mids and putters only with an occasional fairway driver, but have to ask. The Lace seems to be somewhat forgiving for lower power guys like myself from what I've read. Someone talk me in or out of picking up one.

If you don't use it for anything else, you can throw it against the wind. I've done the same thing you have, but the winter winds in Texas force me to disc up until June.

I was in your same situation a couple months back when I decided to switch to driving backhand (my elbow was sick of forehanding) and I started with the Trak and Ascent. Work on those for awhile then move ul to the Lace. Its a power throwers disc, but 300-350 with good form will make the Lace work for you as well.

That's what I figured. I have a Trak in my bag but usually just reach for my Elements instead. I'm still tempted to get a Lace for forehand shots though, because every once In a while I'll actually throw a nice forehand drive.

I throw the Trak and Ascent about 300'. I was recently playing a round at Maple Hill and I forgot my Ibex. I'm standing on hole 8, which is about 270' (over water). I decide to see how the Lace does powered down. I give it a nice smooth 60% throw - or so I thought. It flies by the basket still gliding and ends up 80' past. I could not believe how far it went with such seemingly little effort. If you can convince a buddy to buy one, I would certainly recommend giving it a try. I was shocked how easy it was to get it out there, especially when I consider that it won't roll over when I give it everything I've got.

I'll be looking forward to the understable version when (if?) it hits the shelves. The only time I bring out super fast drivers anymore is on tailwainds/downhill shots, and that's my Bolt. This intermediate player can't handle the big boys just yet.

I throw the Trak and Ascent about 300'. I was recently playing a round at Maple Hill and I forgot my Ibex. I'm standing on hole 8, which is about 270' (over water). I decide to see how the Lace does powered down. I give it a nice smooth 60% throw - or so I thought. It flies by the basket still gliding and ends up 80' past. I could not believe how far it went with such seemingly little effort. If you can convince a buddy to buy one, I would certainly recommend giving it a try. I was shocked how easy it was to get it out there, especially when I consider that it won't roll over when I give it everything I've got.

I like this. I think I'll give it a shot if there will be some in the 160g range after the holidays.

Two rounds with my Vibram Lace and it is already my go to driver. Launched one today and it held the line I put it on so well. Been throwing it forehand as well and the disc seems to hold lines as well. This would be a first for me with Vibram discs as most of the others are a bit too flippy for forehands.

Latest posts