• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Trak

The only trouble I have ever had is with a red one. It was close to dusk and the red basically turned to black in the low light and was impossible to see hidden in the shadows. Beyond that the Vibram colors really standout despite not having a reflective sheen like Pro or Star plastic.

I really want to try one of these, but I hate how the vibram discs look. They are all really pale swirls of colors that would be impossible to find on the course.

Have you been to PIAS in Oshkosh lately, they have straight up camouflage Vibrams. Dark green, Black and Brown all swirled nicely together.

Have you been to PIAS in Oshkosh lately, they have straight up camouflage Vibrams. Dark green, Black and Brown all swirled nicely together.

Hey, what's the selection like at the PIAS in Oshkosh? I have a brother who lives up there and I'm going this weekend, and wanna check it out. PM me about the variety and prices there so we don't have to carry it on in the thread.

OK so I went out and threw a whole round with a production Trak.. the one I got is very close to the proto-trek of the tee they seemed to land very close when I threw them the same way, a couple of times within about 5'. The production is everything that the Yellow ones weren't for me.. the yellow were pretty overstable, the production run will definitely be in my bag, pretty stable, not really one way or the other, has some ok glide with a slight fade at the end. I also played in the brief rainstorm last night, even when wet still stayed grippy. Over all I think it's a keeper.

Yeah I saw those. They all looked crazy hard to find to me. I picked up a couple ridges to try out and I think I am going to grab a trak next time I get paid.

My 165 star leopard continually outperformed this Trak i have. Both distance and line holding.

Edit: (in the practice field)

Took out the yellow First Run Traks for another round and they are holding steady with their overstableness. I may have to purchase a regular medium Trak or two and see if they are as stable/understable as my testers. If so, then between these yellow FR Traks, my medium Ascents, and the understable Traks, I have all my fairway shots covered.

I still wish they had a little more glide because one thing I am noticing is that when they are a little slick sometimes I have griplock issues when I try to compensate to snap the FR Traks hard. I know we are looking at a new mid and putter coming out soon, but if they can find some way to get some glide into their discs straight out of the box, we could use one neutral stability high speed and or distance driver.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I am curious if anyone has more recent feedback on the Trak. I was thinking about picking one up, just because I am addicted to new discs, but it sounds like the early runs were a little inconsistent. Any newer purchases out there?

Also, can't find much on the comparison scale...Leopard-like?

Thanks!

Leo/Valk/TL like. Easy to throw fairway driver

The 1st run yellow boot molded ones were freaky overstable.

Every other Trak I've thrown has had the same straight to slightly understable flight right out of the box. I like the medium ones cause they take longer to break in. Although I prefer the feel of the firm.

A-1 discs (link at the bottom of the page) had a pretty sweet Vibram deal going recently, if you are looking to buy online.

I agree that they are a little understable out of the box but definitely more than workable. It has a nice smooth turn without being flippy. It often fights for a spot in my smaller bag with an Opto River. The River has it beat with its glide, but the Trak's grip and easy turn makes it a very versitile disc and not something I second guess if I go play a round and pick it instead of my River.

I haven't thrown a first run, but my orange medium Traks are great. Just as described by smarkquart and Dana.

It's a very consistent disc that's easy to throw.

I bought one of these Vibram Traks two days ago. I think it flies a lot like a TL. What is odd is that it turns over when I flick/sidearm the disc. Yet I can't seem to get a lot of power on it back hand. I think I could have done well will getting a slightly lighter disc than I normally throw. The plastic feels very dense, and i am wondering if that is why it doesn't have much glide. HOWEVER, I will say this disc is very stable and goes straight where I throw it and that is very valuable to me.
I carry a 170g Champion Teebird, a 175g Teebird and a 171g TL, and although this disc is very similar to all of them, I think there is a very useful place in my bag for this disc.
One last note. The disc tends to make an air bounce at the end of its flight, right before it fades, which is kind of odd.

Has anyone got a chance to throw a 150 class of the Vibram Trak?
If so how does it compare to a 150 star Leopard or star TL?

My 150 class trak is surprisingly stable. Its been out of the bag for a while though. Replaced with an FD.

I love my 169 m Trak as well as my 172 F Trak. They are incredibly straight fliers that have incredible glide from my experience. They took over the stable/understable fairway driver spot in my bag almost instantly.

Latest posts