• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Trak

Okay, how long are you? Joe's Universal Flight Chart recommends 325-375' of power for 325'-375' output. The Leopard, by contrast, is 225-275' of power with 275-325' of output.

The Trak is not a leopard. It's a different beast. If you're looking for a Leopard replacement, I'd anticipate being disappointed, because it's a different disc.

Firms will beat-in more similar to plastic, because they have more plastic in them. Mediums beat-in more slowly over time. Haven't beaten in a soft yet, though I own 4-5 molds. I don't throw them enough to beat them in.

I am in the 375-400' wheelhouse, and I have a Firm Trak that is also beefier than advertised. By a large margin. I get more turn out of a fresh Eagle X than this Trak.

This Trak is very straight, with a manageable fade, but I'll be damned if it has any HST once so ever.

I am in the 375-400' wheelhouse, and I have a Firm Trak that is also beefier than advertised. By a large margin. I get more turn out of a fresh Eagle X than this Trak.

This Trak is very straight, with a manageable fade, but I'll be damned if it has any HST once so ever.

Don't quote me on this, but I've heard rumors of very beefy, overstable Traks that are out there. They tend to be dome-ier than another Trak. The original bumbleboot Trak (black and yellow) were very, very overstable, but they are no longer available, except by out-bidding someone else.

I don't believe you have a beefy Trak, however. It's my guess that yours isn't beat-in quite yet. Give it some time. It's my opinion that you'll see more turn from your Trak if you throw it into a headwind. I've thrown a flat-top Traks into headwinds and watched them turn and burn.

Every Trak I have thrown, which is quite a few, has been a lot more like a TL (a tad less HSS though) than a Leopard.

i have a 171m trak that may be the straightest flying drive i have ever owned. My traks get alot of play.

i have a 171m trak that may be the straightest flying drive i have ever owned. My traks get alot of play.

Until recently, I've been throwing my Trak farther than my Lace. The distance on the Trak is incredible, given its speed. I've been getting more consistent with my Lace, and I have been honing my hyzer-throws with the Trak for accurate shots. My next goal should be anhyzer-throws. This disc does it all! :eek:

Just ordered one yesterday (along with one of every vibram disc). Can't wait for Thursday's mail truck!

I have also been accumulating vibram for the first time. Every mold. Most of them used, a few new. Around 15 discs coming in the next few days. We will see how i like them :)

I have also been accumulating vibram for the first time. Every mold. Most of them used, a few new. Around 15 discs coming in the next few days. We will see how i like them :)

Glad to see you posted in the other thread! Nice post! I feel like I could tell everything you should know right off the bat about the discs, but it might be better to just wait until you throw them for a while, and then we can compare notes. Sound good?!? :)

I took a bunch of borrowed Vibrams into the field yesterday to try and figure out what to get for this year's birdie bash. Last year I went Ascent Summit, and as I don't throw forehands, I had a difficult time with the Ascent and its consistent fade.

I was thinking Unlace or Obex, but the disc that shone for me was the Trak. I was throwing it almost as far as the good Unlace throws, but it was much easier to handle, and so there were many more good shots with it. I handled light wind well, and had a nice straight flight. Looking forward to throwing this again at the BB.

Glad to see you posted in the other thread! Nice post! I feel like I could tell everything you should know right off the bat about the discs, but it might be better to just wait until you throw them for a while, and then we can compare notes. Sound good?!? :)

heck yeah!

I took a bunch of borrowed Vibrams into the field yesterday to try and figure out what to get for this year's birdie bash. Last year I went Ascent Summit, and as I don't throw forehands, I had a difficult time with the Ascent and its consistent fade.

I was thinking Unlace or Obex, but the disc that shone for me was the Trak. I was throwing it almost as far as the good Unlace throws, but it was much easier to handle, and so there were many more good shots with it. I handled light wind well, and had a nice straight flight. Looking forward to throwing this again at the BB.

Infinite Discs has the Vibram Trak as one of their "Top-Rated Fairways." Maybe stop by the Infinite Discs website and gave the 'ol Vibram Trak a rating ;) http://infinitediscs.com/fairway-drivers/

Latest posts