• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram X link

stevep

Birdie Member
I'm thinking of trying a Trax. Has anyone used both types of plastic? If so what is the difference and how does the disc fly?

Thanks

I have both a med and firm. I have recently just replace my med ascent and trac with firms. I feel a little more control with the firm vs the mediums.

^^This^^ It's personal preference. I like the medium. I like a disc that can take punishment and return back to it's intended shape the best. X-link medium is my favorite material for discs.

Vibram Soft Summit is easily the softest disc I have encountered.
I personally like my med Ascent better than my firm, but hey it's all personal preference.
Never thrown a Trak before.

the firm beats in quite a bit faster than the meds

I will also confirm this.
If its just for putting it wont really matter, but if you do any driving or fairway shots with obstacles, expect the firm to become rapidly understable with each successive hit.

Regular X link seems to change very little, probably due to its ability to flex and absorb impact better than the firm.

Each formula has a different feel, and the harder formulas come out of your hand easier, so its really a personal preference. I would recommend handling them all before you make a choice, if thats possible.

Medium is buttery good perfection. I dislike firm, and soft is dumb. I would only use soft if I lived in Alaska in the winter.

Also, imo, the trak is the best understable driver I have thrown in a long time.

I hear the Trak is incredibly sensitive to nose angle upon release.... so... if that is true... wouldn't you want to get a Trak in firm? Does the medium give consistent enough release?

I hear the Trak is incredibly sensitive to nose angle upon release.... so... if that is true... wouldn't you want to get a Trak in firm? Does the medium give consistent enough release?

I don't think the Trak is any more sensitive to nose angle and any other fairway driver. My medium Trak is great.

I don't think the Trak is any more sensitive to nose angle and any other fairway driver. My medium Trak is great.

Glad to hear it... I ****ing love Vibram medium. When the time comes, aka when I have money, I will be grabbing one in medium.

I'm thinking of trying a Trax. Has anyone used both types of plastic? If so what is the difference and how does the disc fly?

Thanks

rubber

softer xlink sagged on vps kinda bad after one year. i wonder how the driver rubber will hold up or will the dome sag.

Latest posts