• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Video walk through

matt79d

Par Member
Hi Everyone,

Ive scoured the posted threads and do not see what im looking for. Sorry if it is there, but I cannot find it.

Im struggling with aim, height, planting, timing, etc.

I feel like im pulling through as my front foot is planting. from videos it looks like I should plant well before then pull through..

I took a lesson with Dan from Spinners and he mentioned not letting my chin get in the way of my shoulder on the reach back, so I normally turn my head away from my target and look backwards.. But I see the pros really try and keep their eye on the target..

I know this message is sporadic and has no order, im just lost. I will take a video and post up this weekend for critique.

In the mean time, are there any slow mo videos that have commentary like that talks about their footwork, when they plant, when they begin the pull, etc.

Thanks for hanging in there through this post haha

As far as the pulling through too early, try focusing on simply slowing down your run-up. For more specific technique advice, you should check out www.discgolfreview.com, not to be confused with this site. I don't think it's been updated in years, but still has great info and is where I learned a lot of tips when I first started. Also, a great way is to video yourself throwing from the side and behind. Then you can submit that to the technique forum and get some of the pros on here to give pointers.

As far as the pulling through too early, try focusing on simply slowing down your run-up. For more specific technique advice, you should check out www.discgolfreview.com, not to be confused with this site. I don't think it's been updated in years, but still has great info and is where I learned a lot of tips when I first started. Also, a great way is to video yourself throwing from the side and behind. Then you can submit that to the technique forum and get some of the pros on here to give pointers.

Thank you sir.

Yeah, I dont really have a run up, more like a walk up.. But I feel like I am throwing a football/baseball in the sense where your arm is throwing as your planting your foot. But I read somewhere that you should plant before you begin to pull through which helps generate power through the hips.. Just trying to find something that will walk me through it.

Im at the point where ive been playing for 4 years and hit a plateau. Still having trouble with things like aim and height when I feel like I should be over that particular hump.

I feel like im pulling through as my front foot is planting. from videos it looks like I should plant well before then pull through..
There should be no effort to swing before your weight transfers. Once the heel lands is the timing/sequencing trigger.

I took a lesson with Dan from Spinners and he mentioned not letting my chin get in the way of my shoulder on the reach back, so I normally turn my head away from my target and look backwards.. But I see the pros really try and keep their eye on the target..
Get your chin up, not necessarily back. Chin up - gets it out of the way for your shoulders/core/arm/disc to turn/pivot/load back much further.

There should be no effort to swing before your weight transfers. Once the heel lands is the timing/sequencing trigger.

Get your chin up, not necessarily back. Chin up - gets it out of the way for your shoulders/core/arm/disc to turn/pivot/load back much further.

Thank you!

Latest posts