• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] VIP Ice?

dwalk77

Par Member
I signed up for the Trilogy Challenge this year, and one of the discs is a "VIP Ice Tursas". Anybody know the difference between a VIP disc and a VIP Ice disc?

I have my suspicions that the VIP Ice and Discmania's "fine Italian C-blend" are one and the same.

Unfounded suspicions but I'm sticking to it until someone proves me wrong.

I believe DD has used the term "ice" in the past to mean the disc is clear as can be. My guess is that it is just a clear VIP plastic.

The lucid ice Raiders come in pink, orange, and yellow. Maybe even blue. I don't think the ice plastic is necessarily clear like glass.

Apparently it's stiffness is in between Lucid and Lucid-X and flies more OS than Lucid. That's all I could find.

Apparently it's stiffness is in between Lucid and Lucid-X and flies more OS than Lucid. That's all I could find.

That is what I read as well. I was browsing discs for sale and blends and was intrigued by this. I think I saw some Lucid Ice Justices, but I already have two and they are still super beef so I couldn't justify buying another.

If I saw a Lucid Ice Emac Truth or Verdict then I would probably get one.

It also sucks that Gold Line/Fuzion went down the tubes as far as being a top tier plastic like it was 7-8 years ago. Now it's like meh. Even the Gold Line X discs I felt and bought are meh.

I'm assuming Discmania's new discs in the 'Italian' plastic are also this VIP-Ice blend. Hopefully it doesn't beat into a completely different disc after only a few months like Opto.

Asked about this in the DD chat and they told me that the VIP ICE is their german blend and tends to be a bit grippier that the VIP plastic. but very similar so shouldn't be that different of what westside players have used to.

If it´s the same as the Lucid Ice then its on of the more durable plastics i own. . i have played with my Lucid Ice Justice for a month now and i dont feel a single mark in the disc..

Feels like CryZtal FLX from Discraft

My wife picked up a Bear last weekend. It seemed the VIP Ice plastic varied depending on the color. The blue ones were actually pretty stiff and kind of firm. The yellow ones just seemed like your typical VIP plastic and the orange one that my wife picked up is a little softer and more gummy than normal VIP. Just my observations from handling them in the store.

Latest posts