• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Viper's Acorn C-Tier

Kodachrome

* Ace Member *
hey, fellow MN discers. i figure i should probably try a smaller tournament before jumping into the MN am champs. i haven't played one yet. i'd be playing advanced. anybody know how the payout is structured, other than the fact it's credit to fairway flyerz (or so i heard)?

also, anybody know anything else about the event? long tees i assume? all i saw was the PDGA page for it.

If this is your first PDGA tourney...

This would be a good choice for your first tournament. Acorn is my home course and I see this as a relaxing, low key season opener. It's probably going to be a small field and as long you know basic rules,(marking your lie, keeping accurate score, just basic stuff really..) you will be fine. As for the layout I can't say for sure but usually it is two rounds; both from the long tee's with a mix of baskets in long and short positions, which are swapped between rounds. Also there may be two temp holes playing into and back out of the baseball fields and back to the playground. Viper may vary the layout so don't take that as gospel. Viper runs a lot of smaller tournaments in the area; he typically charges an average entry fee, has a smaller players pack (a disc and/or a mini plus a chance for side prizes), and gives a good payout to the top 1/3 of the division. Anyone who shovels teepads in the winter is a minor saint in my book. I'm pretty sure I ran into you at Acorn this winter and you had a shovel and salt with you so I thought I'd give you some info.

Thats great, thanks for the info! I couldn't find much about the tourney online. I've heard the registration ends at 8:30am tomorrow. Do you guys know if there is a way to register online? If not I'll be there bright an early!

This would be a good choice for your first tournament. Acorn is my home course and I see this as a relaxing, low key season opener. It's probably going to be a small field and as long you know basic rules,(marking your lie, keeping accurate score, just basic stuff really..) you will be fine. As for the layout I can't say for sure but usually it is two rounds; both from the long tee's with a mix of baskets in long and short positions, which are swapped between rounds. Also there may be two temp holes playing into and back out of the baseball fields and back to the playground. Viper may vary the layout so don't take that as gospel. Viper runs a lot of smaller tournaments in the area; he typically charges an average entry fee, has a smaller players pack (a disc and/or a mini plus a chance for side prizes), and gives a good payout to the top 1/3 of the division. Anyone who shovels teepads in the winter is a minor saint in my book. I'm pretty sure I ran into you at Acorn this winter and you had a shovel and salt with you so I thought I'd give you some info.

Here's Viper's Facebook event page. You can post that you're coming so he saves a slot for you.
https://www.facebook.com/events/746583288693554/

thanks for the info, guys!

yeah, my buddies in the casual group "the mediocres" call me shovels. i'm just really anal about wanting to throw on concrete, haha! it makes a big difference. i figure everyone else is on the same page. :)

i'll see if i can make it to the event, maybe i'll see some of ya'll there if i do.

Latest posts