• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

VIRGINIA Disc Golf EVENTS

Im going home to see some family and was able to make an event as well. It'll be my first east coast tournament. I am hoping to find a local for a round Friday afternoon.

I'll be there. Long pretty tough wooded course with the possibility or 4 rds over 2 days. if the humidity is up, it will be tough for me. Chuck is listing 3 rounds, but the locals want 4 like past yrs. I really like this course, IMO the best in SWVA. Should be plenty on site Friday, I suggest showing up and someone will play a rd with you.

Last edited:
I am not looking forward to humidity again. I am just hoping the woods provide decent enough shade to take the sun out of it a bit. I am by far SoCal weather spoiled at this point

I will be there

I saw your scheduled round for Friday. I'll do my best to make it there by 3:30 from Richmond. My brother is gonna pick me up and we are gonna jam out there. Supposed to land at 11:43 so its gonna be tight. I just want one full round to get a feel.

Last edited:
Just received word from one of the Locals that the Sontag Open will only be 3 rds. red and white on Sat., Blues on Sunday. spread the word.

I was pretty sure If I registered as am2 I could play it. Not really trying to be a bagger but you guys have tress like we have desert.

I was 934 when I signed up :)

From PDGA:

If you have pre-registered, the TD may allow you to remain in that division as long as the event is within two weeks of the ratings posting date. If you did not pre-register before the new ratings were posted, then you are expected to play in the division where your new rating now resides.

So up to the TD

By no means will I argue, I just have a feeling the locals will hold their own. NC and VA guys know how to throw in the woods.

I agree. The TD is sharp. I was just giving a heads up. It happened recently in Va and the guy made a nice showing in the advanced division. He was ready and didn't miss a beat.

I just wish I was landing a bit earlier. Its gonna be a tight squeeze to make it from Richmond to Rocky Mount for full practice round. I'm glad to hear we will get to play all the tees.

I'm from Oregon visiting my in laws and I'm gonna be able to play the Sontag. What should I know about this course? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I have no fear in the woods of southern california but I dont think there is a course that anywhere out here that closely resembles this fun. The 5-700 foot field shots sure, but 400 foot wooded tunnels is another story.

I will be there sometime Friday and will set up camp and throw a few rounds. I'll be in the blue silverado with DISCRFT on the plates. Holla.

I haven't played any other courses that are as tough as this one. But I'm just a casual thrower thats only played a short time and will be 50 very soon. I play this course often and consider it my home course. I'm not a pro and others handle this course waaay better than i do but I love the challenge it presents to me. Red tees are FUN, White tees are a good challenge to me and only a handful of birdies out there for me. Blues are just that, I have the blues after playing them but again I love the challenge. 1,9,and 18 are all open. 2, 5, 10, 11, and 17 are part wooded and part open. Water (pond) is in play on 11 from white and blue tees.

SHAG me BABY!

13th Shenandoah Shag
2013 ODDS SERIES EVENT
PDGA B-TIER EVENT
SEPTEMBER 8th 2013

ENTRY FEES:
ALL PRO DIVISIONS $60
ADVANCED AM DIVISIONS $50
INTERMEDIATE AM $45
RECREATIONAL $35
ALL LADIES $30
(Please add $2 to all Pay-Pal Registrations)

*** PAYPAL available at [email protected] ***

***$10 OFF ENTRY with PRE-REGISTRATION***
(Mail-in...post marked by September 6th)
(PAY-PAL through September 7th)

TIMES:
8:00-8:45 CHECK-IN 9:00 PLAYERS MEETING 9:20 START

Brandon Bailey - [email protected] - 571.762.3509

INFORMATION:
$500 ADDED CASH in ALL OPEN divisions » Players Pack for ALL AM Divisions » CTPs » Trophies » ACE-POT
CTP for a Basket » Raffle for a Disc Golf bag and discs
2 Rounds of 22 holes @ Signal Knob DGC

DIRECTIONS:
971 Old Factory Road, Strasburg, VA
https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en

SPONSOR OPPORTUNITY - Tee-Sign display (8.5X11) - Printed in Program and on Scorecards
ADD $20 and contact Brandon Bailey

CHECKS PAYABLE to Brandon Bailey - 20393 Marguritte Square - Sterling VA 20165
THANK YOU for supporting the 13th Shenandoah Shag and ODDS Series!

Latest posts