• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vision Quest Cedar, MN

Random aside.... I feel like I saw deer baiting contraptions setup all along the right hand side of Hole 11's (I think) fairway.

Is this legal?

Baiting deer is what you do when you want to kill them.

Feeding deer is what you do when just want them to come around.

Would seeing bird feeders "feel like" seeing bird baiting contraptions?

Many people think DG baskets are deer feeder/baiting contraptions. :\

****. I wasn't complaining about them folks. Just pondering the legality and/or ethics involved if - indeed - they were being used to bait. They were way out in the open so I don't really think there are sinister motivations.

I guess its just not something I've ever seen on property before around here. Bird feeders. Yes. Dime a dozen. Deer 'feeders' though?

Anyways. Carry on. Fun course and yes those teepads seem like they might blow an ACL or two.

im surprised its not more common in your area.

Hear you for sure on the pads. I hated teeing off from the docks/platforms.

Hear you for sure on the pads. I hated teeing off from the docks/platforms.
Yup. One of my friends was pretty rattled by the teebox that juts out over the cliff/water edge.

He's got a bigger runup and starts a bit off to the back and right of most teboxes. I think they could have doubled the width on that one and it would feel much safer.

Any VQ members have an issue with the course being public now? I mostly play on weekday mornings and for me to play the course at those times I had to buy a membership, which I purchased on 5/29/16. I might play the course a dozen times in the year, twice this year. I did not mind paying the membership cost as it would let me play the course on my schedule. I understand that the course is getting more traffic and they want to maximize profits. But selling private memberships even in the last month and than opening it to the public is very deceptive.

Edit: I really do enjoy playing the course and the maintenance they do is phenomenal. They have also added black tees that make the course even more challenging.

Last edited:
I personally think its laughable and why never bought into the clubhouse idea like jenga was trying to preach b4.

Its a cool course but that's about all.

I emailed two days in advance to ask for a free or discounted pass due to advanced age and mild disability. I received an email far too late from Mike Rivard and was seriously injured falling off one of the elevated tee pads. His comments came across to me as those of a right wing, Tea Party Republican type who says people shouldn't get any government entitlements, while he is in the construction business and his entire career is founded on taking handouts from the government.

Here are the offensive parts of his email:

"Although this doesn't help pay for the course it would certainly help alleviate the overwhelming guilt you must feel when asking for a "free ride" when everyone else is so happy to support the cause. Because we really want to see you have an opportunity to play BRP as well and hate to have you hurt yourself scraping for cash under your seat..."

This is really offensive, especially to someone who has a physical issue (even worse that I got injured and he didn't respond to that email telling him they need guard rails on hole #17--the other two don't necessarily).

He was also sarcastic in his conclusion, offering me free play for work, and saying he was glad they could help out, looked forward to seeing me, and that I should 'drive safe and seeya soon'.

He may have thought he was funny, but he was a total douchebag. :mad:

my gf is what many initially think "not REALLY disabled" because she can move relatively freely despite being in 4 car wrecks. How others perceive her disability is a source of constant frustration and anxiety. Even if your request was absurd and baseless, he could have easily deflected with tact and went about his day none the worse. those who comment on the "leeches of society" without understanding one's circumstance don't deserve my business, and those who lack the emotional maturity to separate their customer interactions from their political beliefs aren't worth my time.

I'd have to read your email and his entire response to feel fully justified and really understand the whole exchange since it wasn't exactly clear what happened, but for now it's pissed me off enough to say toodle-oo to the idea of playing VQ.

Last edited:
Any VQ members have an issue with the course being public now? I mostly play on weekday mornings and for me to play the course at those times I had to buy a membership, which I purchased on 5/29/16. I might play the course a dozen times in the year, twice this year. I did not mind paying the membership cost as it would let me play the course on my schedule. I understand that the course is getting more traffic and they want to maximize profits. But selling private memberships even in the last month and than opening it to the public is very deceptive.

Edit: I really do enjoy playing the course and the maintenance they do is phenomenal. They have also added black tees that make the course even more challenging.

Wow. The WHOLE POINT of VQ was to be an exclusive country club. Premium memberships. Agree or disagree with "exclusive" DG courses... But this will not sit well with the folks that PAID to have access on weekdays. Sure it's still P2P daily pass, but what's special about that?
Owners just couldn't walk away from the money, likely because they didn't have near enough members. They have some massive plans still, and are trying to get ready for the DGPT soon. Glad I didn't buy a pass. Now I can play it once a year and be more than satisfied.

If membership provides free play like an annual pass, then isn't it still a deal? If members still have to pay $10 each time then certainly there would hopefully be some additional membership benefits added.

If membership provides free play like an annual pass, then isn't it still a deal? If members still have to pay $10 each time then certainly there would hopefully be some additional membership benefits added.
Sure if you are in close proximity and play a high # of rounds there. Its an hour out of my day just getting there and back.

If i lived close to both BRP and VQ im still not sure id play them enough to justify the cost of both passes.

I like playing different courses and find the value of the three rivers option to be much bettet even increased from the $35 it initially was which felt like a steal!

I emailed two days in advance to ask for a free or discounted pass due to advanced age and mild disability.

Why on Earth would you think that advanced age and mild disability would entitle you to play a private course for free?

No it is not a deal! I payed $200 for a private membership to play the weekdays as did many other members. Than 30 days later I do not even need a membership to play on the weekdays. If you read what I posted I said I might play the course 10 times, mostly on weekdays. So for a non member it would cost them $100. For me a "member" it costs me $200. So now I have paid them an extra $100 for no additional benefits. :wall: Not sure how you think what they are doing is right. I guess that $100 to them is nothing since it is in their pocket. That is all from me on this subject. I will still play there but it leave a bitter taste in my mouth.

No it is not a deal! I payed $200 for a private membership to play the weekdays as did many other members. Than 30 days later I do not even need a membership to play on the weekdays. If you read what I posted I said I might play the course 10 times, mostly on weekdays. So for a non member it would cost them $100. For me a "member" it costs me $200. So now I have paid them an extra $100 for no additional benefits. :wall: Not sure how you think what they are doing is right. I guess that $100 to them is nothing since it is in their pocket. That is all from me on this subject. I will still play there but it leave a bitter taste in my mouth.
Not saying what they are doing is right or wrong. Just asking the question if membership included free play. You say it does. That's all.

Latest posts