• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Voodoo Disc Golf Bag?

So Nicki at Voodoo just returned my call and gave me an update on the bag situation. They are currently aiming for a summer release of the bags. They are making a few appearance tweaks to the Juju-Zulu line of bags, but mostly cosmetic, will still be the same bags. Some of these early versions are coming back from the manufacturer and needing to be sent back, so they are trying to get the product up to snuff.

Since she had called the non-Spinal Tap bags out specifically, I mentioned some of the issues w/the first run and she agreed some had issues and they were addressing those with the next run of the bags.

So, no hard dates (we have seen how well hard dates work in the DG community, right Salient?), but they're committed to getting the right product out the door. She did also mention that people who have contacted them about looking for some specific bags, they will get contacted before the bags go up for general sale so those folks can get first dibs. So if there is something specific you want from them, let them know. Sounds like they are developing a waiting list of sorts.

PS, I have no affiliation, I just enjoy the Karma I bought myself during Black Friday and the Juju I got my daughter for Christmas and thought I would try and get some more solid information for the community.

I received my Voodoo Karma yesterday. I admit, I only wanted it because it is purple. While it is very nice, it is just too big for me. Very large just to be large. Did not hold any more discs than my Innova deluxe, just way bigger, lots of storage room on both sides, larger drink holders. huge putter pocket all adds up to a larger puffy bag that holds the same 22 discs in my other bags. The internal storage is very puffy like a disc hugger. I may take out some dividers for more room. This will be a great foul weather bag as you can take a jacket with you and stuff it away as needed. I find the bag too bulky to use a single strap. This would make a great bag for backpack straps or riding on a stroller or pull cart.

I'd say you could probably get at least 5 drivers in each of the side pockets. Don't think you can do that with the Deluxe...

I'd say you could probably get at least 5 drivers in each of the side pockets. Don't think you can do that with the Deluxe...

The deluxe bag does have a large double zipper pocket on one side. I have never kept discs in side zipper pockets other than my Blowfly. However, may consider it.

Yeah, Karma is a big bag and you are correct that the main comp holds about the same qty of discs. I carry a gorilla boy spider monkey for short course and casual rounds. The karma is great for tourney play or long days where extra clothes and food/drink need to get toted. I wouldn't want to carry it every day. I use their quad straps, can't imagine single strapping this thing.

I have only been playing about 8.5 years and have had 3 mid-sized bags. The first 2 lasted around 2-3 years each because I am rough on bags due to playing in a lot of different conditions and terrain. Out of the 3, the best bag I have owned is the Voodoo Mojo. I bought it about 2.5 years ago and plan on keeping it for many years. The bottom looks brand new (the bottom of one of my other bags literally fell apart after 3 years and the other bag was too big for travel and I do not carry many discs) but it looks large. The size is deceiving because it has lots of room for discs and a jacket but is easier to carry on a plane than my laptop bag sometimes.

Actually I can put 8 putters in each side pocket and still zip the pockets shut. 9 discs they have to stay open. Between loading discs in the middle, using the space between the form and the bag for more discs and the side and putter pockets, I was able to stuff 44 or 45 discs in that bag. Not all distance drivers. Nothing was faster than a speed 7 and about 20 of the test discs were putters.

Actually I can put 8 putters in each side pocket and still zip the pockets shut. 9 discs they have to stay open. Between loading discs in the middle, using the space between the form and the bag for more discs and the side and putter pockets, I was able to stuff 44 or 45 discs in that bag. Not all distance drivers. Nothing was faster than a speed 7 and about 20 of the test discs were putters.
Cool. Thanks for clarifying that. I had a Mojo at one point and couldn't remember how many you could stuff in there. Figured I would err on the conservative side since I can't fit any in my Juju to actually confirm. ;)

Cool. Thanks for clarifying that. I had a Mojo at one point and couldn't remember how many you could stuff in there. Figured I would err on the conservative side since I can't fit any in my Juju to actually confirm. ;)

I bought a Juju for my daughter w/the Christmas sale *shh, "Santa" gave that one to her heh* and she holds about 7-9 discs in it. Putter pocket is smaller on the Juju for sure than on the Karma. No 'Side Pockets of Doom' either.

I received my Voodoo Karma yesterday. I admit, I only wanted it because it is purple. While it is very nice, it is just too big for me. Very large just to be large. Did not hold any more discs than my Innova deluxe, just way bigger, lots of storage room on both sides, larger drink holders. huge putter pocket all adds up to a larger puffy bag that holds the same 22 discs in my other bags. The internal storage is very puffy like a disc hugger. I may take out some dividers for more room. This will be a great foul weather bag as you can take a jacket with you and stuff it away as needed. I find the bag too bulky to use a single strap. This would make a great bag for backpack straps or riding on a stroller or pull cart.

Now thinking I will try quad straps for the first time. I will start a new thread for any suggestions what straps to pair with the Karma.

Has anybody had to use the warranty from Voodoo? One of the quad strap holders on my Karma suddenly failed. It wasn't the stitching, it just snapped.

Nope. Thought I would take some pictures and send them an email. Just wondering if anyone had any experience working with them.

I've worked with them on my spinal tap

They responded quickly to me and sent me a label via email and had my bag back within 2 weeks both times.

No issues from me, but other people have had different results.

Just be polite when you talk to them; usually that helps much more then screaming.

My spinal tap is back at Voodoo for the second time.

It's been delivered for almost 3 weeks and I haven't heard anything from Voodoo since it landed. I've used it for no more than 40 rounds.

I might try to sell it when I get it back, if it is fixed properly.

Random question: I've been using my mojo for over a year now, but I can't for the life of me find a good place to stash my scorecard while I'm playing. For the most part, I've been using either the putter pocket or jamming it between the disc area and the frame. None of these are really convenient though. Any suggestions? I also lose pencils all the time if I try using the pencil pockets. Besides that though, I love this bag!

Have you tried using the mesh side pockets?

I have the straight jacket straps and they have pockets on them; one side for pencils, the other for scorecard/phone.

Hey folks, my girl Dani and I walked away from a local monthly tournament this past Sunday with two brand new Voodoo Zulu bags! Wow these sacks sure are beautiful! One in Potion Purple and the other in Totem Brown. First off the size, definitely large compared to the Fade Tourney bag I was previously was using. Fit 30 discs in the main disc storage with no dividers, 3 putters no problem in the front putter pocket (has a cinch draw string, very cool) and the mini pocket holds the biggest of minis. Could easily fit 3-4 discs on each side pocket if wanted. Side storage is fantastic as I am able to fit Phone, mp3, sharpies, camera, engraver, batteries, medical supplies, spare towel, snacks, extra beer, long sleeve compression fit shirt, wrist rocket and golf balls. Padded inner pockets to keep screens from getting scratched was a plus. Drink pouches are solid and has 2 extra outer mesh pockets for quick grab sunflower seeds lol and my Sony speaker. Had the bag out yesterday for about 8.5 hours of disc golfing and never noticed the bag being to large or bulky. The padded strap is very comfy along with the padding on the back of the bag making long days just a little easier. The things I would change would be to add another zipper to the side pockets, better Velcro for the dividers and a more convenient tag/towel loop. Other than that these bags are top notch and will get many miles on the DG Course!

Dani rocking her Potion Purple Zulu @ Sun Valley Disc Golf Monthly in San Diego CA

URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/eastcountypride/media/10383014_315051488651864_3987273205792362857_n_zps9ddf1897.jpg.html]
10383014_315051488651864_3987273205792362857_n_zps9ddf1897.jpg
[/URL]

Latest posts