• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Voodoo Spinal Tap Backpack is Here

Ok so heres my take on the magnets. I think the magnets are supposed to be there to make a few putters easy available. Kind of how grip has that little button in there to adjust if you want the putters low or raised up a bit. I think that when the magnets are together the putters just sit on top so they can be higher for easy access. In the vid feldys last putter gets stuck because hes pulling a couple out prior so the last one just happened to get stuck. Now when he pulls the putter out then tries to put it back in,you notice it only goes in only so far leaving it half way out or so.

If you pack more putters that 3 or so ,they wont all be able to fit in the opening at the same time so they sit low. If your only packing 3 or less,you have the ability to raise them or just keep them tucked away.

Granted it might seem like a pain for the last putter,its not a big deal. Grips little button/trap does the same thing with raising the putters .

photo_zps5606149b-1.jpg

Notice the putters are partially exposed? My guess is theyre sitting on top of the magnets.

I actually tried to add something like this to my prodiscus pocket to raise a few putters up and i just used a heavy duty clip and clipped the bottom of the pocket so much that the putters were raised a bit

Thats what i believe the mags are for..pretty sure thats what it is too

Feldberg says it will have the fly, as well as not only a place for your stool, but it will be hooked in such a way you can just set up, attached to the bag, sit and have the bag in front of you. Another innovative solution. I LOVE VOODOO! Now if we can only get a price.

I see a problem with this. I've tried to rig a stool to my bag before so that it was easy to sit on while still attached to the bag, and it was nothing but a hassle. If they can make it work props to them.

Ok so heres my take on the magnets. I think the magnets are supposed to be there to make a few putters easy available. Kind of how grip has that little button in there to adjust if you want the putters low or raised up a bit. I think that when the magnets are together the putters just sit on top so they can be higher for easy access. In the vid feldys last putter gets stuck because hes pulling a couple out prior so the last one just happened to get stuck. Now when he pulls the putter out then tries to put it back in,you notice it only goes in only so far leaving it half way out or so.

If you pack more putters that 3 or so ,they wont all be able to fit in the opening at the same time so they sit low. If your only packing 3 or less,you have the ability to raise them or just keep them tucked away.

Granted it might seem like a pain for the last putter,its not a big deal. Grips little button/trap does the same thing with raising the putters .

photo_zps5606149b-1.jpg

Notice the putters are partially exposed? My guess is theyre sitting on top of the magnets.

I actually tried to add something like this to my prodiscus pocket to raise a few putters up and i just used a heavy duty clip and clipped the bottom of the pocket so much that the putters were raised a bit

Thats what i believe the mags are for..pretty sure thats what it is too

So...like....what you're saying is, exactly what I said two hours earlier? :D
:hfive:
I'm just picking on you. I just think Feldberg did a poor job of explaining it. I still stand by my claim that the magnets will wear out over time and become next to useless, though.

I just think Feldberg did a poor job of explaining it. I still stand by my claim that the magnets will wear out over time and become next to useless, though.

Let's be real though.... feldberg carries dozens and dozens of discs... He doesn't have time to being carrying only 3 putters for the magnet to be useful :p He probably doesn't get it lol.

I'm no magnetologist, but I found this on physicsforum.com
(Nor am I a physicist and cannot attest to the validity of aforementioned site)

"'...Permanent magnets gradually decrease in strength, but this has very little to do with usage. The "life" of a permanent magnet depends on many factors. Naturally occurring forces conspire to knock the little domains out of alignment. But this is normally a very slow process. Temperature is a major player in this process. The higher the temperature, the faster this process will occur. Extreme heat [surpassing the curie point] will immediately randomize the domains. A sharp blow can also knock domains out of alignments, as can other nearby magnetic or electrical fields. Radiation can also knock domains out of alignment. But again, under normal conditions, neither your fridge or you will live long enough to watch the little fellow fall to the floor in exhaustion. At the quantum level [e.g., electrons] magnetism is eternal."

In that case, I'm okay with the magnets as I don't expect to ever carry more than 2 or 3 putters up there. I'll have to try one on before making a decision. Going to have to keep an eye out for one this summer.

? a working video of what?

From the facebook page
"We WILL have information for everyone about the Spinal Tap on Thursday! No one will miss out! VDG"

From the facebook page
"We WILL have information for everyone about the Spinal Tap on Thursday! No one will miss out! VDG"

Second verse, same as the first. I just want the information. Sick of hearing that information is coming. I guess when they capitalize "WILL" it means they'll actually follow through? Sigh.