• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Voodoo Spinal Tap Backpack is Here

I don't mind a delay. I would like more transparency and more detailed updates. I have faith in Voodoo and I don't want a bag that doesn't pass their quality inspection. Hopefully we hear sometime today.

FYI

QC Failed due to stitching on a side pocket. I got a personal phone call from Shane at VDG around 9:00 p.m. in Texas (which is like 10-11 pm in Cali IIRC, to lazy to look it up) he said it wasn't perfect so he was not wanting to send it out. No problem, I'd rather get a thoroughly inspected product that will have no issues then get a bag 4-5 days earlier.

Just got a similar phone call from Shane. It seems that instead of a mass e-mail, Facebook post, or YouTube video....they are personally calling their customers to explain the problem. Customer service goes a long way with me, kudos to Voodoo for going above and beyond.

I had a missed call today from them. My voice-mail is not set up because I refuse to check it, so i'll assume the best. :) Crossing my fingers for a updated delivery date.

I haven't gotten a message. What did they say?

From their Facebook page:

Good morning VDG fans, over the past few days we have been calling all of our preordered customers in regards to the status on their Spinal Tap. During the last portion of the QC process we found one small issue that we want fixed to insure maximum life on your bag. We made this decision with your best interest at heart. We have also been told that it will not delay the bags delivery all that much. We will be giving you up to date info as we hear it. We thank you for your patience and business.

One last note: we are still making phone calls to all of you.

VDG-

I received a call Friday night at about 9pm. They said what a previous person said about stitching. They said it it would be sent next week.

Have you guys been given the option of a refund like the Ergo folks have? More curious than anything if some of these delays are going to make people jump ship to the new Grip releases...

Have you guys been given the option of a refund like the Ergo folks have? More curious than anything if some of these delays are going to make people jump ship to the new Grip releases...

When I was on the phone with Shane he said nothing of a refund... Then again, I didn't ask. From what he was saying on the phone, it seems like the bags will be sent out towards the beginning of this week and it's only a slight delay. We'll see what happens.

we got a refund option? :confused:

ah, ok ... getting my 3rd run Flak fiasco and the Ergo mixed up ... lol?

We know how to pick 'em, eh? I also preordered the Flak way back when, and I got a refund then, too.

I am very curious to see how patient people are with the delays. The Spinal Tap is a very similar design to a Grip, so I am wondering if people will jump ship if they can. Ergo people might not be loyal to a smaller company, but I, for one, am on that train for the bag configuration and size.

We know how to pick 'em, eh? I also preordered the Flak way back when, and I got a refund then, too.

I am very curious to see how patient people are with the delays. The Spinal Tap is a very similar design to a Grip, so I am wondering if people will jump ship if they can. Ergo people might not be loyal to a smaller company, but I, for one, am on that train for the bag configuration and size.

me too :thmbup:

... and will definitely be interesting to see if people bail for a different bag

Lots of Buzzz for a delay of a few days. I'm glad that Voodoo is fixing the issue now (and quickly) instead of sending out poorly constructed product (like the PF mini pouch).

Also hear me out, there might be a small difference in a side bottle holder tearing off the bag than in inadequate mini pocket.