• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Voodoo Spinal Tap Backpack is Here

I'm not really knocking Voodoo.....but this is why I went with the new Grip. They released it on the 20th and mine shipped on the 21st

They got it right the second time around. The first release was exactly like everyone else.

Yes, but this isn't Voodoo's first forway into the bag market, either. They're an experienced bag maker with a loyal following and a reputation for quality. Grip knew the pitfalls the second time around and got it right. Physical Flight held to their time table for release. Big Hyzer is still new to the public eye. They had one bag release that got minimal attention and now they need to learn to handle the popularity. And Hyzerbomb...well who knows what's going on there. I'd wager more than half of their potential Flak3 customers are now proud owners of a competitors product since they let about 4 new backpacks shoot past them.

My point is, I know Shane and his wife are a two-person show and they do put out a great product. But they still have a few steps to take in the PR department. Ever since the intitial announcement that Voodoo was making a backpack, the updates and promises made have been frustratingly behind schedule.

Of course, if they sell out it's all a moot argument, anyways.

I just wonder how much cash it takes to start up a back pack line. Grip used profits from their L series to fund the new bag with out pre orders. Maybe Voodoo should have done the same with their other bags. Companies can take a beating with online comments when they miss their expected release date. But really if the bag turns out to be as nice as it looks in a few months most people will forget the delays especially when they can just order them off the website.

But really if the bag turns out to be as nice as it looks in a few months most people will forget the delays especially when they can just order them off the website.

You just described what happened when GRIP first came on the scene with the L series. As a matter of fact that is EXACTLY what happened

Anyone else that has received their bag- are you using the padded board in the bottom of the bag? I like the idea of the padding towards the discs and the extra layer of protection on the bottom, but it raises the discs up enough that they're likely to fall out while swinging the bag onto my back or while jostling it around on the course.

Received my Spinal Tap last Thursday and played in a two day, four course tournament in L.A. One of the courses I played was in Wrightwood (Sky High), a mountain course (7,000ft in elevation) with lots of slopes. I never had any of my discs fall out while walking up and down the slopes. The extra padding on the back really adds comfort and the bag feels light resting more on the shoulders vs. cutting around my neck. Side pockets worked great, easily storing extra towels, long sleeve, wallet, keys, phone, snacks, sunglasses, bag tags, and rain fly. Storing and taking out my stool was easy. So far I really like the bag, a great upgrade from my Karma.

I preordered and I'm still waiting for a tracking number and shipment email anyone else in this boat?

I just ordered a blue one on Friday and got the tracking number on Saturday afternoon. It's not scheduled to get here until June 3, but I was actually pleasantly surprised to not have to wait forever. I guess whatever color you chose was more popular than blue or something...?

Dg, if you're concerned, send them an email with your order number as the subject. I bet they'll get back to you in a couple hours.

Thanks guys, I sent them an email lol just wait an see. I also ordered a totem brown spinal tap. I heard that they were the last to ship but they were supposed to ship today. Just starting to wonder lol tourney this weekend and I'm hoping for the bag.

I'm guessing based on your location that you will not get it by Friday :(