• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Voodoo Spinal Tap Backpack is Here

Well that's good to hear. Sold a bunch of plastic so it's kinda not costing me anything to pick it up. And I say kinda because I'm short a bunch of 10 year buzzzes. Love those damn things.

My Mystic Blue arrived on Friday (and we were out of town till late Sunday night). Hope to stuff it full today and give it a test drive. Initial impressions are great form and matierals used.

so after a long deliberation im thinking im going with the ST over the grip A series... Just a few final things id like feedback on... 1) will i need to worry about discs falling out of main compartment if not crammed full?? (heard both answers!)....2) is this thing as bulky as the PF contender, taj, and gateway bag?? (saw one of those ystrday and not impressed)...3) does it seem durable esp the bottom, i was concerned that the bag didnt have the plastic rail/knobs on bottom? 4) whats the bag weigh empty?? 5) warantee?? 6) is it as comfy as it looks??

Still waiting for my bag to arrive but as for the bulkyness of the bag if u look a couple pages back there are pics of a ST next to a grip bag and there is very minimal size difference. And from everything I have read you shouldn't have to worry about the disc falling out, even when you don't have 25 disc in the main compartment.

cool cool, thanks for input... saw the pics u mentioned, didnt look that much wider, but h2o pockets were empty... just saw that a guy my size said it looked a bit bulky on him, but i kinda have to expect that with the extra storage space for clothes etc im lookn for... as long as the bag doenst empty when not packed i can live with some added width... also a guy on the same page as the pics mentioned had an issue with an insert being warped or something like that?? im prob just being a lil overly paranoid about such a costly purchase.. just wanting to be sure! thanks for the feedback!!

cool cool, thanks for input... saw the pics u mentioned, didnt look that much wider, but h2o pockets were empty... just saw that a guy my size said it looked a bit bulky on him, but i kinda have to expect that with the extra storage space for clothes etc im lookn for... as long as the bag doenst empty when not packed i can live with some added width... also a guy on the same page as the pics mentioned had an issue with an insert being warped or something like that?? im prob just being a lil overly paranoid about such a costly purchase.. just wanting to be sure! thanks for the feedback!!

If you want something less bulky, look into the Big Hyzer Ergo.

Mine should be at my door within the next hour and a half (according to UPS tracking), so I can fill it up with stuff and report back on how it fits sometime today. I'm not all that worried about it looking bad, and I'm pretty skinny.

My thoughts in purple.
1) will i need to worry about discs falling out of main compartment if not crammed full?? (heard both answers!)Hasn't been an issue for me. I've been carrying 16-19 discs in the main compartment, and purposefully slinging it around when I put it on to test the discs security- haven't fallen out yet.

2) is this thing as bulky as the PF contender, taj, and gateway bag?? (saw one of those ystrday and not impressed)I have a Grip L series and had a Mystery Ranch Golf Mahal. The ST is wider than the Grip, but not as wide as the Mahal fully expanded. It has more room than the Grip, perhaps slightly less than the Mahal- but it seems better laid out to me.

3) does it seem durable esp the bottom, i was concerned that the bag didnt have the plastic rail/knobs on bottom? Longterm durability is yet to be seen obviously, but it feels pretty solid. There's also no hard fram/supports on the inside to cause friction wear like was/is always a problem on Revolution bags. If it was a major concern I suppose you could Pasti-Dip it pretty easily.

4) whats the bag weigh empty?? More than the Grip, less than the Mahal. :) Not a substantial difference to me.

5) warantee?? 5 years to the best of my knowledge

6) is it as comfy as it looks?? Yes. The straps are super padded and the back breathes extremely well with the raised padding. This was a major cause for me to get rid of the Mahal- it felt bulky. The yoke system is splendid and work really well, but the Mahal just was heavier and bulkier. The Grip is lean and lightweight, but the straps on the L Series are thin and minimally padded. The Spinal Tap feels like a nice mix of both and I have no complaints regarding comfort.

Got my brown spinal tap today. About to call voodoo.....

Did anybody else have issues with the umbrella/stool velcro straps tearing off the bag like they weren't even sewn on ? Only one side so far, but the other feels flimsy.

Got my brown spinal tap today. About to call voodoo.....

Did anybody else have issues with the umbrella/stool velcro straps tearing off the bag like they weren't even sewn on ? Only one side so far, but the other feels flimsy.

I got a brown ST, as well, and my stool/umbrella straps are solid...

bam!

thanks for the feedback! i went ahead and got one ordered today :)....since i am lookn for storage room for extra clothes im gonna have to have a lil bulkiness for what im wanting... cant have it all ;) lookn forward to it getting here as i just spent a long day at milo and a comfy pack w room for goodies woulda been very nice!! cheers and happy hukkn

8943399191_3ff97f6a77_z.jpg

8944024446_a9bea11b2c_z.jpg

8943402295_d545a8fd09_z.jpg

8944025562_e74b64599a_z.jpg

Love this bag!! Only criticisms I have is that I wish the rain fly was built in to the top to just pull out and down instead of having to take it out and attaching it to the top manually (but...big whoop), but mostly I'm not at all a fan of how putters being inside the putter pocket largely effect the storage capacity of the top storage compartment. That aside... the materials used, the zipper quality, the rigidity of the construction, looks and most of all comfort of this bag are STELLAR. Great job Voodoo.

A side note, I really appreciate how Voodoo took the time to call every single customer to tell them about the setback, as opposed to the much easier option of a mass email notification. Love my Karma, love my Spinal Tap, cant wait to see what you guys come out with next.

Are there any pics around of that top pocket in front of the putter pocket open? How much room is there in ther with putters in the top? Fit a hoodie in it?

Latest posts