• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Voodoo Spinal Tap Backpack is Here

yep i dont think u can go wrong with the ST if its xtra space ur lookn for! not as bulky as i thought it'd be, and pretty light riding considering all the sh&t i have in there... give the zipper on putter pocket a day or so to relax, at first i had a hard time getting 2 putters in/out w ease... now 3-4 fit pretty easily... but more putters in there the less room ull have in pocket below... took it for spin ystrday, i had shoes in under pocket, 18 in main plus 4-5 on sides and tons of misc crap throughout... at course shoes out flip flops and hoodie in and still room for a few smaller towels and bird bags, but only 2 putters in quiver ... pencils fall out of pockets on straps and mini pocket a lil loose and minis can fall out as well but both r MINOR issues... even had a lil rain and got to try out rain fly, works pretty well, just slide up to get discs in/out... all in all very impressed w this bag!! dont think u can go wrong with it!

Has this topic died? I thought people would be going on about these bags for months when they finally came out.

To any one who has one i want to hear about how the straps compare to the grip straps.

I can't say how the straps compare to a Grip's but I can say they are VERY comfortable. I played a tournament (40 holes) this weekend and I had zero issues, no discs fell out and the bag rode perfectly on my back. No fatigue at all as compared to my last tournament with my Fade tourney bag. I was in the Marine Corps for over 20 years and had many packs and rucksacks on my back (very heavy too!) and I can say that the Spinal Tap straps are by far the most comfortable pack straps I have used. I am just curious to see how well they form to my shoulders with more use. Overall, I love the Spinal Tap.:thmbup:

I have owned the Simian, Grip, Ergo, and now the Spinal Tap. Out of all of them, the Ergo didn't fit right on my back or shoulders correctly (Not sure if I had a defected one or not though). The other 3 are great bags and from a comfort standpoint I would recommend them all, all depends on the features/storage that you prefer. I'm 6'0 190lbs.

Only issue I have had so far with my Spinal Tap is the putter pocket zipper comes undone when it's unzipped and its kind of a pain to get it back on track. Anyone else have this problem? I have only used it for 2 days.

Only issue I have had so far with my Spinal Tap is the putter pocket zipper comes undone when it's unzipped and its kind of a pain to get it back on track. Anyone else have this problem? I have only used it for 2 days.

My friend has one. Said there was a recall on first runs. That might have been the issue. I'd check into it.

To any one who has one i want to hear about how the straps compare to the grip straps.
Compared to the L Series Grip the Spinal Tap straps are far more padded and comfortable for me. I can't speak to the newer A Series, but it's night and day the difference in padding. They aren't quite as rigid as the Mystery Ranch straps but every bit as comfortable.

I can't say how the straps compare to a Grip's but I can say they are VERY comfortable. I played a tournament (40 holes) this weekend and I had zero issues, no discs fell out and the bag rode perfectly on my back. No fatigue at all ...Overall, I love the Spinal Tap.:thmbup:
I played the same event and have the same feelings. Although my old man caddied for me most of the event- he commented on how well the bag rode and said he had no back fatigue the next day, which was a big surprise to him.

Overall I have no issues with the bag so far. I've been pleased with it every round I've played. I haven't found a great way to hang my chalk bag yet, but it's workable.

My friend has one. Said there was a recall on first runs. That might have been the issue. I'd check into it.

Well, I don't feel that it is a huge enough issue to get a replacement really...also I bought this bag from someone brand new who never used it..but warranty doesn't transfer according to the Voodoo website. :\

I had a small tear occur, emailed voodoo a pic and they sent me a postage paid FedEx label (FedEx picked it up from my house), are fixing it for free and then shipping it back to me for free.

Love it when a warranty works like it should. Bummed that I had a small tear in the first place.

I had a small tear occur, emailed voodoo a pic and they sent me a postage paid FedEx label (FedEx picked it up from my house), are fixing it for free and then shipping it back to me for free.

Love it when a warranty works like it should. Bummed that I had a small tear in the first place.

Where did it tear at? I'm a little worried that the threads that secure the shoulder straps to the back and the handle to the top will pull....time will tell.

Where did it tear at? I'm a little worried that the threads that secure the shoulder straps to the back and the handle to the top will pull....time will tell.

Mine is starting to tear where the strap meets the top. I've had it for about 2.5 weeks. I'm waiting until after this weekend's tournament to ask about fixing it, though.

Mine is starting to tear where the strap meets the top. I've had it for about 2.5 weeks. I'm waiting until after this weekend's tournament to ask about fixing it, though.

Damn...I think mine may be doing the same thing. When looking at the back...the top left part where the strap connects to the back looks like it could be tearing.

EXACT same thing for me, tourney and all :\

love the bag other than that! :D

no doubt Voodoo will take care of it like they did the other guy's

that's exactly where it tore at

picked it up with one strap only and heard a ripping sound looked down; spot where straps connect to bag had a tear at the threads

that's exactly where it tore at

picked it up with one strap only and heard a ripping sound looked down; spot where straps connect to bag had a tear at the threads

Hopefully the turnaround is pretty quick on these. I don't know that mine is so bad that I should file a claim...but I almost want to file a preemptive claim or just hope they do some kind of recall to fix it.

Latest posts