• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Voodoo Spinal Tap Backpack is Here

welp I'm picking it up by the top handle every time between now and the end of CAC on Sunday ...

A buddy that purchased one had his tear within the first week. Got a loaner while his was being fixed and reinforced. The loaner started to tear within the week as well. Seems like a possible flaw in the bag with all the recent posts.

To be fair, this has his bag fully loaded. 33-35 discs typically. But, still, you'd hope that it could hold up to that.

Hopefully the turnaround is pretty quick on these. I don't know that mine is so bad that I should file a claim...but I almost want to file a preemptive claim or just hope they do some kind of recall to fix it.

file a claim and get it fixed; it doesn't cost you anything but a little bag down time (I just put stuff in my old bag until it's fixed)

damn....

im not liking what im seeing on here!! ive prob played 20 or so rounds w mine and knock on wood no tearing issues yet. things im not liking so far about this bag: 1) putter pocket zipper, why didnt voodoo just forgo zipper all together, an elastic type slot with a flap would be just fine. Also putter quiver hard to access over the shoulder 2) if bags main compartment isnt full (less than 15) discs can fall out unless a rag etc is stuffed in there. 3) internal pockets in side pockets not all that easy to access, but im getting used to that. 3) mini pocket tends to let stuff slip out, minor issue...4) rain fly snaps seem very tight(hoping they relax over time) and not sure how long they'll hold up. 5) seams seem a lil weak all over the bag, but time will tell if they hold up as well...
THINGS I LOVE...: 1) allll that storage, things ive fit into top hatch... pair of shoes, footlong sub and chips, hoodie, camera (not all at once!)... 2) comfort, this bag rides verrry well even fully loaded (20+ discs)... 3) putter pocket holds xtra putters for travel (i can fit 5 easy, but it takes away from storage underneath)..4) tho im still getting used to side pockets and internal pockets within, i like what they did with the space they had...5) side holder for chair/umbrella/machette is very useful. did i mention storage room and comfort!!! as long as the bag holds up and or warranty is legit, as it seems to be, ill stick with this bag for as long as it lasts! voodoo cust service seems very cooperative and im sure any issues w bag construction will be dealt with wo issues. I would recommend this bag to friends and have had alot of compliments on it so far....

I had the same tearing problem. They were quick to send me a fed ex return label, but I can't get anyone to confirm if I will have my bag fixed in time for am worlds. They seem to be avoiding answering any question about how long I will be without a bag. Now it has been 2 weeks without an answer so I am just going to send it in after worlds. I just wish they would tell me they aren't sure when it will be fixed or any kind of answer. Aside from the seam tearing I love the bag, it is super plush and holds everything I need, they just need to beef up the stitching.

file a claim and get it fixed; it doesn't cost you anything but a little bag down time (I just put stuff in my old bag until it's fixed)
I spoke too soon...it started to tear more last night so I sent them an e-mail.

I had the same tearing problem. They were quick to send me a fed ex return label, but I can't get anyone to confirm if I will have my bag fixed in time for am worlds. They seem to be avoiding answering any question about how long I will be without a bag. Now it has been 2 weeks without an answer so I am just going to send it in after worlds. I just wish they would tell me they aren't sure when it will be fixed or any kind of answer. Aside from the seam tearing I love the bag, it is super plush and holds everything I need, they just need to beef up the stitching.
I believe someone mentioned before that they can provide a loaner bag.
Oh heck...just give them a call instead of e-mailing them.

well this is certainly a bummer to hear. I noticed the other day mine was starting to tear on both straps at the connection point. has anyone gotten theirs back yet? I'm curious what their reinforcement idea might be.

I just got mine fixed for the shoulder strap coming loose at the top problem. It was a two week turn around but that was mostly shipping as I am in Tennessee. They shipped it back out the same day they recieved it. Seems solid since I got it back, only one round on it though. Hopefully they did a little better job with the stiching. I absolutely love the bag other than this one issue though.

Shame. I brought this concern up to them on their facebook and they assured me the handle was not a problem.

Guess I'm glad I went with the Mahal.

Man, I really want to get one of these bags but I'm not gonna pull the trigger cause I keep hearing about all these flaws. It's got me all sketched out. Hope voodoo works this sh!t out soon or I may have to go for a grip. I'd hate to go that route cause I like the sp better and I hate the giant grip logos. Bottom line though is a bag that performs and for $250 I expect it to do that with no worries. I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I just got mine fixed for the shoulder strap coming loose at the top problem. It was a two week turn around but that was mostly shipping as I am in Tennessee. They shipped it back out the same day they recieved it. Seems solid since I got it back, only one round on it though. Hopefully they did a little better job with the stiching. I absolutely love the bag other than this one issue though.

Can you notice anything different around it....like more stitching?

Man, I really want to get one of these bags but I'm not gonna pull the trigger cause I keep hearing about all these flaws. It's got me all sketched out. Hope voodoo works this sh!t out soon or I may have to go for a grip. I'd hate to go that route cause I like the sp better and I hate the giant grip logos. Bottom line though is a bag that performs and for $250 I expect it to do that with no worries. I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed.

What are these flaws you speak of? The shoulder straps ripping are the only problem I'm aware of.

Well I went out and played some serious rounds on this bag over the past few weeks. I had it loaded to the max. Main pocket and putter pocket (29 total). Packed in some extras to increase the weight. I have noticed on the outer edge of the straps were they meet the the seems of the bag. I noticed some gapping were the front and back pieces of the bag meet the straps, but no loss of structural integrity with the threading or the fabric itself.
I put this bag through the ringer. Well, as much as my busted up body could take :) Heck it faired better that my back lol! So as of know, I've seen nothing out of the norm, but I still have 4 yrs and around 10 and a 1/2 months left on the warranty.
With the 6 backpack style bags I have ( Prodiscus, Grip A&L, Mahal, Ergo, Revo, and SP). I'm starting to use this one the most out of them all (Revo was sold before I took the tags off lol!!)
It comes down to what you want and need. So just do your homework.......Good Luck!!

Right, straps on a backpack are kinda a big deal. I know there's a warrantee but I don't want to buy a bag just to have to send it back.

I hear ya there, I just thought there were other problems you were speaking of. Believe me, I was disappointed to have to send it back....I'm assuming (which is risky) and VDG is making the necessary changes to new bags going out.

If any one has been in touch with Voodoo. Is this just an issue with some of the bags? Or is it a design flaw or an error durring the build that has or will effect all the bags?
If it's the latter, you would think they would have sent out a recall notice? I'm not sure if they have to or not though. Since it's not a life/saftey issue?

If any one has been in touch with Voodoo. Is this just an issue with some of the bags? Or is it a design flaw or an error durring the build that has or will effect all the bags?
If it's the latter, you would think they would have sent out a recall notice? I'm not sure if they have to or not though. Since it's not a life/saftey issue?

i've yet to notice any tearing around straps... but im not cramming as many discs that i can fit in it tho either.... (have around 20 in main). just wrapped up a tourny at hornings that had 2 rounds at "rolling" meadow ridge and 1 on canyon. bag held up great! was nice being able to fit food, xtra h2o, socks, sleeves and misc crap in there and still had room!! imo im thinking overpacking may be leading to the seam issues?? been told im wrong alot tho so who knows ;).... my biggest issue is that the discs can fall out if less than 16 or so in the main... insert towels and prob solved!!