• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vote again on reviews

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
I just put together a small feature to help out people that may have written a not so great review and collected a bunch of non-helpful votes and then updated it to make it better.

After updates now, your reviews are eligible for a revote by people that have previously voted on them. Those voters will see the question "Did you find this updated review helpful?".

There won't be any kind of voter notification since I think that might be a bit annoying if you constantly get emails/pm's regarding updated reviews. But if you're browsing the reviews of a course again, at least the opportunity is there for you to update your vote.

That is a great idea Tim!

What happens if I wrote a review and it got 10 positive votes, 1 negative vote... then a couple months later something changed at the course and I go add that new information to my review? Do all 11 votes get reset?

Yes, they do. It's not a reset though. The existing votes stay and the previous people have the option of changing their vote or leaving it the same.

Ahhh, I see. This site rocks... :)

OK, so say I've updated a review (which I have done to about 1/2 of my reviews.) If somebody had given it a positive and changed their mind, do you loose the previous positive vote? Or do you just get the negative vote added?

It might sound silly, but I've been trying to get that "trusted reviewer" icon. I've got 29 positives, but if you can loose positives from an updated review that just put 17 of my positives possibly back in play. I guess it is a lot more likely for an updated review to go from negative to positive, but I'm always trying to improve my reviews even if they have a lot of positive votes. For example, I have five positives for a review of Shady Oaks park that I'm not at all impressed with and have been planning on updating. If I'd be risking those five positives by updating, I'm just going to leave it alone until I have a greater than five vote cushion on the "trusted reviewer" icon.

Well I'm not sure if you can "loose" positives.. maybe you can loosen some bolts though.. (sorry, pet peeve :D)

To answer your question though, yes, everyone has a chance to change their vote after an update. I don't see why someone would vote negative on an improved review though.

If it's something that really bothers a lot of people, I can change it so only people that voted "not helpful" have the chance to change their minds.

I wonder if there's a way to leave feedback to reviewers about the reason you voted not helpful. It'd be beneficial to the reviewer to know they got 10 negative votes because they rated a 1-star course as a 5-star or their review was only one sentence and unhelpful, etc. Just a thought

Yea, that goes back to my idea of leaving comments on reviews but I thought adding that could turn ugly with people just saying stuff like "this review sucks".

Good point you make. It's sad, but there would be lots of negative comments like that. So much for the constructive criticism.

Latest posts