• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

VOTE for OKTHROWBERFEST 2013 ! ! !

Pick your THREE favorites

• Hot Evil

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • October Leaves

Votes: 13 3.5%
  • Ichabod's Fright

Votes: 119 32.2%
  • Punk'n Pumpkin

Votes: 41 11.1%
  • Okthrowber the 13th

Votes: 84 22.7%
  • Scream!

Votes: 8 2.2%
  • Left The Remote In There...

Votes: 52 14.1%
  • Oak To Aces

Votes: 7 1.9%
  • Angry Clown

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Happy Accident

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Two Face

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Handcut Hell

Votes: 34 9.2%
  • T-Devil

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Batman

Votes: 12 3.2%
  • Dead Men Tell No Tales

Votes: 62 16.8%
  • Rise Above

Votes: 27 7.3%
  • Who You Callin' Sweetheart

Votes: 156 42.2%
  • Skull Candy

Votes: 34 9.2%
  • Throw Til Ya Bleed

Votes: 16 4.3%
  • Zombie Peanuts

Votes: 85 23.0%
  • Autumn's Fury

Votes: 65 17.6%
  • Raven's Roost

Votes: 112 30.3%
  • Nightmare Before Discmas

Votes: 73 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Punkn Pumpkin - just something about this that does it for me
Dead Men Tell No Tales - very clean, looks like stained glass, clear #1 for me
Zombie Peanuts - although its even almost too simple, I like the "classic" approach of black silhouette only, and the topic is gold

i also voted for dead men tell no tales. Simple looking but there is alot there. Love that stained glass look.

Love the raven also, the detail on the Raven is amazing.

well at this moment I voted for the top 3

My favorite time of year on these forums. Some impressive stuff this year. The feathers on Raven's Roost are amazing.

I almost did two of the designs that other people did but changed my mind at the last moment. I'm glad I did, I doubt I would've done as good a job.

Nice work dyers!

Btw what's the trick for preventing fading on dyed discs? I have a few that are a couple years old and they just don't look as crisp as they used too.

Thanks again for setting this up BennettUA

There's some insane talent on display here. Good luck to all who dyed.

^this!

Really hard to only pick 3! Tip of the cap to all the artists. Well done gents.
^ and this. Some of those were simply amazing - you can tell how much detail work went into some of them. That said, as far as my votes go - I voted for those that had a theme/told a story, rather than for the most incredible dye jobs.

Nice work dyers!

Btw what's the trick for preventing fading on dyed discs? I have a few that are a couple years old and they just don't look as crisp as they used too.

Thanks again for setting this up BennettUA
Unfortunately, it's one of the limitations of the medium. The softer the plastic the more it will fade.

Maybe I haven't spent enough time on the forums studying everyone's styles but I can only tell who 4 of the discs came from. Anyway, amazing work out there fellas. I'm honored to have one in the race with such talented dyers. :clap:

Amazing work everyone. I must have that Zombie Peanuts disc. Bravo to all the artists.

To reiterate, I would like to call "dibs" on the Zombie Peanuts disc if it goes up for sale. AMAZING

Amazing work everyone. I must have that Zombie Peanuts disc. Bravo to all the artists.

To reiterate, I would like to call "dibs" on the Zombie Peanuts disc if it goes up for sale. AMAZING

Zombie Peanuts, albeit very clever and topical, is an extremely simple dye. As long as you don't have to have the exact one that was entered in Okthrowberfest 2013 than I'm sure it'd be easy to find someone to do it for you cheaply and quickly.

Zombie Peanuts, albeit very clever and topical, is an extremely simple dye. As long as you don't have to have the exact one that was entered in Okthrowberfest 2013 than I'm sure it'd be easy to find someone to do it for you cheaply and quickly.

Simple, or simply brilliant? I think it's great, and as I said, my vote went to those I thought were clever or interestingly themed, rather than to those with the best artwork or most detail.

What zenbot said. The better the quality of the plastic the longer the dye will last without fading. I personally prefer gold line for dying for this very reason.

Simple, or simply brilliant? I think it's great, and as I said, my vote went to those I thought were clever or interestingly themed, rather than to those with the best artwork or most detail.

I wasn't knocking the dye at all. I personally love it, who wouldn't say it's awesome? I was only trying to say that if he wanted one, it would be very easy to recreate and use for all the night throwing we're about to do once daylight savings time takes effect!:D

I wasn't knocking the dye at all. I personally love it, who wouldn't say it's awesome? I was only trying to say that if he wanted one, it would be very easy to recreate and use for all the night throwing we're about to do once daylight savings time takes effect!:D
Never thought you were knocking it. My point was that as simple as it is as a dye, it's a brilliant idea.

Here's the Scooby Doo version of Zombie Peanuts! I'm hoping to find more zombified cartoons and make a full glow bag of these things!

Once again, big ups to whoever did ZP, awesome and inspirational dye!

Attachments

• zombiescoobydoo.jpg
    zombiescoobydoo.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 40
Amazing artwork everybody and thanks for sharing them with us! Had a very tough time getting down to just 3 votes. Happy Okthrowberfest!

Latest posts