• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

VOTING for OKTHROWBERFEST 2012

vote for your top 3

• Bones of Terror

Votes: 13 3.3%
  • Skull Candy

Votes: 61 15.3%
  • Drawn in Blood

Votes: 179 44.8%
  • Glass Skull

Votes: 59 14.8%
  • Calvin the Zombie

Votes: 52 13.0%
  • Skullfire

Votes: 28 7.0%
  • Join Us

Votes: 124 31.0%
  • starry night

Votes: 56 14.0%
  • Night Of The Discing Dead

Votes: 75 18.8%
  • Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin

Votes: 57 14.3%
  • The End of Evil

Votes: 125 31.3%
  • Corn Crazy

Votes: 20 5.0%
  • Sweet Tooth

Votes: 7 1.8%
  • Green Diablo

Votes: 32 8.0%
  • Mastodon the Hunter

Votes: 31 7.8%
  • Ty died

Votes: 78 19.5%
  • Creepy

Votes: 50 12.5%
  • Black Widows

Votes: 14 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Whoever did DiB, please PM me when you're ready.
I would kill to commission some artwork for the 13th Deaf National Championship in 2013.

Painted yes, with dye, yes. I am certain that this is dye, not paint. Standard stencil dye jobs will NOT yield these results, nor will a first-timer; this technique requires a lot of trial and error, but with ample experience, these results are definitely possible. See the previous Okthrowberfests if you want more mind-boggling shading through painted dye techniques.

Ha i am an artiest. i painted for years.And still do b4 i dyed plastic and that is not all dye i can tell paint very clearly .For example the blood drops are raised off the disc .dye soaks into the disc not sit on top ,Still good art tho.

that is not all dye i can tell paint very clearly .For example the blood drops are raised off the disc .dye soaks into the disc not sit on top

Did you do what Bennett suggested, he usually has very good advice?

That is clearly painted with dye and acetone (or possibly alcohol but I doubt it), the brush strokes are actual brush strokes, the red dots while they may appear to be raised to you, are not. As the acetone used evaporates the edges tend to darken giving the 3d appearance.

It's an excellent example of the craft!

edit: Also I suspect 5 or 6 other entries employed some form of this technique.

Last edited:
Ha i am an artiest. i painted for years.And still do b4 i dyed plastic and that is not all dye i can tell paint very clearly .For example the blood drops are raised off the disc .dye soaks into the disc not sit on top ,Still good art tho.

The guy who did DiB is also a life long artist who just recently got into disc dyes (this time last year I believe). I will let him defend himself, but I would be very surprised if there is any paint on that disc at all.

If you go back through the dye a day thread you will see him explaining what he does and where he started. Plus where he got the idea to start dying like that. It's definitely dye done by a very talented dyer. Many of us who spend hours dying discs and contributing to this sub forum could tell you who it was at first glance as well as many other dyes in this competition. Trust me it's dye and he's just that good.

OK.... just felt the need to chime in here. I know the artist who did DiB ;) and I have seen the disc in person and examined it closely. I can guarantee that this is a legit (PDGA AND Okthrowberfest) dye job with no paint or any other material that would add to the surface of the disc (sweet GL Saint, by the way)
It is sad that anyone would question the integrity of any of the fine artists on this site and I'm sure that the author of DiB is offended by the accusation, but at the same time very appreciative of the support that was shown by his fellow dyers on this forum.:thmbup:

OK.... just felt the need to chime in here. I know the artist who did DiB ;) and I have seen the disc in person and examined it closely. I can guarantee that this is a legit (PDGA AND Okthrowberfest) dye job with no paint or any other material that would add to the surface of the disc (sweet GL Saint, by the way)
It is sad that anyone would question the integrity of any of the fine artists on this site and I'm sure that the author of DiB is offended by the accusation, but at the same time very appreciative of the support that was shown by his fellow dyers on this forum.:thmbup:

Well played, sir.:clap:

Amazing work! I basically picked 3 at random from the 5 or 6 that really stood out. All of the entries are great though, way beyond my meager abilities.

I think you spelled artist wrong, but you could also replace it with "moron." :D

WOW.... amazing work!! all the artist have great skillz... It was very hard to pick three :(

The anonymous aspect of this contest is just killing me, good call :thmbup:. I'm thinking there are more than one dark horses who are in but haven't said a word about it. I have 9 I'm pretty certain on, anybody else guessing?

I think you spelled artist wrong, but you could also replace it with "moron." :D

Lol Moron . You are a joke calling someone a moron .Good thing it's the internet or they might find your Shirley ass in an ally someplace . Funny how you all Hate . that is paint and all of you are getting shafted. So **** you and the ppl that run this **** . it's a scam and that IS NOT DYE you jock riding imbecilic nut suckers .Red dye don't cover black dye i don't care what you use .Lame cheat

Lol Moron . You are a joke calling someone a moron .Good thing it's the internet or they might find your Shirley ass in an ally someplace . Funny how you all Hate . that is paint and all of you are getting shafted. So **** you and the ppl that run this **** . it's a scam and that IS NOT DYE you jock riding imbecilic nut suckers .Red dye don't cover black dye i don't care what you use .Lame cheat

I don't know about all that other stuff .But the red covering the black make me a lil suspicious . I have used acetone red still don't cover black .which leads me to believe the same it's paint ..maybe not all ..And the person that said he used acetone .Acetone evaporates like Alcohol which react to the plastic .if those drops was acetone mix they would have combined colors because acetone will smear the colors every dye person knows this . so i think it's a lie aswell there are just too many questions when looked at .there is no need to call me names cause of my thoughts like you all have done Fellon cause i wont be back to read them .

Wow. Only three? That is a challenge. Great work guys.

You must have entered one of the ones that's losing with a vengeance. Either that or you're just a common loser. Go away, nobody likes you. This is a gentleman's competition and nobody needs to win so bad that they would cheat.

Isn't it amazing how two people agreeing, and one of them making his first post on top, would share the same weird punctuation style? What are the chances?

(That being said, I thought the red dots was thick dye that had not been wiped off - seeing as it still stays red when covering black. But I can see other ways that it could have been achieved.)