• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wanted it to work, but it didn’t

Groove. For all the reasons everyone knows.

Beast. It seemed like such an awesome disc, but all it would do is fly like I threw a spike hyzer.

Buzzz. I just expected it to be a lot better than it was, I think. It was so hyped up that I thought it would be among the best midranges ever... but my Cobra and Panther outshine it every single time.

Lately it's the Opto Core. I bought a dyed one in the 170's strictly because it looked awesome and I assumed it would be a pretty good disc (love my Opto River). Now it ain't bad but it's way more understable than my Z Buzzz (the workhorse). If I can learn to harness that a bit it could be a good thing but right now it's a wee unpredictable and don't know if it's going to make the bag or the wall.

Stalker. I tried Z, Glow, ESP. Wasnt happening. It was like a Buzzz that i had to throw harder for not much more distance and was far inferior to a Teebird.

Viking. I was excited a few years back to try out what was toutred as a more stable Valk - what could be better than a Valk that doesn't turn and burn with the slightest bit of over torque??? But the Viking blows!!! I have NEVER thrown it well, ever. After a 4 year hiatus from it, maybe I should try it again - NOT!!!!

Stalker. I tried Z, Glow, ESP. Wasnt happening. It was like a Buzzz that i had to throw harder for not much more distance and was far inferior to a Teebird.

this...

I've got 2 FR Zs both 10/10 that I don't want but I'm not sure I can get rid of them now with all this bad mouthing. I'm sure someone still likes them.

I was also disappointed with the TD. It was way more stable than what I wanted. I was looking for a disc that I could throw long range turnovers and rollers out of the box. it was almost as stable as my Avengers. maybe I should give it another shot.

I'm tempted to start a sidewinder thread. Everyone hates on 'em but I can make mine go dead straight or anny ever so slightly. It reminds me of my Leopard but faster and longer. Mine is controllable and consistent contrary to its squirrely reputation.

As a kid I loved Aerobie, I wanted the epic to work, but... Well, you know the ending to this tale.

I'm tempted to start a sidewinder thread. Everyone hates on 'em but I can make mine go dead straight or anny ever so slightly. It reminds me of my Leopard but faster and longer. Mine is controllable and consistent contrary to its squirrely reputation.

As a kid I loved Aerobie, I wanted the epic to work, but... Well, you know the ending to this tale.

I agree completely on the Sidewinder. I like 'em heavy in star plastic.

I never thought the Epic would work...

As for the OP... I just can't warm up to the Roc. I don't know why, but the most popular mid ever is the mold that I like the least. I can't explain it.

Honorable mention would be the pro Starfire. It would turn over at all the worst times.

Dx Valkyries. These shouldn't be made in Dx plastic. Brand new they fly fine, but after half a round, they're turning and burning.

To all the Comet haters (or non Comet converts), u gotta use the Climo grip!

Katana- rim too big for my tiny hands and beyond my ability anyways.

Katanna!!!!

raise-your-hand.jpg

Dx Valkyries. These shouldn't be made in Dx plastic. Brand new they fly fine, but after half a round, they're turning and burning.

To all the Comet haters (or non Comet converts), u gotta use the Climo grip!

So my hands need to grow 1 1/2 times their current size?

I got a Champ Sidewinder from my SS, thing is cash money.