• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wanted it to work, but it didn’t

DGA Titanic . Thought this would be the perfect disc. The Magnet mold in ESP plastic. Not happening. Not much glide, and the plastic is so slick, with out a perfect hit, it just bounces out of the chains.

Challenger. I have tried to make this disc work as a putter. Its OK for overstable approach shots, but as a all around putter, I just can't seem to make it work. I have the ESP, Flx, and Pro D Challenger, and it just doesn't work for me. I get alot of blow through and bounces off the chains with it. Just can't make it stick more than 40% of the time.

ORC. I have never liked this disc, nor have I found a use for it yet.

gotta be the flx pred and esp force, didn't take long and i was turning both of them over, loved the feel of both discs to.... also the diablo dt, dimples didn't feel very nice on my hand

Stalker....really wanted to like it but it is now gone from my bag...replaced with the eagle

TeeBird-L...

Though it might just be the disc I own, since it was bought used. And on the cheap. I'll have to get another... one that doesn't flip every time I throw it.

here's a running total so far of discs people had high hopes for but were then disappointed

Type Amount
Stalker 9
Buzzz 7
Comet 6
Roc 6
Katana Pro 1
Katana 4
Katana Total 5
River 4
Avenger FLX 1
Avenger 2
Avenger Total 3
Eagle 3
Groove 3
Sidewinder 3
Teebird-L 1
Teebird 2
Teebird Total 3
Valk Champ 1
Valk DX 1
Valk 1
Valk total 3
Epic 2
Ion 1
Ion Soft 1
Ion Total 2
Nuke 2
Surge 2
Wraith Eco 1
Wraith 1
Wraith Total 2
Avenger SS FLX 1
Beast 1
Challenger 1
Core Opto 1
Flick 1
Force ESP 1
Illusion 1
Lat Plastic 1
Leopard 1
Mako 1
Orc 1
Predator FLX 1
Sirius Orion LS 1
SL 1
Soft putters 1
Surge SS 1
TD 1
Titanic 1
TL Star 1
Viking 1
Wahoo R-Pro 1
Whippet Glow Champ 1

if people can expect to throw very well with the groove than really any disc could get on this list.

i figured this list was gunna be all buzzz's, roc's, valk's, teebird's and leopard's.

Maybe this has already been said, but, imo, I've met very few people who throw both a roc and a buzzz. Its usually one or the other.

that's why i figured they'd be at the top.

stalkers were a surprise

I think a lot of people liked the stalker and were impressed by it at first. But then they found themselves wandering back to the old tried and true rather quickly...