• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

warped discs

What do you guys do when a disc gets bent? I have a couple of Z plastic discs that are pretty messed up. I think the heat really got to them because my bag was in my toolbox. I didn't help that I proceeded to throw one directly into a tree. :|

You can set them out in the sun on a flat surface. That should help a bit.

You can set them out in the sun on a flat surface. That should help a bit.

But the UV really isn't good for the plastic. What I do it find a medium large bowl that comes close to supporting just the rim of the disc and pour hot off the stove water into the bottom and let it sit until cool. It gently takes the warp out of my warp prone discs.

What do you guys do when a disc gets bent? I have a couple of Z plastic discs that are pretty messed up. I think the heat really got to them because my bag was in my toolbox. I didn't help that I proceeded to throw one directly into a tree. :|

But the UV really isn't good for the plastic. What I do it find a medium large bowl that comes close to supporting just the rim of the disc and pour hot off the stove water into the bottom and let it sit until cool. It gently takes the warp out of my warp prone discs.

You answered your own question. :thmbup:

One thing to consider: warping after obstacle contact generally is considered part of the "seasoning process"

You should see my most beat up and beloved Eagle. . Damn is she ugly, but she's got that whole personality thing going for her.

I just put them on the car dash for a couple hours and then bring them inside and set them on the kitchen counter. Works fine.

Oven or hot water would probably work as well, but that's more work.

I just put them on the car dash for a couple hours and then bring them inside and set them on the kitchen counter. Works fine.

Oven or hot water would probably work as well, but that's more work.

That sir, would be retarded

I think you just need more details on the oven explanation. I know what you mean, but I think he is worried about melting the plastic.

That sir, would be retarded

It's only retarded if *you* are retarded in the way you go about it. It's just heat, dude, same as any other method really. Have to be more careful with base plastics but as long as you don't use too high of a temperature (and for god's sake, not the broiler) then it works great. If you're unsure about your level of retardation, then start with the lowest oven setting - around 100F-120F and check the disc after 2-3 minutes. Rinse and repeat with slightly higher temps if need be. Duh, right? Use a cookie sheet or something to support the disc, remove it and let it cool, right side up or upside down depending on what you want, with or without some type of support or weight to help retain/change the shape.

I think it's quicker and easier than hot water, with better results. Just don't be a retard.

Again, I haven't used the oven.

Depends on the disc as to what the exact plastic mix is used but TPU uses a barrel temperature in the neighborhood of 200C +/- 30C during the injection mold process - so keep it below 300F and you'll be fine.

I just used the oven on it's lowest setting to flatten out my GL Trident. Worked perfectly!

I just used the oven on it's lowest setting to flatten out my GL Trident. Worked perfectly!

Yup same here, the magic temperature for candy plastic is 230 degrees F. Put it in there for 10 minutes at 230 on a flat cooking sheet then throw it in the fridge to cool.

Ok here goes listen up,
My son left a pro leopard in the fairway during a scramble one day. One other group was playing behind us and they said they hadn't seen it. 3 weeks later parks dept. called found my disc under the huge garbage can at the parking lot. It was clovered bad on top like parts of the top were even with the bottom of the rim. The rim was so crooked you could lay it flat and see under it. It was probably 1/2 inch off the table

I put it on the dash and barely turned on the defrost and put the edge over the defroster. Rotated it every once in a while. 45-60 minutes it was as good as new.
Innova pro plastic
Charlie

I really doubt that a couple hours of sitting in the sun is going to noticeably shorten the life of a disc, we do play this game outside.

Latest posts