• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Wasp throwers

does it chunk up just like the regular jb

would you consider the ct jb to beat to flippy or too early to tell yet

any rim bend in the ct jb

Yes

Hard to tell, lost 1 and hit a rock with 1, which never flew right after that

Yes, after blasting a tree about 40' in front of me

It's like they copied the Pure white plastic from Gateway essentially. I haven't spiked into many trees with it, but the one I've thrown seemingly holds up decently on desert courses in AZ.

My well used one has lost a bit of fade and will hyzer flip a bit but always comes back. Pretty good glide and distance, moreso than a Z, but not quite as much fade either unless right out of the box unthrown.

I'd love it if it were $10-$12 and I would (maybe) cycle em at that price, the plastic is stiff and wonderfully grippy. But at $19.99, I'm not super geeked on em.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It's like they copied the Pure white plastic from Gateway essentially. I haven't spiked into many trees with it, but the one I've thrown seemingly holds up decently on desert courses in AZ.

My well used one has lost a bit of fade and will hyzer flip a bit but always comes back. Pretty good glide and distance, moreso than a Z, but not quite as much fade either unless right out of the box unthrown.

I'd love it if it were $10-$12 and I would (maybe) cycle em at that price, the plastic is stiff and wonderfully grippy. But at $19.99, I'm not super geeked on em.

yeah im not buying a $20 disc when it eventually looks like pro d

Yes

Hard to tell, lost 1 and hit a rock with 1, which never flew right after that

Yes, after blasting a tree about 40' in front of me
This was my experience too. Mine came down on an angle onto a brick or cinder block and took a good 1" gouge out the rim and bent it pretty good. The plus was that it was laser straight after that but not what I wanted after paying near $23 for it

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Funny how 141 pages later we still just have Z wasps getting molded every once in a while, and a smattering of other nonsense plastics that taco upon contact with a tree.

They found the time to make Ti Stings but no Ti Wasps?? That's just one example of many. DC, put the Wasp mold in the machine and pump some premium plastic into it not called Z.

I think the solution here is for one of us Wasp enthusiasts to get on Paul McBeth's level of skill and popularity in the Disc Golf community. Then, that person can tell Discraft of their absurd mistreatment of the Wasp.

Funny how 141 pages later we still just have Z wasps getting molded every once in a while, and a smattering of other nonsense plastics that taco upon contact with a tree.

They found the time to make Ti Stings but no Ti Wasps?? That's just one example of many. DC, put the Wasp mold in the machine and pump some premium plastic into it not called Z.

You know why ESP Comets exist in stock form? Because when they were released in LE ESP, they sold out quickly. No one complained about the $20 price tag because everyone was too busy stocking up.

You know why Wasps only come in Z? Because people don't want to pay a premium for special runs. Over the years, Discraft has sold Wasps in the plastics you desire and more. No one has bought them. That's kind of funny because Wasps can spend years in your bag but an extra $5 seems to be too much to bear.

No Ti forces. No esp or Ti wasps. Yet the zombee, archer and the sting comes in more plastic choices. Da heck Discraft??

The Ti Sting is simply awesome. I never plan to buy it in any other plastic.

I could see a run of X Wasps being worth it for cycling, but I really don't see the value of other plastics due to demand(Z is just so awesome).

If we are really serious about a limited run of another plastic, how many discs are required for a special run? If someone could get an agreement, a kickstarter campaign could be a way to raise the funds to get run produced.

The WASP don´t get much love from Discraft. . other moulds comes in a ton of plastics and tour series nice swirls.

Odd moulds gets Ti, ESP Swirl and other plastic. . not the WASP

Looks like Discraft wants to kill the WASP by giving all their other OS mids nice plastics and runs. .and to have the WASP in low stock and just in Z

You know why ESP Comets exist in stock form? Because when they were released in LE ESP, they sold out quickly. No one complained about the $20 price tag because everyone was too busy stocking up.

You know why Wasps only come in Z? Because people don't want to pay a premium for special runs. Over the years, Discraft has sold Wasps in the plastics you desire and more. No one has bought them. That's kind of funny because Wasps can spend years in your bag but an extra $5 seems to be too much to bear.
I don't think it's so much that people don't want to buy them, but that a lot special runs aren't worth the premium. The ESp Ledgestone Waps sold out super quick because the markup above comparable discs wasn't extravagant. The CT Jawbreaker has not because it's not worth paying $20 for 1 disc when it's direct competition can be had for $10 or less (KC Rocs)

I don't think it's so much that people don't want to buy them, but that a lot special runs aren't worth the premium. The ESp Ledgestone Waps sold out super quick because the markup above comparable discs wasn't extravagant. The CT Jawbreaker has not because it's not worth paying $20 for 1 disc when it's direct competition can be had for $10 or less (KC Rocs)

Rocs and Wasps do not fly the same. They are not a direct competition.

this is wildly simplified

what about the stock run of d

what about the og esp wasp

why did discraft try to charge 20 instead of 10 for what everyone knows is crap plastic

mcpro rock3 is a direct competition but i hear what you are saying

this is wildly simplified

what about the stock run of d

what about the og esp wasp

why did discraft try to charge 20 instead of 10 for what everyone knows is crap plastic

I stick by my statement.

And why did Discraft overcharge? Because they want money.

https://www.discgolf.discraft.com/prod_wasp_t.html

I did not know if you meant they had never made a Ti Wasp.

This was a sweet disc....sadly made in awful colors. Autumn Maple Leaf Red, Michigan Summer Grass Green.....

It's funny because anytime somebody posts old esp or Ti wasps on Discraft all day. People always get in bidding wars paying $20-$35 for old or new ones.

Maybe I got into disc golf too late, I would have been buying all those years ago!

It used to be if you liked Rocs but wanted better than base plastic you had to get a Wasp or spend through the nose. Innova got wise, and Discraft is holding serve. The Tis were nice but invisible, and the Glos all came out domey. The ESPs weren't especially flat either, in my experience. A good flat Z Wasp is a mighty fine disc.

The Ti Sting is simply awesome. I never plan to buy it in any other plastic.

I could see a run of X Wasps being worth it for cycling, but I really don't see the value of other plastics due to demand(Z is just so awesome).

If we are really serious about a limited run of another plastic, how many discs are required for a special run? If someone could get an agreement, a kickstarter campaign could be a way to raise the funds to get run produced.

On Facebook Bob Julio has said the minimum is 1000. It's been discussed for the Stalker as well as the Wasp. If I keep going the way I am, I might be able to make some noise with the Wasp, but it may be too late then (I might also be able to help the Stalker as well, but Hailey King might do so first).