• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Watch out Highbridge Hills

What will happen to this course

• It will recieve poor reviews to knock it down

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • Idlewild and Flip City will get a string of 5's

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • the course will gain popularity and maintain #1

Votes: 25 33.8%
  • Who gives a crap it's in Wisconsin

Votes: 30 40.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OMG I'm #1 (I hope u facebooked it from your phone)

WHO REALLY CARES??? (not me, unless I lose a disc there)

All of the courses that have been in the top ten the few months I've been around here, look like GREAT places to play............it's about time Highbridge Hills got recognized!!! Flip vs. Idlewild I don't care (quite frankly I'm a rec level player, flip looks more fun) The fact is, we can obviously (or I can, ya know I wnet 2 skool) toss out the crap reviews...

I haven't been playing nearly as long as some around here, but that first winter I checked stuff out online, well, since then I WANNA PLAY HH!!!! it seems like a great piece of land, with design that takes DG to the next level (IMHO there needs to be par 4/5's). MORE POWER TO EM!!!! I've never played there, it's really, REALLY a long drive up WI to get there, but it sounds SO WORTH IT!

... I could go on... end of rant/

I gotta say, I never really looked at the reviews at Flip, but I am planning a MI trip some time real soon, so I did. Some are REAL weak. No substance to them at all, and not even details. I thought some of Winter Park's reviews were weak, but I guess it's a common thing. The reviews of Blueberry are EXCELLENT, thorough, detailed, descriptive, and very well written for the most part.

Now, this is PURE subjectivity. I've played Blueberry and it's one I've rated a 5. It deserves it, IMO (remember that, opinions do count in reviews). I have not played Flip, but it seems from reading the reviews that it is much more about the 'experience' there (similar to Highbridge). The course itself doesn't sound like it has amazing balance and variety like other courses. From the pictures and Hole info, it doesn't appear to have a huge downhill ripper hole that you can air it out on, it does not have water hazards (creek/river or pond), and I have not seen many pictures of the greens but they don't appear to be risky or precariously placed. PLEASE EXCUSE ME IF MY SPECULATION IS WRONG! I like having all these neat and NOT subtle design aspects. Don't get me wrong, I'm not doubting Flip so I hope the Flip-club doesn't attack me and call me an idiot for no reason, I will be going there to play, and I will be enjoying it I'm sure. (More on this later)

For everyone that has said they hope the Top 10 continually change, I couldn't agree more. I want to always see newer, tougher, and more creative courses. I'm also the type that thinks old school design is lacking true challeneg and precision, and suffers by comparison to many of the new courses that are looking to push the envelope to watch it not only bend, but break it!

Now, back to my personal aside. The Top 10 is touchy here it sure does appear. It think we miss the true intent. I RARELY use the Top 10 front page. I go into the course browser, sort all courses by rating and look for the highest rated. Of course then you have to look at # of reviews, weed out junk ones, look at the accompanying pictures, etc. That's all part of the extenive lengths a true disc golfer will go to in order to find a play a neat course. That's because we (definitely ME) are ADDICTED to disc golf! We need to feed that addiction and I have been suggesting a Top 25 and lower the threshold to just 6 reviews or so (we'll save discussion of weighting reviews based on # of courses that reviewer has played, and Trusted Reviewer status). That way we can all see what is new, hot, different, and popular. Even if they don't stick the Top 25 on the front page, I'll continue to look for all the courses with good reviews and plenty of supporting information.

Back on topic - HIGHBRIDGE IS WORTH THE DRIVE!!! But you better plan a weekend and multiple rounds per course because you won't want to leave!!

And for all you football fans (yes, the demographics clearly show disc golfers are comprised largely of the same group of people that like football), if you ever get to Green Bay WI, it's well worth the 40 minute drive to play Winter Park in Kewaunee! It has uphill, huge downhill, creek, pond, road OB, across-hill, TIGHT woods, risky greens, long open holes, mandos, and so many unique natural features and terrain that are fully utilized on the course.

I have not played Flip, but it seems from reading the reviews that it is much more about the 'experience' there (similar to Highbridge). The course itself doesn't sound like it has amazing balance and variety like other courses. From the pictures and Hole info, it doesn't appear to have a huge downhill ripper hole that you can air it out on, it does not have water hazards (creek/river or pond), and I have not seen many pictures of the greens but they don't appear to be risky or precariously placed. PLEASE EXCUSE ME IF MY SPECULATION IS WRONG!

Oh so wrong on those assumptions, so wrong. But that's for you to find out in person. :D

I will be playing Highbridge in a few weeks (also Winter Park in two weeks) so I will let you know.

Also, the short reviews on all courses seem kind of weak, but the last Flip reviewer hit the nail on the head for a course that has 50+ reviews. What more can be said anymore? I suspect the same for Idlewild and courses with a lot of great reviews. Even now when I review a well reviewed course it's hard to find anything new and revealing to write about that already hasn't been said many times. Highbridge only has 10 reviews. I can find 20+ great reviews of both Flip and Idlewild so that point is kinda moot Super.

Once again...JUST GET OUT AND PLAY! who cares where, when, or how, just play. Some places will be more magical than others, it's your goal to find which speaks to you.

BTW...Flip City on Wednesday night will be my last night of summer in Michigan before packing for the winter...and it will be where I choose to spend my 40th birthday. it's that magical, for me and many others. f#ck I'm old....

now GET OFF MY LAWN!

Highbridge Hills is ONLY about DISCIN. A fellow took his family land, very beautiful land, and dedicated it towards the game of disc golf. To be 8 courses plus a campground course. Schwing!!!

If Highbridge gets rated and or reviewed anything below a 5, that person clearly has never been there.

The only thing to do there is camp and disc... there are zero cons for a true discer.

There is no single number one course in the world, but there is no better place than Highbridge.

Highbridge Hills is ONLY about DISCIN. A fellow took his family land, very beautiful land, and dedicated it towards the game of disc golf. To be 8 courses plus a campground course. Schwing!!!

If Highbridge gets rated and or reviewed anything below a 5, that person clearly has never been there.

The only thing to do there is camp and disc... there are zero cons for a true discer.

There is no single number one course in the world, but there is no better place than Highbridge.

eeek, you are setting yourself up for failure on this site already. :(

The point is there are many 5 disc - 4 star - 10/10 2 thumbs up courses. There isn't a six disc magical course, therefore no place is better than Highbridge.
I'll say that about some other courses I've had the pleasure of playing...Rooster Rock (what the Northwest is about to me) Dexter Lake Whistler's Bend - Hays, Kansas (a gem in the middle of the country, middle of nowhere) Blue Valley Waterworks Sioux Passage... 5 disc courses that everyone who has actually played them (tomjulio) can appreciate.

With so many great courses out there why bother nitpicking em. Just play them for the enjoyment they bring!

Hmm Blue Ribbon is now out of the top 10!

OMG the most recent reviews of Flip City are WEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I especially like the one from the guy who played 3 courses and this is the best he's played.

Again, I'm not doubting that it is sweet, but at what lengths do you go to to obtain a top 10 rating? Like I said, raise it to 25 reviews needed, Winter Park will be back in later. However, I still feel the BEST reviews are by those who have PLAYED the most, NOT reviewed the most. I wish I could choose to only read reviews of those who have played 50+ courses, and sort out the weaklings who have only played locally. It's not much to be able to chose to view trusted reviews only because people (myslef icluded) achieve Trusted Reviewer status by subjectivity also.

OMG the most recent reviews of Flip City are WEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just had this conversation with someone last week and here's our conclusion on recent "weak" reviews online from the "TRUE top ten over 30 reviewed" courses on this site. It comes down to this, what more can be said? The likes of Idlewild/Flip/Beaver/Milo have been reviewed to death and talked about at length by both newbs and very well trusted reviewers(I even see some pros in the reviews)...I think people just don't want to repeat what's been said. I think one of the last reviews of Flip actually says the same and is totally understandable. Now when I review courses that have been reviewed to death it's tough not to repeat the same things over and overall, so most don't.

I think after thirty plus reviews a courses true nature will show. we have seen courses rise and fall, and as they say the cream rises to the top.

...this week I head north to my fellow Wisconsin courses (local as some might say) and get to see the newest entries into this sites top ten...IE Winter Park and High Bridge.

Last edited:
De La should never be in a top 10 list due to its basic flaw of crossing fairways and interference several times. I believe if you let me choose two sets of holes where I was allowed to cross fairways on any existing course that doesn't currently have crossing fairways, I could design a course that would get higher ratings than it does now but it would not make it a technically better nor safer course.

Sorry, but it's the top choice right now. But in your defense I think people are voting on that choice because they don't care who is rated number 1, the fact that it is Wisconsin only makes them care a little less :)

I especially like the one from the guy who played 3 courses and this is the best he's played.

Again, I'm not doubting that it is sweet, but at what lengths do you go to to obtain a top 10 rating? Like I said, raise it to 25 reviews needed, Winter Park will be back in later. However, I still feel the BEST reviews are by those who have PLAYED the most, NOT reviewed the most. I wish I could choose to only read reviews of those who have played 50+ courses, and sort out the weaklings who have only played locally. It's not much to be able to chose to view trusted reviews only because people (myslef icluded) achieve Trusted Reviewer status by subjectivity also.

I have to agree, The reviews of both courses are kind of shaddy. (not that they are fake) There are people who have played 10 or more courses and they have only reviewed the course that has already been reviewed 50 times. REVIEW THE ONES THAT NEED IT! Others have only played 2 courses and say Flip or Idle are the greatest ever.

Sorry, but it's the top choice right now. But in your defense I think people are voting on that choice because they don't care who is rated number 1, the fact that it is Wisconsin only makes them care a little less :)

I would say it's more likely the fact that it's not their state that makes them care less since many have pride in their home state.

WI courses are creamy! Cream of the dairy crop here that is...

Check them out some time...

Northeast Lakeshore Area...
Winter Park - Kewaunee
Silver Creek - Manitowoc

WAAAY in the Northwoods...
Highbridge Hills Disc Golf Complex, Mellen
But Sandy Point in Lac du Flambeau is just about an hour away for yet another 4.5 disc course!

Steven's Point Area...
Standing Rocks, Plover
Yulga, Stevens Point
Big Eau Pleine, Mosinee

Eau Claire...
Tower Ridge I & II

Justin Trails Resort...
Classic DGC and Big Brother DGC, Sparta

Madison Area...
Heistand
Elver
Token Creek

BTW...Flip City on Wednesday night will be my last night of summer in Michigan before packing for the winter...and it will be where I choose to spend my 40th birthday. it's that magical, for me and many others. f#ck I'm old....

You didn't look that old at valley view on saturday, IF IT'S ANY CONSOLATION

I would say it's more likely the fact that it's not their state that makes them care less since many have pride in their home state.

I am sure you are correct.
I would love to spend a full week in WI to play just some of the great courses. WI is emerging as one of the great DG destinations.

Well I did notice an explosion in the popularity of the sport this summer. Sadly that has brought some jerks onto the course and one that I go to often I hope they make pay to play, because I'm tired of seeing beer cans and other crap littered all over the place by disrespectful people. I always pick it up, but it makes the experience less enjoyable...there are 18 trash cans and people still have trouble getting their trash in there, it's sad.

Well the answer is here.

Idlewild had a review changed and another added and has taken over.

Flip will not stay 3rd

Latest posts