• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Watch the Kansas City Wide Open online this weekend!

i had to leave and nikko and nate were tied 1 behind avery. they were on hole 18. dunno what hole they started on, but nikko and avery were tied teeing off of 17 and nikko took a 4 (par on that hole) and the other three on the card hit 3's. I don't know who is really tied though.

KCWO?

Is anyone else having trouble with the live stream on discgolfplanet.tv?? This is frustrating...

can't even get it to work today, terry posted on facebook that there is some major lag or something.

Via Terry Miller on Facebook,
Terry Miller
"Hey everyone - we are REBOOTING the satellite modem to hopefully reduce some of the lag that appears to be happening. Please stay tuend. It is going to be an epic battle as we watch our 2011 KC Wide Open Champions crowned." -45minutes ago

Still nothin...

Got done playing 3 rounds and was excited to watch this. Bah!

It was a back and forth battle; Nate and Avery kept switching the lead. Both were tied going in #18. Nate was 20 ft short to put the pressure on, and Avery tugged his drive to the left to find OB. Nate wins!

Geez...why couldn't I have watched that! I got to see the first 2 holes then the feed went down and didn't come back up again.

Discgolfplanet needs to get their stuff together.

Discgolfplanet needs to get their stuff together.
Perhaps in order to get their stuff together, they need money to provide a better stream.

I didn't even bother watching, because I knew "technical difficulties" were going to be a certainty.

I'm not exactly sure why what ever went down happened. It's unfortunate; I put a lot of time and love into that course design, hoping we'd see some movement of the leaderboard during the round. Nate makes a 5 on hole #15 (par 4), then Avery gave it back to him on #16 (par 4). #16 is a newish hole played from an alternate long tee that Avery had easily the best drive I've seen since putting in the tee on Monday. He hit a concrete cooker (they're all over Swope), then missed a short putt.

Best shot of the day: Nate 3'ing #4. 950' par 5 with a giant OB lake. He had a 500' drive followed by a 430' drive and a 20' putt. Sick sick sick sick.

I also saw GG throw #14 (#13 on the standard course, known as the elephant hole) CRUSH his drive, putting him 200' from the basket. On a 725' hole.

Yeah, it's unwatchable IMHO. Tried and even donated once but I think that they need someone that does like Igmc8 or whatever type production in the US. Think Discgolfplanet should do that and then put it up a few weeks later. I'd love to watch a descent NT round!

it most likely will be. all of the other tournaments were available for quite awhile. im pretty sure the camera guys were still filming despite the "break" they took. I hope they learned their lesson that a glitchy feed is better than no feed. more people are upset about this broadcast than others in the past. understandable.

Stuff like this is going to happen when you're trying to stream with a low budget. The alternative, though, is to make the live feed PPV -- they probably get more money running the free feed and asking for donations.

Shame to hear things didn't go well this time; I was working so much; I couldn't view anyway. They've been improving by leaps and bounds.

Latest posts