• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Water Drop Technique

gkeberhart

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I am curious as to if anyone has tried the water drop technique they used in this video. It starts at around 7:20 so you can fast forward. Regardless the entire painting section is pretty interesting to watch, shows a lot of layering and how it can be done.

Cool! Good find. I love how it's made.

Definitely a cool technique, although it looks a little more advanced than the one's I'm currently using. I am for sure going to give it a shot tho. Gonna have to improvise for the heat gun and airbrush tho...

When I get to it I'll post pics and the result, though it probably won't be for a while.

Edit: Just thought about this, they're using paint and we use dye...probably will yield much different results. I may still give it a shot tho, might look cool.

Edit: Just thought about this, they're using paint and we use dye...probably will yield much different results. I may still give it a shot tho, might look cool.

yea I doubt it would be an exact match, but it is a new technique to try and who knows it may look even better with dye. I would imagine a dark blue dye would probably yield the best results for something like this because it will clearly be lighter when finished.

I bet you could use a squirt bottle to get the water droplets and then dust rit dye powder on top to get the effect. Moon is right about airbrushing it like in the video, not going to work because paint reacts with water a whole lot different than dye.

Latest posts