• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ways to get a 2P

I asked a spotter at an A-tier/NT this question. "If i were to ace on a re-tee for missing a mando, it would go on the card as a 3 but would it count as an ace for purposes of the ace fund?" he said he wasn't sure, but he would fight for my cause lol

^^Even a tournament ace with a courtesy violation or 2 foot faults?

I'm curious, what do your rules say if only one doubles partner Aces in Worst Shot format?

That's the one exception we make.

Some WS formats move to the next hole once one player has made the putt but most WS formats make both hole out.

The worst shot formats I have played counted the ace from the first player for ace pot purposes; however, the hole had to be played out from the worst shot.

The worst shot formats I have played counted the ace from the first player for ace pot purposes; however, the hole had to be played out from the worst shot.

Really? the worst shot I've played it didn't matter what shot was worse if one of the shots were in the basket.

Around here that's the distinction between "Worst shot" (both have to make it in) and "Tough Shot" (only one has to go in).

We had a thread about this already, and it was determined that a foot fault, followed by an ace, was the only way to get a circle two. Courtesy violations are not assigned to a particular hole score. They are noted in the margin and added to the final score. A foot fault, assuming a previous foot fault had been called that round (cause you get one warning) would result in a penalty for that hole. So a guy foot faults and has to rethrow with a penalty of 1 and he aces. That's a circle 2.

We had a thread about this already, and it was determined that a foot fault, followed by an ace, was the only way to get a circle two. Courtesy violations are not assigned to a particular hole score. They are noted in the margin and added to the final score. A foot fault, assuming a previous foot fault had been called that round (cause you get one warning) would result in a penalty for that hole. So a guy foot faults and has to rethrow with a penalty of 1 and he aces. That's a circle 2.

Buncr too!

Way to kill it. I was just gonna bring up another what if. What if you are having a really bad round, nothing is going in, and then all of the sudden you hit an ace. In celebration you kick the chains in kind of a suck it chains type celebration. Then all of the sudden karma kicks in and your foot is stuck. You fall backwards and knock yourself unconscious. Would that be a 2P? Guess not thread killer.

No, but I think if you footfaulted twice and aced the 3rd shot, it'd be a warning, a penalty, and a throw. 2P / Circle-2. And a "Take that!" to the guy who called the first two footfaults.
Foot fault on the first throw -> 1st warning, throw doesn't count. Foot fault on the second throw -> 1 throw and 1 penalty, re-throw. Third throw goes in -> Total is up to 2 throws and one penalty, circle 3 or 3P.

And by definition, you can't ace a third shot.

Latest posts