• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

We lost a brother today

crusadersounds

Je Me Souviens Never Forget
A fellow DG'r was on the course at Richmond Hill this morning and had a heart attack. In spite of the CPR administered, the valiant efforts of first responders, EMS, and paramedics, Steve was declared dead in the ER. This post from Randy Hansen who was the last disc golfer to see Steve:

I am sorry to say that inspite of a truely heroic effort from all the first responders this gentleman did not survive todays challenge. All should be proud of the teamwork that I'm sure played out at RH, unfortunately today 4/13/14 was this brothers last round.
I was with him in the end as he was pronounced in the ER at Mission and told him, from one discgolf lover to another, to enjoy the flight, and keep those chains sing'n.

Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers. The WNCDGA will observe a moment of silence/prayer for him/his family tomorrow before weekly doubles at the same course.

*pours Olde English out of a CE Eagle for brother Steve*

My prayers are with his family and all that were involved. Tragic.....

I feel for his family and hope they get through this OK.

Sorry to hear this. Glad he had people who did all they could for him. Rest in peace Steve

Condolences and best wishes for the loved ones left behind.

"enjoy the flight, and keep those chains sing'n."

Prayers are with his family. This is Holy Week in the Christian Faith. As a Christian, I hope his family finds solace in knowing he was taken up on Palm Sunday.

If you have to go then go doing what you love. Peace be with Steve and the ones left behind.

So sad, for all involved. For the rest of us, a reminder that perhaps that missed putt or rules debate or latest sponsor change aren't really all that important.

Sad to hear. Prayers and condolences to his family and friends. Maybe they can take solace in knowing that Steve died while doing something that he loved.

They mention certain members who have departed in Discgolfer magazine. I wonder if his name could be remembered there?